[0.21.1] Flight Recorder

Benache

I really like this mod and would like to use it in career mode, are you working on implementing this in 0.22 ?

Thanks for all the work !

Edited by Vlorp

Is there any chance this could periodically upload the sensor data to the career client and stop at 0.0% science earned? or even just a simple on/off upload. It can take a while to mine a sensor for science and something like that would be a boon to a tedious task.

Using the flight recorder on a simple one stage rocket doesn't seem to work. It creates a csv file in the folder but has no data. The headings are there but no flight data. The part says its recording and the craft has electricity. v0.22.

Well, that's quite strange, i don't understand.

I have to ask this question : did you try to liftoff ? because recording starts at liftoff.

I'm using a single stage rocket to test the plugin, so it should work, especially if the file is created...

I can confirm the same problem as togfox.

Downloaded the mod, installed the FlightRecorder folder in the GameData folder of a fresh 0.22 KSP install. Fired up a new sandbox game, launched a single stage rocket with a battery. Got a CSV file in the PluginData\FlightRecorder folder with the header but no data.

OK, I found the bug.

Look in the \GameData\FlightRecorder\Plugins\PluginData\FlightRecorder folder and open the file called Data.cfg

Change the section

// #### Recorder Configuration ####
interval : 200ms

to

// #### Recorder Configuration ####
//interval : 200ms

The source code shows that he hasn't implemented the code to handle custom time intervals yet. The interval statement is getting parsed as if it were a member of PartModule and spamming the Debug Log.

OK, I found the bug.

The source code shows that he hasn't implemented the code to handle custom time intervals yet. The interval statement is getting parsed as if it were a member of PartModule and spamming the Debug Log.

Exactly. And I spent a few hours deboging with the config file I have...

Good work, thanks.

Well i tried but there must be some kind of mecanism that destroys it in the end because no matter how tough i make it it always disappears after a crash. But i had some fun looking for it with a rover.

• 2 months later...