What planet scares you the most?

Astronaut

Laythe isn't really scary - at this point I can fly to it in my sleep - but for non-game related reasons it makes me distinctly uneasy. It's supposed to be an airless hellhole like Io - so why is it a world with oceans an an oxygen atmosphere? What's it doing all the way out there? How'd the atmosphere get oxygenated with no plants? Is this like Solaris, or the Martian Chronicles, where it's actually a volcanic inferno but the krakens are making me hallucinate?

As far as planets I don't tangle with? Eve. Love Gilly; it's easy to reach and has manageable gravity; it's like a rock park in space. But not a fan of Eve. Hate Eve. I don't dare try landing kerbals there.

still must be eve, still like many here, getting there isnt the biggest problem, the problem arises when i need to get off it again.

As long i cant even get small unmanned probes off it, i wont risk any litte green man to land there.

Probably Eeloo since it's so far away... Duna's not bad, Eve is just hot and has tons of atmosphere, Jool is a big, green, lovable ball of gas, but Eeloo... It's monochromatic, distant, and there's no sense of security there. For some reason the other planets seem so much more secure with at least one other body outside of their orbits, which Eeloo doesn't have... You screw up and you can get lost in interstellar space forever... :0.0:

On that note, Moho is pretty intimidating as well- mess up and you're headed towards the sun- although you at least have the sun's warmth, which Eeloo doesn't...

I've been playing and lurking around here since .18, but only just registered.

They all still scare me, even though I'm been playing on and off for a year now. I've never sent a manned mission beyond the Mun and Minmus because I'm absolutely (and rather inexplicably) terrified of leaving kerbals stranded on alien worlds. :( Never had a problem sending probes anywhere though, and I also love smashing them into planets and sending them off on solar escape trajectories.

I've not visited any of the planets yet with Kerbals, but looking at them I'd have to say Moho purely out of how difficult it is to reach. I could get to Eve just fine with Kerbals. Whatever, they don't need to land, I'm not concerned with that. Moho scares me because if I sent Kerbals there, they could easily miss the planet entirely and get stuck in sun orbit if I don't plan properly. Jool doesn't scare me at all because I use an aerobraking calculator and I'm patient enough to do multiple aerobraking passes, so I'm not likely to lose anybody there.

Moho is a dead airless wasteland anyway so I don't see myself going there except with probes anyway.

Dres.... so dead that i wanna send a pointless satellite called Spectre, Ghost, Soul, Phantom..... Just things whit names ghost themed so i can call Dres the graveyard. (And possibly let some kerbals die there whit a ship that gets wrecked before they could escape and make them die and make horror stories about that, Dres makes me think like a evil souless monster).

Dres is nothing more than Ike, Fellas. Why are you so scared of it? :D

First the Planet that scared me most was Tylo. Now that I have been there it is not scarry anymore but bloody annoying :D

The last mystery that has to be solved is Eve... but do I really want to unravel the last mystery of KSP to me? That question scares me ;)

The last mystery that has to be solved is Eve... but do I really want to unravel the last mystery of KSP to me? That question scares me ;)

I recommend not to do it. After my successful Eve return I felt empty for some time. It felt like there was not much to accomplish anymore. I had landed 2 Kerbals on Tylo already so Eve was the last big challenge to be had. I haven't been to Eeloo yet and I promised myself not to go there. Eeloo is off limits. The last place I haven't been.I'll keep it that way until we get more planets/moons.

On the up-side: After Eve I started to look into mods. Nor just KER and Precise Node anymore but FAR, B9, Kethane, Mission Controller, DRE... They not only brought the fun back but added new challenges at every turn. I'm saving life support and remote stuff for when I'm getting bored with FAR nad DRE (aka not anytime soon :D).

I'm not scared by any planet but I respect them all. Those with atmospheres a little more since FAR/DRE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.