Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

So, early in a new career, Jeb is on his way home from a Munar orbit mission.

I don't have the aerobrake lined up yet so he's coming in high and hot.

My son distracts me somehow, I AFK without pausing thinking I'll be back in

a few minutes. It's more than a few minutes. While I'm gone, magic occurs,

I think a Minmus slingshot may have been involved, and Jeb ends up in an orbit

that's tangent to Kerbin on one side and pretty tangent to Duna on the other.

I slap together an unmanned rescue ship, burn it almost dry getting out there,

Jeb does a terrifying 100km spacewalk to get in, and with the last of its fuel

I bring the apoapsis down so I don't have to worry about a Duna crash. By 3:30

in the morning, I've gotten a second fuel-heavy monster of a rescue ship out to

him, he executes another spacewalk and then we orbit for several years waiting

for Kerbin to catch up with us. 'Kerbin encounter' is a beautiful pair of words. :)

So after that, I've decided he's retired - he'll fly planes when I get the parts for them,

and he can do CAPCOM duty for the new kids, but it's time for him to stay home

for a while.

Edited by jasonfahy

This just in from KNN news stations Jebediah has reached Duna and successfully landed. He was saddened to however that the planet had no Starbucks anywhere, he had thought they were everywhere. He has also taken a sample of the ground to conduct an unscientific test to see if it is actually made of cake.

og2m.png

Being the Munar pioneer in my current playthrough, he sits with Bob in a fancy Aluminum Hybrid powered rocket that is awkward to manouver somewhere in the midlands.

Before, he pulled off an atmospheric EVA stunt and managed to get back to the rocket during re-entry. And he jumped the Mun-1 lander to rendezvouz the Munlab and a Science Extractor lander going a couple of km through Munar space in his EVA suit at ridiculous speed. He's a tough one.

Jeb is retired after a long experienced spaceflight career. He was last seen driving dune buggy's in the hills near KSC.

mine's like that. He's driving an experimental rover, collecting science on a long tour of Kerbin, currently heading from KSP towards the mountains whenever I feel like driving a bit.

I renamed him with finnish name Jaakko and he is now on Mün with Urho. They are testing a new Moho lander and rover.

Jeb, Bill and Bob lost their orange suits when I renamed them. Is it possible to get orange suits back? I just changed names in file persistent.sfs. I thought that they can be bosses and white guys are workers and scientists.

I renamed him with finnish name Jaakko and he is now on Mün with Urho. They are testing a new Moho lander and rover.

Jeb, Bill and Bob lost their orange suits when I renamed them. Is it possible to get orange suits back? I just changed names in file persistent.sfs. I thought that they can be bosses and white guys are workers and scientists.

From what I remember, it's actually the names themselves that make them have orange suits, and as such, renaming them removes the suit. There might be a way of changing which names dictate this, but I haven't seen any personally.

Hi guys, I have a little game for you. We all know about Jebediah Kerman, his love of explosions, his always-happy attitude, but I have something I want to know, where is Jebediah Kerman in your savefile? Is he floating around in interplanetary space? is he crash-landed on Laythe? I want to know.

My Jebediah Kerman is currently floating around the Mun in an eccentric inclined orbit, yet to be rescued. We haven't researched Hitchhiker Storage Containers so he will have to wait for either us to learn some science or for his oxygen to run out.

http://imgur.com/Cvl2mad

Except for the inclined orbit, that's exactly where my Jeb is! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.