Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Dead. He was one of the first kerbals to make it into space aboard the Kerpollo 1 rocket. Unfortunately, the engineers forgot to change the location of the parachute from the unmanned experimental rockets (used the same design) prior to take off, so after re entry, his command pod ate the side of a mountain... along with bill and bob. They will be missed. On a good note, the rest of the spacecraft that survived re entry with the parachute is ok.

My Jebediah Kerman died while in atmospheric descent over Duna. The lander had two radial drogues and two radial normal chutes attached above it, and four radial normal chutes attached below the pod. When the two normal radials above the pod deployed, they ripped everything, including the drogues and docking port, off. Then, due to no drogues, my lander tore itself to pieces upon main chute deployment. Jeb, Bill and Bob hit Duna with 250 m/s.

After trying to go for an altitude record in career mode with the LV-2 rocket, Jeb found himself on an escape trajectory. He then tried to push his capsule back into his parabolic trajectory via EVA, but he became bored, so he just went alone. He then, realizing he would not survive re-entry without a capsule (or parachute) brought himself into an eliptical orbit, the first Kerbal-made object to orbit Kerbin.

A rendezvous mission was soon sent out to rescue him, LV-3 would have originally been the first kerbal-made object to orbit Kerbin, but it was quickly refit to hold a second capsule, and hold slightly more fuel for rendezvous. Bob piloted the mission instead of Bill, as Bob knew more orbital mechanics than Bill. The rendezvous mission failed, and Jeb remains on the elliptical orbit, thinking about the old days on Kearth when they all launched together on huge, crazy, uncontrolable rockets.

LV-4 was originally planned to be a Mun flyby, but saving Jebidiah is currently top priority. Other space programs' help has been requested.

Edited by GregroxMun

Aboard my space station, with only highly explosive fuel for company...

My jeb has gone through some great things, he went solo to the mun and back, and solo to minmus and back. Now he is spending his "vacation" doing research aboard the KSS Redemption. I'm planning to send some real supplies up along with a friend soon, but for now he is eating oxidiser.

After several sub-orbital, then a few orbital, followed by several missions to Mun and Minmum with highly questionable safety planning, my Jebediah is kicking back watching the 'engineers' sort out safely and reliably transiting to Duna and back.

I assume he has been laughing at the feeble attempts of the 'landers' to get their orbits correct, as so far the only lander to reach the surface failed to make it to orbit with enough fuel for the return trip, and no one had even figured out how to make some kind of a docking port so more fuel could be sent to it on a later mission.

Well, funny you should ask. As of today he, Bill and Bob are in a highly inclined, highly elliptical orbit around Kerbin following their return from Duna. Turns out they arrived slightly off-course and about 250 m/s short on dV. They have (according to Kerbal Engineer) 28 m/s dV left in the tanks. I'll send of a rescue tanker at some point tomorrow. :)

My Jeb, or rather a clone since the original died in a fiery crash a long time ago, is currently stranded on the Mun for the third time as his lander once again didn't have enough fuel to lift both him and the science equipment back to Kerbin. He's been there for about a two and a half years now since I haven't bothered to send a rescue mission in between my Jool mission, my Eve mission, my second Jool mission, my second Eve mission, and a quick jaunt to the Mun and back by Bill (His ship had enough fuel to come back!).

He died trying to land on Minimus. Named a landing site after him. ;.; Yet he got better and was in the flight roster once again! He now is plioting a 1st gen test aircraft, For Science! (smiling all the way!) :cool:

He's starting to suffer from a combination of cabin fever, space madness and road rage. Jeb is currently stuck in a rover together with Bob on one of poles of Duna.

I drove him out there from the lander/ascender on the equator to take a surface sample from the north pole. Then I got bored of driving and started building a space station over Kerbin and an unmanned probe mothership to do remote science on Eve and Ike. (don't kick the baby!)

He'll have to wait for that stuff to finish before i'm sending a ship to pick him and Bob up again.

They are perfectly capable of getting back on their own, but i just can't be arsed to drive that rover all the way back again.

Edited by Knobby

His craft disassembled itself over Laythe but the capsule splashed down intact. Engineers have no idea how to return him so plans are to send a Hitchhiker Habitation module on floats as a constant supply of snacks.

He's lounging in the crew hab at my minmus mining base while his vessel is refueled.

Since the heady early days of the space program he's taken a back seat. First kerbonaut on minmus, the mun and duna; he now spends his time shuttling crews round the kerbin, eve, duna triangle in the Phaeton class ssto-spaceplane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.