Would you want Squad to confirm release dates such as 0.22 all the time?

Would you?  

1. 1. Would you?

No, the only reason they're confirming the release date is to build up hype and because it is tomorrow. The last time release dates were confirmed the entire forum was filled for a week with complaints because the release was delayed.

A release date is not enough.

sure they told us the 16th.... but they didnt tell us when on the 16th...

I dont want a release date... I dont want a release hour...

I want to know the exact second we can all crash their server downloading the new version.

Are you talking about long term prediction release dates? Because Squad doesn't do that, it can lead to an angry community if there happens to be a delay. This release date isn't such a stretch, as it's only coming out tomorrow.

I selected no, because it's sort of fun seeing n00bs new people asking about when the update is coming out.

Really though, it's sort of nice being surprised when it's finally released, but like Tw1 I think 1day notice is cool too. I'll be firing up my backup drive in a bit to make sure I have a copy of 0.21 before I get 0.22.

Honestly I can't understand why anyone would vote no to this question. Very odd there are a few voting No. Deadlines are mostly a good thing for a professional company, and it's not horrible if it's delayed and the developer just says why it's delayed :P. That way I can plan days off to coincide :).

They only stated a release date because they were certain it could be done by that time. SQUAD almost certainly could have released it tonight but it's better to put out a date of tomorrow and enjoy the derp and hype in the forums.

I'm not even taking the announced release date on faith - it's rare for any game or update to be released on an announced date.

Even if they've got it all ready to go, things can happen.

I'll trust the date when I've got the update installed, and not a moment sooner.

I'm not even taking the announced release date on faith - it's rare for any game or update to be released on an announced date.

Even if they've got it all ready to go, things can happen.

I'll trust the date when I've got the update installed, and not a moment sooner.

I know. I'm pretty excited for the 16th, but I'm not holding my breath on 0.22.

NO!

I dont want them to rush to make a deadline and have bugs as a result. Not only is that not fun for the users, but it hurts squad as well to fix production bugs and ruins their reputation.

Note to Squad: take your time, do a great job as usual. I have lots to do with the current version as is. :cool:

I say yes, BUT, I would like it to be like this: they get everything ready for an update, have it all tested and whatnot, and confirm it the day before it it is dropped, that way they KNOW its ready, and we know it is ready and no one gets a broken heart for a missed date :)

I would assume it creates a less stressful working environment to decrease mistakes and mitigate consumer backlash. At the very least it keeps people from piling onto the download servers all at once.

I work as a programmer and I know how hard it is to give a release date. Not only it is hard to estimate how long will it take to do certain work (and I'm asked all the time for it). I have never seen myself actually meeting that estimate. Things either go way too smooth and you finish in half the time, or they go way too hard and you need twice the time. Then in testing, they can always find a game breaking bug in the last hour before release and it takes a week to fix.

I think it's wrong to ask for release dates. It's done when it's done.