Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Haha...that's gold. Is that the infernal robotics mod?

My Jeb just got on board the rescue craft on Laythe after a 3km hike. Somehow he got stranded on a ridge that was near impossible to land on without tipping over. So I made him hike to a more suitable landing zone.

My Jebediah had quite a strong service record, being the first into orbit, first to EVA in space, first to circle the Mun, however his luck ran out when we tried to launch a space station, as a single mass, it came down with a bang, I'm sure he fought magnificently at the controls, keeping his head cool while all around him were losing theirs... literally. Some of the labs survived however Jeb's module did not. There are many a kerbal who owe that fella a drink in the afterlife.

Bob however has a more mysterious fate, after a failed Mun landing, may have been caused by landing on a steep sided crater, Bob was left in a command module detached from the rest of this ship, with only a comm unit and 11 days supply of food, water and oxygen. He was however abandoned up there for 3 weeks while we advanced technology to build a more reliable ship to rescue him, after a few hours trip back to Kerbin, I may have forgotten about his incoming flight and his ship was not listed at the tracking station when I checked later.

His kerbalnaut report describes him as 'mission in action', maybe he crashed head first into Kerbin, burnt up in the atmosphere or maybe he felt disrespected by the KSC, unceremoniously left, and is now living it up in some tropical paradise regaling locals and tourists at a Tiki bar about how he was the first kerbal on the Mun. It is a mystery.

Edited by Meritania

Similar to the op, he's stuck in an orbit above moon with Bill, Bob, and Buzz (all the right people) after a lunar landing.

Same here - Jeb had over-finessed the landing, burning up too much fuel for a safe (or any kind of) return.

Admittedly, mission control might have stressed the need to preserve the Mun's exact number of craters too often - especially the aspect of not adding another!

Similar to the op, he's stuck in an orbit above moon with Bill, Bob, and Buzz (all the right people) after a lunar landing.

Same here - Jeb had over-finessed the landing, burning up too much fuel for a safe (or any kind of) return.

Admittedly, mission control might have stressed the need to preserve the Mun's exact number of craters too often - especially the aspect of not adding another!

I started career mode a couple days ago and like many others my Jeb is also stuck at the Mun, after being the first Kerbal to walk on it. He has enough fuel to reach Mun orbit but not enough to get back home to Kerbin. He got too greedy exploring the various biomes on the Mun. We are currently working on a rescue operation to get him back. :)

cCYJLXF.png

EDIT: Rescue mission success!

buKgTaz.jpg

Edited by bptrav

Rescue was successful, but Jeb's next mission took him to Duna where a hard landing voided his ship's guarantee and left him stranded. He's found an old science rover that has been gathering Duna dust for years and is having fun rebuilding it into a dune buggy.

My Jeb has just returned from a test to see whether you can infinitely loop between the Mun and Minmus's SOIs. Unfortunately, after two goes around, there wasn't enough fuel to keep the experiment going and he returned home. But it was fun while it lasted.

Currently mine is on Kerbin awaiting the implementation of the snack lab. Once it is ready he will be part of the first crew to go to the space station (yet to be classified) to begin laying the ground work for crew transfers and snack making.

I leave Jebediah, Bill and Bob in a command pod a kilometer or so away from KSC because the obsession with Jeb got old REALLY quick. Plus they're prioritized for every launch while they're at base so it's annoying to constantly fight the game to keep them out of my ships.

I leave Jebediah, Bill and Bob in a command pod a kilometer or so away from KSC because the obsession with Jeb got old REALLY quick. Plus they're prioritized for every launch while they're at base so it's annoying to constantly fight the game to keep them out of my ships.

I always change crew before I launch. My current mission has James T. Kerman, I had to edit James Kermans name to make but I thought it was worth it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.