Just got KSP!!!!

Daman453

That's great to hear! I hope you have fun in your KSP adventures. However, please try to keep swearing down to a minimum on the forums (remember: we want to keep them clean and safe, especially for the younger members!)

Thanks For Reading,

Happy Flying! :D

Remember the (not-so) golden rule!

If it does not fly, more boosters. if it breaks, more struts.

(Warning: adding more boosters may cause structural failure beyond the point of recognition. adding more struts may cause lag.)

Also, mods are 100% ok! they are not cheats!

I am due to fly overseas in 9 days by request of our company to train 3 new staff for our overseas operational team managing over 150 million dollars of clients cargo per annum and all I can think about is KSP.

That's how much I love this program

typing this at work :blush:

I am due to fly overseas in 9 days by request of our company to train 3 new staff for our overseas operational team managing over 150 million dollars of clients cargo per annum and all I can think about is KSP.

That's how much I love this program

typing this at work :blush:

Are these 3 staff Jeb, Bill and Bob?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Unless it's Hyperedit.

Views differ on whether or not using mods = cheating. Someone else on the forums (can't remember who) said that the best way to learn gravity turns is to watch MechJeb and try to imitate it, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I only consider debug-menu/HyperEdit/etc. to be "cheating" if it has a permanent effect on the save's persistence files (e.g. launching my "Grand Tourino" IPV with HyperEdit and returning to the Space Center is cheating, but testing it on-orbit for wobble and then reverting to the VAB isn't).

tl;dr Mods add flexibility to the game, whether or not using mods is "cheating" all comes down to how you use them (and how you define "cheating":P). Don't be afraid to experiment, you might miss out on something useful, challenging, and/or fun.

Hyperedit and debug Menu = Cheating

Mechjeb = Autopilot

Mods = Not Cheating

Tuned up parts that perform unrealistically = Cheating ( engine that have 10000 isp and almost doesn't use fuel is cheating to me )

The bottom line is, you know when you are cheating and it doesn't feel right and the game is not fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.