[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

You know, I haven't found what I was looking for.

A MASSIVE, LOOOONNNGGGG Zeppelin balloon. Like the Hindenburg. (I know this can probably be done with some extra ridgid ballons, but there is no cone cap or tail cap to make it look like a zeppline, and its also too flat.

Nice work getting it all updated though.

and great work with that drone.

You know, I haven't found what I was looking for.

A MASSIVE, LOOOONNNGGGG Zeppelin balloon. Like the Hindenburg. (I know this can probably be done with some extra ridgid ballons, but there is no cone cap or tail cap to make it look like a zeppline, and its also too flat.

Nice work getting it all updated though.

and great work with that drone.

So if i understand you, you would like a BIG version of the drone? Like at a 5m or 7.5m scale?

Dunno if like insanity or love the insanity... =D

Will yield a base volume of 4860m3. About 75% of the lift of a Sirrus. However I plan to go on and double that math so it will be about 1.5x the lifting volume. Will give QUITE the kick!

EDIT: To clear up the math I am taking a sphere and sticking half on each end of the main cylinder to add volume and make it look better.

Volume for this is = (PI()*(7.5^2)*20)+((4/3)+PI()*(7.5^3))

Edited by JewelShisen
added math and SCIENCE!!!

Will yield a base volume of 4860m3. About 75% of the lift of a Sirrus. However I plan to go on and double that math so it will be about 1.5x the lifting volume. Will give QUITE the kick!

EDIT: To clear up the math I am taking a sphere and sticking half on each end of the main cylinder to add volume and make it look better.

Volume for this is = (PI()*(7.5^2)*20)+((4/3)+PI()*(7.5^3))

You're trying to melt my computer by giving us these toys! BTW, that little probe airship I made a while back is epic to drop on Jool. Had to include a generator for it, but it was awesome.

You're trying to melt my computer by giving us these toys! BTW, that little probe airship I made a while back is epic to drop on Jool. Had to include a generator for it, but it was awesome.

Just filling a niche. Of course that niche could be called 'Is this an airship envelope or a spent battery from the Death Star?'

oVToYkT.jpg

Behold! The DEATH STAR class airship envelope! At 5m wide and 25m long this is the LARGEST airship part to date and has a record breaking 9819.6 lifting volume, a full 1.5 TIMES the Cirrus! This part has NO nodes so you must radial attach it (but really would you WANT that monster in a stack?).

Dropbox (Requires HL Airship plugin of course): https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kqe9d9yivusrox/HL%20DSClass.zip

Is what Modular?

The death star - he asks whether it is made up of small segments, I believe. But since it isn't stack attachable, it can't be extended. By the way, you should make a stack attachable version without the endcaps.

The death star - he asks whether it is made up of small segments, I believe. But since it isn't stack attachable, it can't be extended. By the way, you should make a stack attachable version without the endcaps.

It is not. It is all one piece to increase structural strength.

Plans do exist to make a larger version (10m x 40m) of it as well as a stack version that will be half the length (10m) of the main cylinder and have about 75% of the lift of the Cirrus.

To elaborate on the Poll options:

The new feature would be either kOS support or I'll try and add a new auto balance feature.

The other option is one that I would would need your input for. So if you pick it then please either post your desire or PM it to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.