[Modifying part] New Sounds- KW Compatible!

The Destroyer

This mod, thanks to Nothke, adds new sounds to all liquid-fueled engines, and KW liquid/solid too!
Important note:
This is not JUST for KW rocketry, as it modifys the stock (squad) engine sound, including the jet engine:

DOWNLOAD:
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/sounds-for-your-game/

You may: Use this in your games, make reviews, and such.
You may not: Claim this addon as your own.

Future plans:
-Better sounds
-More sounds
-More mod compatiblity
Enjoy folks!
:kiss:

Woot! 100 downloads! Edited by The Destroyer

Am I the only one who thinks the jet engines sound little to nothing like an F/A-18? There should be a more pronounced "whine" to them.

I think that would just make them annoying to listen to.

gonna be honest, i love the sound of the srbs, but not the standard liquid fuel, they seem rather weak now! is there any chance you tell me which files to delete? i only need the srb sounds :) *EDIT never mind, found it :) *EDIT 2 by the way, where did you get those clouds from on the first video? :)

Edited by jokamo

Am I the only one who thinks the jet engines sound little to nothing like an F/A-18? There should be a more pronounced "whine" to them.

I took it from FSX, and that's the sound of the afterburner, IIRC.

gonna be honest, i love the sound of the srbs, but not the standard liquid fuel, they seem rather weak now! is there any chance you tell me which files to delete? i only need the srb sounds :) *EDIT never mind, found it :) *EDIT 2 by the way, where did you get those clouds from on the first video? :)

I know, I'm working on a better sound.

Clouds are from here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52159-PLUGIN-ALPHA-6-City-Lights-and-Clouds-on-Kerbin-Others

Question regarding broader compatibility - and concerning overwriting original files/reverting:

Could this be done with ModuleManager instead?

You would only need your new sound files and a .cfg containing an entry for every engine you want to change

Seems 1. easier than to built the whole file structure and add every part.cfg file for each engine, 2. to be less invasive, because easily removed, 3. accessible for other users that want to add a modded engine not yet supported.

But maybe I am doing it all wrong, never tried this myself.

FYI, you can use ModuleManager to edit the cfg files. The audio still has to be in the right folders :rolleyes: but you wouldn't need to overwrite any cfgs anymore.

Ex:

@PART[solidBooster1-1]
{
!sound_rocket_hard = DELETE
sound_srb = running
}

Might be a bit easier to manage if they're all in one file.

The wiki says

"KSP also has a Sounds folder on its main directory. This folder contains sounds that are available to every part in the Parts folder. To use a sound from the Sounds folder, you must include the file extension in the sound name (e.g., sound_vent_medium.wav = activate)"

So, put new sounds into Squads sound folder and then use MM to change the line in the part.cfg ... ?

Edited by KerbMav

0.20 broke that method of sound addition.

No, that's not true. Check out the RCS Sound Effects mod. That's what I'm using to add my own RCS sound effects to KSP.

On edit: Oops. My bad. He's not just using ModuleManager but wrote a small plugin as well. It's pretty basic though.

Edited by lincourtl

will you consider Nova? please

Nova? Oh Novapunch! It's already on the to-do list

Question regarding broader compatibility - and concerning overwriting original files/reverting:

Could this be done with ModuleManager instead?

You would only need your new sound files and a .cfg containing an entry for every engine you want to change

Seems 1. easier than to built the whole file structure and add every part.cfg file for each engine, 2. to be less invasive, because easily removed, 3. accessible for other users that want to add a modded engine not yet supported.

But maybe I am doing it all wrong, never tried this myself.

The wiki says

"KSP also has a Sounds folder on its main directory. This folder contains sounds that are available to every part in the Parts folder. To use a sound from the Sounds folder, you must include the file extension in the sound name (e.g., sound_vent_medium.wav = activate)"

So, put new sounds into Squads sound folder and then use MM to change the line in the part.cfg ... ?

If possbile I will try.

what folder am i supposed to copy to my gamedata folder? the files inside the gamedata folder? so many folders in the zip and whatever I try i get no new sounds.

Merge the gamedata folder inside the zip with your gamedata folder- it will automatically merge with the rest of the folders.

Freakin awesome. Mods are REALLY starting to branch out I love it. Great work sir you got my download, but there was one thing I noticed..

CLOOOOUDS. What is this black magic? I have Universe Replacer, but the cloud texture I tried only pops in at 80+km. I nearly shat when I saw that sunset.

Edited by Motokid600