First time landing on the Mun manually in a very long time!

Evenger14

Guest Brody_Peffley
5qPWcJS.jpg

Yep.. Ya did good, Jeb.. Now to get all this science on back home. Wait... Why won't the engine restart...

LOL Jebs face is like "There something missing :D"

I'm no expert but I think your stage lock is on ;)

Also, this goes in mission reports.

My bad, thanks.

First: congrats! That is my mission tonight. No MJ, just me.

Second: I see a lot of things in that picture. The one thing I don't see is a engine. Didn't fall off?

I'm used to Mechjeb, I had to relearn how to manually launch and land. Before the new career mode I mostly made heavy lift rockets to build stations, using the KW pack. MechJeb made the many many launches less much better & more efficient, and to be honest I don't like flying/landing manually. I want to know if my creations can fly, I know that with me controlling them most of them fail.

As for the engine, no it was poor design. The engine stuck out just a tad and blew up, causing the craft to topple down the crater, I'm lucky I saved it at all.

LOL Jebs face is like "There something missing :D"

Sadly he ran out of food, water, and air only a couple days after the botched landing.. The craft sent the last radio signal only a few hours ago.. :(

Oh I'm right there with you Evenger14. It has been quite sometime since I did a manual landing. but, Behold!

screenshot21.png

Jeb is there, out of fuel (and I mean he burnt the last bit of fuel a few meters above the ground. The landing gear absorbed a bit of impact), darkside, no orbit, burn right in and plop! (that was not the plan at all.)

He has a itty bitty bit of power. Managed to get some SCIENCE off to Kerbin. No way home, but he seems happy. Hopefully I have enough points to get the next tier which I think has a can he can ride in.

Bill, you're up. :)

Edit: Crud, no two man can. Ok, time to improvise. Jeb must come home.

Edited by BostLabs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.