[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

So are the buttons on the right side of the capsule (the ones that say kill rot etc.) set to do something in the future or am I missing something?

yes. it's a placeholder for support direct input for MJ Smart A.S.S. in the future

Did you improve the capsule hitbox? Cause now I can make the rover I wanted to do for a long time. The only drawback (If I can say) is that the IVA is so nice I'm distracted and my rolltest finished accidentally in the see at 23m/s and I was surprised to see that most of the rover survived... except de capsule :sticktongue: anyway This is definitivly my rover command pod too. :cool:

o7pn.png

n7e9.png

l145.png

yes. it's a placeholder for support direct input for MJ Smart A.S.S. in the future

Thanks, that will be really cool, also can i make a suggestion? a button at the right of the capsule that would be "circ at AP" (circularise at apoapsis) this could make mechjeb circularise at apoapsis without having to use the menu, just one button :P

Did you improve the capsule hitbox? Cause now I can make the rover I wanted to do for a long time. The only drawback (If I can say) is that the IVA is so nice I'm distracted and my rolltest finished accidentally in the see at 23m/s and I was surprised to see that most of the rover survived... except de capsule :sticktongue: anyway This is definitivly my rover command pod too. :cool:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/585/o7pn.png

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/198/n7e9.png

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/812/l145.png

24tr.jpg

Nice! If I could make a suggestion, it would be to have the ascent stage engine hidden inside the descent stage.

Of course I will try to make the entire set compact and (visually) structurally sound.

Hrm... can you do a custom landing gear to give a wider stance? The stock gear leaves that looking a little top heavy...

I thought of making custom landing legs, but the information about setting up the new landing legs in Unity is lacking.

Did you improve the capsule hitbox? Cause now I can make the rover I wanted to do for a long time.

Yes, I changed the colliders a little.

Thanks, that will be really cool, also can i make a suggestion? a button at the right of the capsule that would be "circ at AP" (circularise at apoapsis) this could make mechjeb circularise at apoapsis without having to use the menu, just one button :P

I do not approve (at least, not since recently) of fully automatic procedures such as these. You have “execute next node†and that, I believe, is sufficient. In any case, this request is best addressed to Mihara, not me, I do not program them.

Will there be some kind of a manual for the IVA (like pdf with 2-4 pages of expanation which button does what and so on)? Honestly I feel lost every time I use ALCOR :)

As soon as the cockpit layout is actually finalized, I’ll do that.

Also Alexustas are you going to release that habitat module

I actually started modding specifically to make those habitat modules, but it turned out to be much more complex than I anticipated. :) I needed to:

* Learn to make the modules themselves, i.e. the models, the IVAs and props.

* Learn how to do the colony infrastructure. (Energy, life support, communications, lighting)

* Devise a delivery and assembly system (Skycranes, rovers)

All of that required much more KSP modding experience than I had, and ALCOR and prior projects, as well as possibly later projects, are essentially training before the big final mission. :)

I do not approve (at least, not since recently) of fully automatic procedures such as these. You have “execute next node†and that, I believe, is sufficient. In any case, this request is best addressed to Mihara, not me, I do not program them.

Ok, I just use it for my incredibly loooooooooooooong burns with my electric engines (circularising at jool with engines that produce 2KN of thrust takes a looooong time XD)

I've tried a few times lately to design another lander using stock parts, but I just can't stay away from using the ALCOR lander pod. Simply magnificent!

AntJIRA.png

n8ojP6l.png

am i the only one that seems to have a problem with the ALCOR capsule in that the hatch doesn't work? I mean really the IVA is incredible but i found this out after i perfected a Munar tug and landed at the neil armstrong memorial. Still an awesome pod but it was a very bad surprise :(

am i the only one that seems to have a problem with the ALCOR capsule in that the hatch doesn't work? I mean really the IVA is incredible but i found this out after i perfected a Munar tug and landed at the neil armstrong memorial. Still an awesome pod but it was a very bad surprise :(

You have ver. 0.7 the new 1 ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.