Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

Mine is confidently waiting for me to learn how to dock so I can finish my by explorer vessel and dock a Lander to it so he can be the first kerbonaut (along with bill and god knows who else) to get to the min and possibly minmus

Jeb, Bill and Bob are currently sitting on Duna with insufficient fuel to get back into orbit and rendezvous with the mothership, which is irrelevant anyway because it does not have enough fuel to get back to Kerbin. So they will all have to sit there until I am competent enough at this game to design, build and fly a rescue mission. And as I probably will land miles and miles from them I will have to learn about rovers too. So much to learn in this game!

Jeb? He's on Kerbin. The last ship he was on blew up as it was performing a Mun transfer, so I had to rescue him as well as Bill, Bob, and Lengas from orbit. The other three crew involved escaped the accident with the lander that was docked. All 7 crew are currently grounded pending an investigation into the rapid unplanned disassembly of one of the largest and most expensive interplanetary cruisers ever built, a ship surpassed only by the recently commissioned MSV Constellation.

My Jeb WAS in my space station, but when i went to replace them with new crew, he vanished.

T0snIT3.png

He later appeared in a rover i was testing.

This here is proof Jeb is either magic, or got dared by bill and bob to jump out the space station, de orbit, and run all the way back to KSC.

He is now on the Mun at my WIP base

tvBlEdh.png

He's at the Astronaut Complex(alongside the rest of the astronauts). I'm just not sure if he's impatiently awaiting for a next mission, because before I forced him to he had to stay crammed in a Mk1 Command Pod at the Mun for two entire Munar days(which are very long, by the way). But my next Minmus base will have more room, so he'll likely be happier if he's hired.

My Bill, Bob and Jeb are currently in orbit around Moho.

I planned to bring them home earlier but on arrival I realized I had enough fuel to land but not to get back into orbit, let alone get back home. Now that they took possession of a larger booster they safely visited the surface and are awaiting a window to return home.

Edit: They're home again. :D

Edited by Tex_NL

Erm... here's his story.

He was launched into LKO on a research station, with a detachable capsule that had 2 sepratrons intended for a deorbit burn. The station had it's own engine and plenty of fuel, and was intended to be put into a nice, high orbit or potentially do some plane changes. Jeb (being the crazy type) was too impatient for John Kitzgerald Kennedy to make his speech about going to the Mun, and, without any authorization, went straight for a Mun encounter, from LKO, with a space station. He got the periapse down to 5km above the surface, and happily made science along the way. Then, out of fuel, found himself en route to a solar orbit after some attempted return maneuvers. So, thinking quickly, he ditched the station in the return pod, pushed the FIRE button on the retrorockets, and found himself a few moments later still on an escape trajectory, albeit very close to a high orbit. He then used the classic Manley Kerman maneuver of pushing against the capsule, which worked well at first, but after a thruster misfired, he was spinning with just 5% fuel, going away from the ship, and in an attempt to reorient himself, became stranded. He was, however, in a stable high orbit above his home planet, and is sitting there, waiting for rescue.

Currently sitting in the middle of the southern Ice Cap, after the prototype aircraft he was flying disintegrated at a low altitude. Of course, it only crashed after he pressed the button to "Fire Up The Quattro", or, as the engineers describe it, Deploy the parachutes attached to the rover slung underneath, without actually detaching the rover first...

Of course, stranded on Mün after the first ever Moon crash... eeh ... beautifully controlled landing with lithobraking and extra bounciness. He's got power and comms to Kerbin, so he's just uploading his totally rad landing vid to YouKube, while browsing Keddit (ETA on the upload: 2y 11m 23d 11h 12m) .

A rescue mission ("Jeb's Taxi I") has been staged, after MULTIPLE simulated failures (seriously, who would have thought all those rad HUGE engines Jeb so selflessly unlocked by postponing his vid upload until AFTER all of the science uploads were done, would be so hard to actually get into space? All this "less is more" seems so un-kerbal-like, somehow). Also, stowaways always trying to fill up Jeb's seat. I'm looking at you, Bill! The rescue vessel seems to lack lights, and Jeb's landing location is not ideal and currently covered by darkness, so we'll be a while.

New file, new Jeb. After a rather disastrous encounter with the Mun caused by a retracting ladder somehow robbing him of all lateral velocity, Jeb decided it was time to get away for a while. He's currently the head of the large-scale Duna expedition. He and 3 of his buddies are off to pay Ike a visit after having spent about 2 full Earth days on Duna's surface at their base. Bill and Bob are staying at the base, and the other two Kerbals on the mission are going to hang out in the mothership station instead of going all the way out to Ike with Jeb.

He died of lack of oxygen doing what he loved. He was on the way to be the first kerbal on the Mun. Decided to leave capsule for a bit of science. He loved space so much he didn´t want to enter capsule again and ended i solar orbit (he kept flying of the ladder and i tried to board again. Spaceship was horisontal with door downwards).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.