[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Is it possible to use the RPM settings of the capsule with other capsules such as the default mk1 pod? What would I have to do? Would it be a matter of copying the .cfg's?

Edit: Tried it myself and it works splendid in the Mk1 pod.

Edited by Andy81le

Bit Fiddler, what mods are you using, I don't recognize half the icons in your toolbars.

Hard to say they change so often. I run mod my game till it dies, then delete some stuff and start modding again. I am always at 3.5GB of RAM. so I have to delete all the time. but I find so many cool mods to play with I have to try them all.

If there was a specific icon or part in the screen shots I could direct you to the mod however.

And here is the "final" version of my latest ALCOR. This is a single stage MP fuel only lander. Since it is single stage the entire lander ascends and docks with the service module for return to Kerbin. The service module is then deorbited, while the entire lander then lands on Kerbin. This lander is really the heart of the entire operation, as it is the only part on this entire round trip to have crew capacity. It is the cockpit for the entire mission, from launch to splash. The lifter and the service module are just fuel tanks and engines to move this thing around. It is designed for Mun/Minimus missions and has TAC-LS rating of around 60KD (Kerbal Days). Depending on the configuration of the "Universal Storage" bays, it can sustain a 3 Kerbal crew for about 20 days. I can configure the Universal Storage bays for a wide variety of missions however the fuel and TAC-LS requirements make this impractical for anything outside of Kerbin's system.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Hard to say they change so often. I run mod my game till it dies, then delete some stuff and start modding again. I am always at 3.5GB of RAM. so I have to delete all the time. but I find so many cool mods to play with I have to try them all.

If there was a specific icon or part in the screen shots I could direct you to the mod however.

And here is the "final" version of my latest ALCOR. This is a single stage MP fuel only lander. Since it is single stage the entire lander ascends and docks with the service module for return to Kerbin. The service module is then deorbited, while the entire lander then lands on Kerbin. This lander is really the heart of the entire operation, as it is the only part on this entire round trip to have crew capacity. It is the cockpit for the entire mission, from launch to splash. The lifter and the service module are just fuel tanks and engines to move this thing around. It is designed for Mun/Minimus missions and has TAC-LS rating of around 60KD (Kerbal Days). Depending on the configuration of the "Universal Storage" bays, it can sustain a 3 Kerbal crew for about 20 days. I can configure the Universal Storage bays for a wide variety of missions however the fuel and TAC-LS requirements make this impractical for anything outside of Kerbin's system.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75023494/screenshot1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75023494/screenshot2.png

Hey Bit fiddler you seem to like running a very mod heavy install. I have a modified version of 1.0.2 x64 in Win 7. Using a community hack where WWEdeadman shows you how to barrow a couple files from unity 4.6.4 so you can modify KSP to run in 64bit mode. I'm running at 6.5gb of physical memory and another 6-7gb of virtual memory and I have yet to witness a crash. (running .90 the same way I would crash every 15-20 minutes) The mod list is sitting around 25+ and growing.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

Alex sorry if I cluttered your thread with off topic stuff. Just trying to help

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75023494/screenshot1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75023494/screenshot2.png

That lander looks pretty slick! I recognize a few of your toolbar's icons, ut not the person-thing on the far left, the "IBA", and the clock-in-a-gear. What are they from?

(Also, OpenGL may be your friend to allow more mods.)

I have tried Open GL but for some reason my KSP does not like it. But DX11 did help on memory quite a bit.

As for the 64 bit hack... so many mods disable themselves in 64 bit, and some of these mods I really like. So I have not tried the 64 bit hack. However this does bring up a point I have been wondering about. Does the Linux 64bit version have this issue? all these mods that disable themselves in 64bit mode... Do they disable themselves in Linux 64bit as well?

As to the icons. The Blue cross on the left is the "Keep Fit" mod. makes you keep your crews healthy. the IBA is "Intake Build Aid" to help you get your air intakes and engines to play nice. the clock in the gear is "Kerbal Construction Time" it makes it so you do not just pop your vehicles out as fast as you design them. it adds an element of taking the time to build them. it also adds time spent on research so research does not just pop out as fast as you can drive around KSC and do all the science stuff. and lastly it adds an idea of recovering stages/debris is more important.

Basically I only load sandbox mode to be used as a "Drafting table" I can design freely and play with ideas. but my entire game is run in Career mode so I have many mods installed to make the career mode more interesting / difficult. Remote Tech, Construction Time, Keep Fit, Kabin Kraziness, TAC life support, FAR, Connected Living, etc. Basically if it add an element of "realism" I probably use it. Not to say that it is realistic, but just that they add some new dimension that if it was real you would have to deal with. anything I can find to make the career mode more interesting.

As for the 64 bit hack... so many mods disable themselves in 64 bit, and some of these mods I really like. So I have not tried the 64 bit hack. However this does bring up a point I have been wondering about. Does the Linux 64bit version have this issue? all these mods that disable themselves in 64bit mode... Do they disable themselves in Linux 64bit as well?

Mods that disable themselves for 64-bit versions of KSP only do so under Windows - Linux 64-bit is exempt.

Mods that disable themselves for 64-bit versions of KSP only do so under Windows - Linux 64-bit is exempt.

Thanks. as soon as I get my new laptop I plan to install a Linux distro on it so I can play KSP 64 in Linux. I hope it will solve my MOD hungry problems.

This mod is awesome and it seems to be the only one properly using RPM features. I know this may be annoying, but since nobody has done anything comparable to this capsule, would you consider making a cockpit-ish alternative, where the pilot faces the main direction of ship movement? I know there are cockpits with RPM iva's, but nothing that compares to ALCOR. Thanks.

Love this capsule, it's been a staple of my games since I found it last summer :)

However, with the latest release, it's not able to find my MechJeb install. I have the MechJeb2 folder in the root folder of GameData, where it's always been, but the MechJeb RPM screens say MJ isn't installed. So far I've chalked this up to issues with MJ in the latest KSP release (lots of things still not working right in it). Curious if anyone has had similar results.

Love this capsule, it's been a staple of my games since I found it last summer :)

However, with the latest release, it's not able to find my MechJeb install. I have the MechJeb2 folder in the root folder of GameData, where it's always been, but the MechJeb RPM screens say MJ isn't installed. So far I've chalked this up to issues with MJ in the latest KSP release (lots of things still not working right in it). Curious if anyone has had similar results.

works fine for me. Silly question but.. did you put the actual mechjeb controller on the ship? I would forget to do that occasionally and feel dumb, eventually I just threw in the mechjeb and engineer for all mod.

Update RPM, RPM 0.19.4 for MechJeb 2.5.1

Great work on that lander, quickly became my standard can due to the nice IVA capabilities.

Minor issue with heat, it appears that it does start cooking in sunlight while in space.

Two-stage lander I've been building, running on monopropellant only, landing legs and empty tanks for descend stage are discarded prior to ascend:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=448057569

I really, really would love to get my hands on the landing legs from the pictures in the first post :D

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Thanks to

Alexustas for making ALCOR

MOARdV for keeping Raster Prop Monitor updated and integrating new features.

and NavyFish for Docking Port Alignment Indicator

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.

Nice video. While in docking phase - the docking camera info is totally enough for the maneuver, so DPAI is just for those who use it.

Nice video. While in docking phase - the docking camera info is totally enough for the maneuver, so DPAI is just for those who use it.

You are entirely correct. I've always been stuck on DPAI, because It's what I used when I taught myself how to dock. And NavyFish has been very good about improving it (like adding RPM) and keeping it up-to-date.

I have a bug and i cannot understand why it happens. Maybe you can help me.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/538523742001470134/ABFA89BA67E8570984DFFFC968476D9669DA963B/

It looks like you're using an improperly-configured Active Texture Management, which is compressing the elements making up the RPM screens.

Try setting up a separate installation of the game with only stock parts, ALCOR and its dependence, but no ATM. See if that helps.

Is there any chance those landing legs would be released early I know people would love them

Ok! :)

After numerous requests, I redid a bit UV-mapping for using only one small texture. and now I can publish this item separately from the whole "Konquest" pack

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vabmot7cw7jbr/ASET_LandingLegs.zip?dl=0

OzvHuE0h.png

6DPPhJih.png

Edited by alexustas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.