Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Hello I want to ask the IR components can be put into a container (Mod KAS) so as to remove and put his hand to be build directly on the base Mun. Thank you. It would ModuleManager cfg. ?

I don't see why not, you could go through and setup a MM config but you would first need to go through and setup proper eva position for parts when a Kerbal is holding them. or just set one position for all parts but it would look a little funky because not all parts are same size etc. Also you could go through and manually add the KASModuleGrab module to all the IR parts or to the ones you wanted.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

I don't see why not, you could go through and setup a MM config but you would first need to go through and setup proper eva position for parts when a Kerbal is holding them. or just set one position for all parts but it would look a little funky because not all parts are same size etc. Also you could go through and manually add the KASModuleGrab module to all the IR parts or to the ones you wanted.

The problem is that it can not. I only user. Could not find anybody here that would look at it.

The problem is that it can not. I only user. Could not find anybody here that would look at it.

You can. Copy and paste this:

@PART[XXXXXXX]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.15)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = true
storedSize = 2
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
}
}

Into a new .cfg file. Replace XXXXXXX with the desired part name and start the game. Grab the part, and open the KAS debug menu. Fiddle with the numbers until it looks right. Remember them and save them to the above code.

So with the 64bit fix from pg 164 everything seems great. However Jeb was orbiting the mun and decided to ditch some unwanted batteries and solar panels.. needed the weight gone to squeeze out a couple more m/s.. however when he grabbed the part his orbital velocity dropped to 0m/s and he begins to fall, and his ride speeds away on him, continuing on its' orbital path. Anyone else notice this? coincidentally he was able to regain an orbit on just his RCS alone, but just barely.

You can. Copy and paste this:

@PART[XXXXXXX]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = true
storedSize = 2
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
}
}

Into a new .cfg file. Replace XXXXXXX with the desired part name and start the game. Grab the part, and open the KAS debug menu. Fiddle with the numbers until it looks right. Remember them and save them to the above code.

Hi I tried this, but back Kerbin nothing appears and then the container is the empty

@PART[iR_Pivotron_Basic]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = KASModuleGrab

evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)

storable = true

storedSize = 2

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = False

}

}

I wonder if the fine people of this thread could offer me some advice...

I have been having plentiful fun recently adding KAS grab function to parts using module manager, most notably the 1x1 structural panels (I`m going to build me a Mun house)

anyway.. the most recent and promising one has been the sepratron. Making this little beast grabbable was a great move.. and I also decided to make them attachable to eva (i.e. onto kerbals)

much hilarity ensued. Anyway the question

Would anyone have an insight into what cfg entry one might have to make, to enable an EVA kerbal to activate a sepratron (one that is not attached to said Kerbal)

Kerbals can control a sepmotor that is attached to them directly, but not one that is attached to another part object.

Any advice is appreciated!

I wonder if the fine people of this thread could offer me some advice...

I have been having plentiful fun recently adding KAS grab function to parts using module manager, most notably the 1x1 structural panels (I`m going to build me a Mun house)

anyway.. the most recent and promising one has been the sepratron. Making this little beast grabbable was a great move.. and I also decided to make them attachable to eva (i.e. onto kerbals)

much hilarity ensued. Anyway the question

Would anyone have an insight into what cfg entry one might have to make, to enable an EVA kerbal to activate a sepratron (one that is not attached to said Kerbal)

Kerbals can control a sepmotor that is attached to them directly, but not one that is attached to another part object.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hehehe... new plan for the day.... *ahem* anyways...

If I had to guess, I would look for the cfg for the things a Kerbal CAN activate externally. I don't have KAS installed atm, and don't remember offhand what parts you can activate externally, but you might look at the pipe end points and ground anchors, specifically at the "link" ability. Not sure if that is considered it's activation action or not, but it is what I can think of offhand. Hope this helps!

Thanks kalor, I`m looking through some of those things at the moment. I had thought to start with things like solar panels and antennas that evas can activate, but so far each one seems to be using a unique module for their actions.

I`ll look into the link ability parts right away

Odd.. that should work just fine.. How many copies of ModuleManager do you have? (The answer should be 1). Try that same code on a different stock part, see if that works? I don't know otherwise, that code has worked perfectly for me in the past.

I have only one ModuleManager 2.2.0. I also tried IR on POD and then I wanted to take off but there should be no menu so not GRAB.

So with the 64bit fix from pg 164 everything seems great. However Jeb was orbiting the mun and decided to ditch some unwanted batteries and solar panels.. needed the weight gone to squeeze out a couple more m/s.. however when he grabbed the part his orbital velocity dropped to 0m/s and he begins to fall, and his ride speeds away on him, continuing on its' orbital path. Anyone else notice this? coincidentally he was able to regain an orbit on just his RCS alone, but just barely.

I can confirm, last fix from JeffersonFlight (on page 168, but version before too) seems to be little bit glitched when using Grab in places other than Kerbin/Kerbin orbit. Trying to grab any part on Minmus orbit results in explosion/crash/swinging Kerbal far away (works fine otherwise).

Any help? Some force value tuning? Or is it just floating point and precision issue? Problem obviously under x64.

I can confirm, last fix from JeffersonFlight (on page 168, but version before too) seems to be little bit glitched when using Grab in places other than Kerbin/Kerbin orbit. Trying to grab any part on Minmus orbit results in explosion/crash/swinging Kerbal far away (works fine otherwise).

Any help? Some force value tuning? Or is it just floating point and precision issue? Problem obviously under x64.

I will go to minmus and test now and will edit with results. Everything I have tested has worked fine though in kerbin orbit or on ground. I can open containers and take/store and attach anything I need to, I can also be in EVA and drop / attach in orbit without effecting anything.

x64 dll patch has not fixed. I repeat, has not fixed.

u are not helping any. if its not workign for u explain why and provide a error message if any. dont just troll the forums posting a 1 liner for no real reason

I will go to minmus and test now and will edit with results. Everything I have tested has worked fine though in kerbin orbit or on ground. I can open containers and take/store and attach anything I need to, I can also be in EVA and drop / attach in orbit without effecting anything.

I'll be happy to provide you with any additonal information you would need. Although, there is nothing unusual in logs, so can't really be more specific. I'll double check on Kerbin to exclude possible new mod incompatibility, but i really doubt it, it just looks like the violence of decoupling/grabing rises with distance from Kerbin.

Also didn't had any problems with containers, grabing, etc on Kerbin itself/orbit.

Little fact, it looks like when grabing some parts the part shows on Kerbal, gets back to ship, and hits Kerbal again. And Kerbal goes "poof", after the impact, sort of.

EDIT:

Yup, everything fine on launchpad while grabbing solar panels, and everything goes full kraken in Minmus orbit while grabbing same panels.

[Log]: [KAS] Grab - Grabbing part :solarPanels3

[Log]: [KAS] Detach Function Called

[Warning]: [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

Edited by koksny

I'll be happy to provide you with any additonal information you would need. Although, there is nothing unusual in logs, so can't really be more specific. I'll double check on Kerbin to exclude possible new mod incompatibility, but i really doubt it, it just looks like the violence of decoupling/grabing rises with distance from Kerbin.

Also didn't had any problems with containers, grabing, etc on Kerbin itself/orbit.

Little fact, it looks like when grabing some parts the part shows on Kerbal, gets back to ship, and hits Kerbal again. And Kerbal goes "poof", after the impact, sort of.

Wonderful to hear any further information would most definitely help, and thank you for leaving a detailed report on the bug. I'm currently testing above Minmus and its something with the velocity again, hopefully should have a fix out tonight.

Wonderful to hear any further information would most definitely help, and thank you for leaving a detailed report on the bug. I'm currently testing above Minmus and its something with the velocity again, hopefully should have a fix out tonight.

Really happy to hear it, you guys are doing what Squad should, fighting with bugs that shouldn't be there since last version in first place. Kudos to you.

Because circumstances will have me unable to update KAS in a timely manner, I am temporarily allowing the distribution of the KAS plugin modified for 0.24 compatibility purposes. Please do not distribute any models, textures or other art assets, and please do not distribute any part configuration files. If you'd like to balance part costs, please use a ModuleManager patch. This permission applies to the plugin only. (The KAS project has a number of contributors, and it's always a challenge to ensure all creators' rights are respected.) Please link to modifications in this thread and avoid third-party sites like Curse. (Something like Dropbox or Google Drive for hosting is fine.)

This exception shall expire as soon as I release an official update, so please bear that in mind. This is intended to allow volunteers to address compatibility issues for the players, not to otherwise grant distribution rights to the KAS plugin.

In order to fix grabbing Radial parachutes while on kerbin you must go into your KAS plugin Directory and open addModule.cfg and scroll to bottom and look in parachuteRadial and remove "physicJoint = true" and save the cfg.

In no way am I representing Majiir or is this an official patch. As always I would make a backup of KAS before installing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kaie9rnpio42r8/KAS_64bit_24_2.zip

Edited by JeffersonFlight

Here goes a fix for KAS grabbing wben orbiting other bodys, everything has worked so far but once again take with a grain of salt and reply back with any bugs and I'll do my best.

I am in no way representing Majiir or is this an official patch. Also I would backup your current KAS.dll before patching so you can rollback if you want to.

We should basically dedicate 0.24 to you and Sarbian for fixing 64bit physics, insane. Thank you so much, going to test it asap.

We should basically dedicate 0.24 to you and Sarbian for fixing 64bit physics, insane. Thank you so much, going to test it asap.

Heh I don't know about all that :P I look forward to seeing what happens. I was above Minmus testing and I was able to attach/deteach etc and everything was working without effecting the orbit.

Here goes a fix for KAS grabbing wben orbiting other bodys, everything has worked so far but once again take with a grain of salt and reply back with any bugs and I'll do my best.

I am in no way representing Majiir or is this an official patch. Also I would backup your current KAS.dll before patching so you can rollback if you want to.

Another one? Gonna DL and install it right now !