Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Jeb is sitting alone on Duna after he underestimated on how much fuel you need for landing stage. Good news is that explosion of the return stage softened the impact and Command Pod touched the ground un-damaged, bad news is that Command Pod is only equipped with a parachute and thermometer, neither which help getting back to Kerbin. Rescue mission is already on the way, Bill is coming to get his buddy with additional seat bolted on the side of Command Pod Mk1.

My jeb is sitting in LKO in a fake Eve Lander; they sent him up there to get him out of the way and are still telling him the transfer window is weeks away. (They considered sending him anyway, but realized they'd forgotten to install an antenna.)

Bill, in the meantime, is currently 18 days away from Eve's SOI and will be landing on Gilly and will detach an unmanned probe to land on Eve. He ain't no fool.

My Jeb found out that it would be a good idea to reenact the scene from the old film "Mission to Duna" where the one dude is stranded for ages, waiting for a rescue op.

He's happy there, in his makeshift base, slowly wasting away for science...

My Jeb?

Currently stationed on a small two container base almost directly below the artifact there, along with Bob and Bill.

They also somehow wrecked the transfer ship that was supposed to bring them home-I'll fling a supply ship their way some time soon.

My Jeb is on a rescue vessel... being rescued. :P

I stranded him on Moho with Bill after I used way more fuel than anticipated. I landed them safely but there was no way I could get them back to orbit.

So I sent a rescue vessel that landed about 2km away from their lander, made them walk/EVA to the new ship and waited for a transfer window for Kerbin to take off again. But it appears I'm about 500m/s short of delta/v now...

So now I'm trying to figure out if I'd rather send them fuel or try to get them to Eve to be picked up by another ship.

After ending in a highly weird moon encounter, he was slingshotted around the mun towards an aerobrake with kerbin. Due to the unfortunate placement of a mountain range, he was spread across kerbin at significant orbital velocities. It's how he'd have liked to go.

Jeb is sitting alone on Duna after he underestimated on how much fuel you need for landing stage. Good news is that explosion of the return stage softened the impact and Command Pod touched the ground un-damaged, bad news is that Command Pod is only equipped with a parachute and thermometer, neither which help getting back to Kerbin. Rescue mission is already on the way, Bill is coming to get his buddy with additional seat bolted on the side of Command Pod Mk1.

Follow-up: Bill crashed the first rescue craft when he tried to test this cool concept called "aerobraking" and got it horribly wrong, but fortunately Bob was up to the task and after re-building the rocket, he managed to land within 400m of Jeb's crash-site. After a short jog, Jeb is happily on-board and the pair is currently orbiting Duna, only 99 days until they can start the return trip back to Kerbin and we'll be able to get some good data on space-suit durability during the atmospheric re-entry.

ve07.png

Jeb is in orbit around the Mun. I don't mean in a spaceship. I mean just him, in orbit around the Mun. Turned out the ship he landed in didn't have quite enough fuel to make it back to orbit. But it was really close, so he hopped out and used his suit's RCS to get himself into orbit. Typical Jeb.

He's been there for a couple of years game time due to several interplanetary missions undertaken since he got there. Seems fine. Someday he'll get rescued.

He has so far:

-Completed the Space Program's first flight

-Gotten himself stranded in an inclined orbit around Kerbin (Thankfully almost circular)

-Received the Space Program's first rescue mission as a present (It must be his birthday!)

-Immediately received orders to get back in the pod for the first Solar mission

-Came back from Solar orbit a year (How long is a Kerbin year?) later.

-Immediately got back in the pod, but this time a three-man one with Bill and Bob.

IIRC he is still in LKO testing a CSM which is destined eventually for the Mun. Too lazy to check right now :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.