[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Time Control does all that and more.

A handy little tool. Thanks.

Has there been any progress on implementing a real axial tilt method into the game? The pseudo tilting mechanism used in the current version of RSS works well for Earth, but it messes up the realism of other planets, such as Jupiter, which has almost not tilt at all.

Hey, so I'm completely new to this whole mod business (as well as this game), but I think I did as instructed. I removed the // before BodyName in my .cfg to get the real planet names and it works, but I think there's a bug causing it to say "Europa" when I point the mouse at a certain point on the Sun. The Sun seems to still be called the Sun when I click to focus on it, and since I can't find Europa around Jupiter, it kind of seems that the game just took it and placed in in orbit extremely close to the Sun.

Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/ePcg3vS.jpg

Anybody know?

Thanx in advance

Edit: I also seem to not being able to recover vehicles now, anybody know how to fix that?

Edited by Slam

shult12: Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Slam: The reason (as I think I mention in the file and elsewhere) why those start disabled: because it causes bugs. I'm not surprised it's doing that, although I'm not familiar with why the first bug is occurring (the second, presumably, because the recovery code will only let you recover when the bodyname of the body you're landed on is "Kerbin")

Perhaps this is just precision issues scaled up, but I don't get any predictions about intercept points when setting targets with the "Sun" as the origin. It works fine when going places from "Earth", but then I'm on mine own. Is it simply necessary to use another tool or mod to track interceptions when using RSS?

I've found that NearFutureSolar creates problems with loading the RSS solar system. I removed mods until the problem was fixed and I noticed that this mod has a DLL file that seems to conflict with RSS. It loads the default Kerbin and doesn't show the space center upon loading a new game. output_log will come in a few minutes, I just need to load up KSP again. :)

ltJwIpW.png

Edit: Well, I put the NearFutureSolar folder back into my RSS install and it seems to have loaded properly this time, don't know what happened. I'll post the log file anyways. Oh, and if you see something about the game crashing, it's because I tried to Alt+Tab while leaving the space center screen on the way to the main menu screen. I got impatient, haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l726k98roeupyty/output_log.txt

Edited by Woopert

Those also look like the same errors I was getting with Final Frontier installed.

I've been running final frontier for months and have never seen this. I really think that the ultimate source of issues for many people is EVE and at this point I would highly recommend not using it until all of the compatibility issues have been solved.

I've been running final frontier for months and have never seen this. I really think that the ultimate source of issues for many people is EVE and at this point I would highly recommend not using it until all of the compatibility issues have been solved.

I should clarify: Final Frontier works for me with EVE in stock and without EVE in RSS, but not with EVE and RSS simultaneously. No idea why this is, as I'm well under the RAM limit in all those different setups.

Final Frontier is buggy and spams NREs like mad. Although apparently it's being updated again finally?

A lot of the EVE errors are due to ATM's configs not being updated for EVE Overhaul, which rbray is fixing.

Anyway: as to the errors. Always check the stack trace.. I fail to see how Final Frontier spewing NREs has anything to do with EVE. NRE is a type of exception that *any* mod can throw; all it means is you tried to do something with a variable that wasn't assigned to a valid object previously (i.e. Object foo = GetMyFoo(); foo.Bar(); // but GetMyFoo() failed and returned null, so foo is null.

What I do see:

Darken Sky (from Distant Objects) is NREing.

ModStats is failing to load a bunch of assemblies because they were compiled to the wrong .NET framework version (people need to learn to not use the default: KSP wants 3.5).

I don't see *anything* EVE-related.

Edited by NathanKell

I don't see *anything* EVE-related.

Could easily be a different problem. I can only add my own personal data point: FF with Eve fails on my RSS install. If I remove FF, it loads fine.

...its from PM but looks like you does not receive messeges...

Nathan, last month i draw beautifull maps of CB of our Solar System... all off them are 8192*4096px. Some things i allready made (screenshots: https://yadi.sk/d/qqojhIW5WEzMy)

At this moment it use 4600mb RAM =) i use 64bit KSP... optimization will be later.

I'm trying to make all stuff more reallistic and cool. Textures, normalmaps, hegtmaps, surface colormaping, PQS relief, atmocolor etc...

NASA have really cool maps of planets but the unusefull without long&hard photoshop work)

Is it possible to work together? Im a graphic designer and know everything we need to make a Really Real Solar System. But i have a big trubles whith mmm... PQS and other ingame engine functions... im not a coder, reading your source code helps a lot, but i cant add my stuff.

So i will be really glad to help you make a mod of my dream for game of my dream =)

What do you think?

PS its hard to talk whith 12 hour difference... how i can cath you online (icq, mirc etc)?

Final Frontier is buggy and spams NREs like mad. Although apparently it's being updated again finally?

A major source of FF's NREs is from trying to retrieve flight data and/or celestialBody data before it even gets to the main menu. Harmless but distracting when trying to find real problems.

Dimonnomid: I did receive the message; I generally save replying to lengthy PMs for the evening, but, err, sometimes I fall asleep. :]

I'll get back to you ASAP.

jrandom: nope, scaled space models have nothing to do with PQS subdivisions. You're fine leaving them as they are.

Starwaster: Also a performance hog: disk writes are *expensive* when done each tick.

...its from PM but looks like you does not receive messeges...

Nathan, last month i draw beautifull maps of CB of our Solar System... all off them are 8192*4096px. Some things i allready made (screenshots: https://yadi.sk/d/qqojhIW5WEzMy)

At this moment it use 4600mb RAM =) i use 64bit KSP... optimization will be later.

I'm trying to make all stuff more reallistic and cool. Textures, normalmaps, hegtmaps, surface colormaping, PQS relief, atmocolor etc...

NASA have really cool maps of planets but the unusefull without long&hard photoshop work)

Is it possible to work together? Im a graphic designer and know everything we need to make a Really Real Solar System. But i have a big trubles whith mmm... PQS and other ingame engine functions... im not a coder, reading your source code helps a lot, but i cant add my stuff.

So i will be really glad to help you make a mod of my dream for game of my dream =)

What do you think?

PS its hard to talk whith 12 hour difference... how i can cath you online (icq, mirc etc)?

Those are way better than mine....

Let me know if I can help you at all. I'm much more of a mapper than a graphic designer, so, while I've been able to get pretty good elevation maps going, the color maps are a pain. I have quite a few from NASA and other sources that are mostly good, but have some huge areas of low resolution that I've been trying to hand edit into looking good, but I'm guessing you'd have a lot better luck than me.

Edited by SpacedInvader