[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

im trying to install rss 7.4 but having problems. at first it seems like the classic underground bug but i followed all the past comments and the faq. my memory is fine, the installation was business as usual, i had the right version for 0.24 ksp.

another thing: are the resized textures, i added separately, exactly the same as vanilla ksp?

Untitled_zpsd0vhw8fc.png

Edited by praise the suuun

im trying to install rss 7.4 but having problems. at first it seems like the classic underground bug but i followed all the past comments and the faq. my memory is fine, the installation was business as usual, i had the right version for 0.24 ksp.

another thing: are the resized textures, i added separately, exactly the same as vanilla ksp?

No, they're 'Solar System' textures. (RSS doesn't stand for Real Simple Syndication after all :P)

What size did you go with?

Also, see those red lines of text? You need to find your output_log.txt file (or player.log if Linux or Mac) and put that somewhere we can download it then give us the link.

If you're not sure how to do that see the link below:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

Is there any way to add more planets? The neptune mod doesn't work anymore.

I tried the new planet factory with an old PF RSS config that I think was for .23 but it definitely did not work. I've yet to figure out any way to complete the solar system.

Is there any way to add more planets? The neptune mod doesn't work anymore.

I can't get the extra planets mod to work either. It shows that the objects are there when loading the Planets at the start of the game, but skips over the added ones. One fix I did was reworked the RSS config and borrowed a couple moons and used the values given from the extra planets RSS config to have the moons act as Neptune and Titania, which works. So basically you have 16 bodies to work with and because we only need 9 for planets, you can use the other 7 bodies to represent whatever you want. However you'll have to sacrifice a moon/satellite to get these results. Thus, you can have all the planets this way, however Neptune is meant to use Minmus's body as a base, and the moons/satellites I chose made Neptune look awful, so I just decided not to use it. I'm not sure if it's possible to use Minmus for both Uranus and Neptune's base PQS (not sure if that's the correct term, still getting used to how RSS works and how KSP constructs things), in which case it would work great.

Otherwise, I ask the community is there a fix to the extra planets mod not working?

praise the suuun: you will need an old texture pack, the DDS texture packs won't work in a version of RSS that old.

i dont know if i could update but dam im running out of time to finalize my save.

when i saw the pictures of the latest RVE mod i knew i had to have it for my project. if you dont have those old textures anymore ill understand but it sure would be awesome.

I have a small annoyance, when the game loads in the menu and RSS finishes editing the bodies, the song in the background restarts. Can it be fixed easily? :P
At a guess, I'd say this has something to do with disabling the menu during body loading and it may not be so easy to fix.

That is Working As Designed.

For some reason I was unable to get the audio to *pause* during RSS loading; the best I could do for an audio cue that RSS finished is to restart the song. This is because RSS loading can take some time (time in which we read books or alt-tab or...) and we need some cue to tell us it's done.

Forgive me if not reading through 500 pages, (search resulted nothing) IS it possible to create an actual visible atmosphere on a body that doesn't had one before, or is this AtmosphereFromGround just affecting the ones that already have one??

I run .90 KSP.

Does this RSS need to be installed prior to installing 6.4x? - because it seems to me it indicates that it is a complete standalone install. Secondly KSP gives me a warning that RSS is incompatible with KSP and it simply loads up with it not working. I've tried with the RSS installed and without RSS installed and both methods result in the same error, incompatible warning and KSP simply loads up without 6.4x running. I've also tried running just RSS alone and it does the same, simply does not load up. I've followed the instructions as indicated and the texture files as well in their place.

can anyone shed some light on this? thank you.

I dont know if this is normal or a bug, but it seems, the ground is now pure death for my planes.

every time I try to land out side of KSC, my plane goes throu the ground and is instantly vaporized....no matter how soft I land...(try a less then -1/ms super soft landing at 180 MPH)

can some one please help me?

I run .90 KSP.

Does this RSS need to be installed prior to installing 6.4x? - because it seems to me it indicates that it is a complete standalone install. Secondly KSP gives me a warning that RSS is incompatible with KSP and it simply loads up with it not working. I've tried with the RSS installed and without RSS installed and both methods result in the same error, incompatible warning and KSP simply loads up without 6.4x running. I've also tried running just RSS alone and it does the same, simply does not load up. I've followed the instructions as indicated and the texture files as well in their place.

can anyone shed some light on this? thank you.

RSS needs to be installed before 6.4x does. Once RSS is up, you need to remove the .obj files from the PluginData folder within the RSS folder, and then install 6.4x. You also don't need the RSS textures with 6.4x, since it uses the stock textures. I don't think having them will cause issues, but they'll waste RAM if they are there. First time you load, it'll generate those .obj files (which will take a long time, maybe 20 minutes). The OP of the 6.4x thread hasn't been updated with new install instructions, sorry.

If you're installing 64K, then the install is different, so refer to that thread for install instructions.

Edited by Raptor831
Added texture sentence

RSS needs to be installed before 6.4x does. Once RSS is up, you need to remove the .obj files from the PluginData folder within the RSS folder, and then install 6.4x. You also don't need the RSS textures with 6.4x, since it uses the stock textures. I don't think having them will cause issues, but they'll waste RAM if they are there. First time you load, it'll generate those .obj files (which will take a long time, maybe 20 minutes). The OP of the 6.4x thread hasn't been updated with new install instructions, sorry.

If you're installing 64K, then the install is different, so refer to that thread for install instructions.

Thank you. I will try that.

EDIT: couldn't get it to work... it just loads as if RSS or 6.4x weren't even there.

EDIT 2: Got it to work by deleting the cache file! thank you very much !

Edited by philbo
Brain Failure

Tidus Klein: alas that's a longstanding bug (dates back to, oh, .24 at least) with RSS-scale planets. Something gets wonky in terrain collision between 6.4x and RSS-scale. I think it's that the wheels never quite register an 'on the ground' state, instead going directly between 'above ground' and 'intersecting terrain', due to float precesion issues.

SkyRex94: not with RSS as it stands, you'd need to write code to instantiate an AtmosphereFromGround object etc.

Hey guys, I've encountered a problem with RSS and RO through CKAN. I only see black at daytime in the sky, how do I fix this, and is there any way of making the planet/moon names the real ones?

Have you tried to accelerate the time. You need to advance time for about 15 hours in order to see daytime on a new career.

There is no way, as of today, to change the planet's name. And it's not that much of a problem. If you know your planets and moons, who cares?

Acomplished my first moon landing today. The ground textures were...disapointing. I couldn't see how near/far the ground was, until the ship was like 20meters above the surface.

fL3sBDn.pngUYKfNJO.png13VLepg.png

EDIT : Never mind, it was a problem with EVE and RSS RVE

Edited by pozine

Hi!

Sorry if this has already been answered (I know a few pages back it was alluded to but there was no solution) but I can't really take-off and certainly not land anything that is plane like. The faster I go the more I seem to sink into the terrain until I explode! (Jeb would be proud)

I know (but can't find) there was a mod for fixing the bouncy water, Are there any mods for fixing the imprecise terrain too? It really sucks and I'm quite scared of taking contacts on other planets that require me to land if this happens on Kerbin, I don't want to travel all the way to another planet and end up with a bad case of the explosions!

Thanks for the help!

Hi!

Sorry if this has already been answered (I know a few pages back it was alluded to but there was no solution) but I can't really take-off and certainly not land anything that is plane like. The faster I go the more I seem to sink into the terrain until I explode! (Jeb would be proud)

I know (but can't find) there was a mod for fixing the bouncy water, Are there any mods for fixing the imprecise terrain too? It really sucks and I'm quite scared of taking contacts on other planets that require me to land if this happens on Kerbin, I don't want to travel all the way to another planet and end up with a bad case of the explosions!

Thanks for the help!

Land slower maybe?

For the bouncy water fix, it is on the first page of this thread.

Be aware that if you land on Io (closest moon of jupiter), the terrain collision mesh seems higher than the texture mesh. So you will explode before touching the ground.

Edited by pozine