Relevant data POLE

HafCoJoe

Opinion of Science  

1. 1. Opinion of Science

• Yes its fine! Leave the Science as a generic point value for all branches.
    • Science should be relevant to specific groups of pieces and gained for doing similar challenges.
    • There should be different options for type of tree. generic data, relevent data..ect...

*I've seen posts disagreeing with science as well but I haven't seen a pole.

I strongly agree with everyone who says KSP career is the worst of grinding and would like to see development in branches relevant to what types of flight you are doing.

If I fly a plane 10 kilometers across the ocean, I would like to get more advanced lift or control. If I fly in high atmosphere, I want better efficiency.

more times you get in orbit, the more probe pieces unlocked.

If I travel to another planet, I'd like better survivability and likewise...

NOT GETTING JETS FOR GOING TO AN ATMOSPHERE-LESS MOON!

I think many of you agree with me and possibly there should be 2 options for career tree planning - one with generic science and one with relevance to flights?

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Didn't justify my repeat pole

The science points are fine as they are.

However while I'm fine with the tech tree as it is... pretty much... There are several different arrangements I think could be tried that may be better.

Like multiple trees for instance ... an Atmosphere tree, Ground tree, Science tree, Rocket tree... Don't have any interdependence between the trees... if you need to have the same part in multiple places on the trees that's fine. This lets people put the points into the area of focus they like the most and get the parts that they need to make that area work.

i think they are fine the way they are; the development of powered flight was mostly about improvements in metallurgy and machining, powered looms helped the development of computers. developments in one area often help things in completely different areas.

generic Science! points are easy to deal with, and it helps keep the open feel of the game (i don't have to fly planes to research planes, so i can do what i want and still move up the tech tree).

if you need to have the same part in multiple places on the trees that's fine. This lets people put the points into the area of focus they like the most and get the parts that they need to make that area work.

That's what I mean lol. I phrased it badly I think

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.