Order of missions

Hello moto

It's the latter. I did figure out how to use the RCS pack (after a few minutes straight out of the movie "Gravity" :)), and can get the Kerbonaut back to the capsule hatch where I get prompted to press "F" to grab it. But every time that I press "F", he bounces off into space rather than grabbing anything. I saw this happen to Scott Manley a couple of times in videos, and he seemed to say it was a flaw in his ship design, so that's my working theory as well. My Kerbal scientists are currently gathered around a table with all of the parts from the Kerbal capsule and an assignment to assemble them together in some jerry-rigged fashion that will allow my Kerbonaut access to the capsule again. Fortunately he doesn't seem to need to breathe or eat too often, and his spacesuit doubles as a Dune-style stillsuit for the other issues :)

Aah. That's just bad luck to be honest. Not much you can do about that!

Not so long ago, a friend of mine talked me about this game, and me being the space freak that I am, had to try.

"Oh, look, small big headed green things, they look comical, this must be easy..." It wasn't xD

1.- Mission: Orbit around Kerbin. It was more like a third of an orbit and an unfortunate crash.

2.- Mission: Orbit around Kerbin. Hey, we're going up fast... watch, the Mun! Wait... this is not an orbit... another planet? Accidental slingshot out into the space, near Duna.

3.- Mission: Orbit around Kerbin. An eliptic weird orbit at about 15º

4.- Mission: Orbit around Kerbin. A circularized 0º orbit. At last.

5.- Mission: Mun landing. Second ship stranded in deep space after another accidental slingshot... with both Mun and Minmus. Failing like a badass.

6.- Mission: Mun landing. Hey, we're in Mun orbit, this must be easy now. No Jeb, parachutes don't work here, remember elemntary school. Mun is too close... ouch. Second life of Jeb was spent here.

7.- Mission: Mun landing. Let's try again... this looks better. Slow down the fall... slow... slow... we're going up again, stop engines! That's it... wait, no, too fast... Jeb's third life out.

8.- Mission: Mun landing. Once again, it can't hurt. Almost there... landed! Wait, no fuel to go back? Mission change, we're the first Mun Base. Permanent, Jeb, permanent.

9.- Mission: Mun landing. Let's send a bigger Lander, one with three radial engines, and much more fuel. And stronger landing legs. Ouch, one engine and one leg out landing. Second module for the Mun Base. Ahem.

I can go on with this, lots of failures and later rescue missions getting stranded in space as well... and then loads of plugins, and then "overclock all the things!!" to not run at 5fps because of plugins... xD

Edited by Demon_82

Try to get off the ground without immediately exploding.

Try to complete a flight without falling apart mid way through.

Get to space.

Get to orbit.

Get to the Mun which had just been added.

Get to the Sun... which turned out to be impossible since the sun didn't exist and was just a point source of light.

Do all of that without map view because map view hadn't been added yet.

Then I took a break because they started charging for the game and I was poor... until .18

1) Kerbinorbiter - simple probes with no re-entry capability

2) Zorza series - 5 gradually advancing designs, accomplishing orbital flight & re-entry, EVA, orbital docking

3) Mun & Minimus probes

4) Manned Mun flyby + unmanned landing (twice; first crashlanded, second landed successfully)

5) KGB spacestation

6) Manned Munar landing

Planned:

1) Pemanent Munar settlement

2) Minimus landing

3) Eve & Duna flybys

:)

1)kerbin orbit

2) the Mun

3) Minums

4) manned mission to duna(I dropped a capsule on duna with a parachute, the kerbal never came back)

5)Rover to duna

6) Rover to other celestial vody with an atmosphere(don't remember the order)

7) Rover to celestial body without atmosphere(don't remember the order)

planned: manned mission to Duna(will work on it when I will find the time).

My space program treats our mission order like an order of operations to help recruits remember and give them good advice. Our current mission sequence is Mun Minmus, Duna, Gilly, Tylo, Dres, Pol, Ike. Or "My mother died going to duna pummeling ike"

I played the demo, but failed to get anything past 60,000 km. But i was hooked and bought the game anyways :P

First up was actually getting someone into space...

Then when I finally got into orbit, i put up a crappy little satellite that ran out of power before i could deploy the solar panels! so it was a space cube!

The next 3 weeks were spent launching rockets at the mun with no idea of how to get there, what i was doing, or what these little thingys on my screen meant :D

I started in 0.19 and I ran through some thing like this.

1. Sub oribtal rocket flight

2. Put a sattelite into orbit

3. Manned orbit

4. Manned orbit around Mun

5. Decouple and re-dock in LKO

6. Land on Mun and return to Kerbin

7. Orbit Minmus

8. Construct Space Station in LKO

9. Land on Minmus and Return

10. Land Probe on Eva

11. Send Rover to Duna

12. Land on Duna and return to Kerbin.

Then it was a bit of this and that...Jool probe, Eeloo landing (no return), several Mun rover missions, Mun base....and some other things that I can't remember now.

- Satellites (lots of them)

- Manned mission to orbit

- Munar Impact Probe (1 - 2)

- Munar Satellites

- Munar Lander Probe (3 - 4)

- Manned Munar Orbit

- Manned Munar Landing

- Repeat for Minmus

I've not gotten farther than Minmus (I don't play this game too religiously, and I always restart after each update (.22 will be the last time, I swear!), but I assume a similar operation will ensue for the planets as well.

Suborbital.

Munar landing.

Who here is jealous of my luck?

1., Landing (manned) on Mün. (First was succes because I'm the most luckiest bastard in the world)

2., Sending a.... 1 module space station to LKO.

3., Landing on Minmus (First was a succes, I'm the luckiest bastard ever ever ever)

4., Sending a space station to LKO with two modules

5., Sending a probe to land on Duna (First is succes, all hail the god Mr. Lucky Bastard!)

6., Landing on Duna with three Kerbals. (First is succes, so now who is the Lucky Bastard?)

In all: Im a Lucky Bastard.

You' no lucky!

1. Suborbital rocket flight

2. Rocket flight out of Kerbin's SOI

3. Orbital flight around Kerbin

4. Sending Jebediah into orbit and trying to bring him down near KSC

5. Sending a probe to the Mun

6. Sending Jeb to the Mun, taking off and flying onwards to Minmus, then returning to Kerbin.

7. Sending a probe to Eve.

8. Sending a probe to flyby Moho.

9. Sending a probe to Jool.

10. Sending a probe to Laythe.

11. First orbital rendezvous and docking, between two small unmanned probes.

12. Building a small space station in Kerbin orbit.

13. getting bored of manual launches, manual maneuvres and underpowered, big-ass, wobbly, cobbled-together rockets, so installing MechJeb and KW Rocketry :sticktongue:

14. Landing a probe on the Mun EXACTLY at the Arch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.