[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Mhm, can anybody explain to me why the real solar system doesn't load properly, when I launch the game directly without launcher?

I use "F:\Spiele\KSP\KSP.exe -popupwindow" to start my game (link on the desktop) in order to avoid the launcher. I know, I could just set the flag in the settings to avoid the launcher, but I sometimes want to read the news and use the updater.

If I start the game via launcher, it loads the RSS as intended. Anybody else get this?

I never had an issue before with this method.

The "popupwindow" makes it a frameless window.

jrandom: I posted an issue about that on the EVE repo. Hopefully rbray comments soon.

Yurkass: There are no textures installed. RSS requires a texturepack, as the OP states (in bold and in caps too ;) ). Please follow the directions in the OP to download and install one.

Thanks, but I do already have the texture pack. I'm not sure but I think module manager has something to do with it (?) as whenever I remove ModuleManager 2.6.5 from game data it loads, but without textures.

Thanks. Can anyone create RSS with Kerbol sizes and distances? I'd like to play with stock parts.
You can use KOSMOS or BobCat engines, ions from RLA and/or NearFuture, and Proceduralparts - crafts will be better overall and You'll be able to play RSS too. Kerbal-sized is for weak :-D

Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but whenever I start the game with RSS 10.0 the loading screen doesn't move from this:

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/ad2d961ba073f06f1fae9e3b1f6e9bd4.png

I had exactly that problem and it was an easy fix. Can't exactly remember what it was, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible though.

On a side note: I'm getting MUCH better performance with the Kopernicus version of RSS. The previous version I susually only got around 45fps at the launchpad(even with just 1 part) which dropped drasticaly as part numbers grew, not using V-Sync. Now it's a stable 60(frames limited). I haven't tested more than 30 parts yet. Will do as soon as my exams are over.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

First of all, congratulations for this new release, it works great for me.

The only issue I found, is that the engines explodes for overheating just in the launchpad, when you try to touch the throttle control. I had to disable the heating of KSP...

First of all, congratulations for this new release, it works great for me.

The only issue I found, is that the engines explodes for overheating just in the launchpad, when you try to touch the throttle control. I had to disable the heating of KSP...

huh. i had some issues with parts heating up on launch, too, maybe it's because they are partially in the ground? did you use launch clamps? maybe that works. and maybe the log might help.

I had exactly that problem and it was an easy fix. Can't exactly remember what it was, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible though.

I have the same problem :( so thanks in advance for solution ;)

Hi all,

and thanks NathanKell and all the other contributors for this awesomeness!

Yet, a bit of a heretic question arises: Is it possible to have a stock sized version of the RSS? I love the aesthetics and the 'feel' -without the challenges- of real planetes and loath the prospect of not being able to use my favorite stockalike part packs anymore...

And how would I go about if I would want to create a configuration akin to the aforementioned?

Thank you for your time,

Regards

Edit:

I just saw that the question was asked a few times in the past...so it is not quite so heretic as previously thought...

Edited by E.Nygma

caipi: Set the "start in" location of the shortcut to your KSP folder. Sounds like the "current directory" is being kept at the desktop.

That didn't help and it was already the correct path/directory.

But starting it with administrator privileges solved the issue - just in case anybody else encounters the issue.

You can use KOSMOS or BobCat engines, ions from RLA and/or NearFuture, and Proceduralparts - crafts will be better overall and You'll be able to play RSS too. Kerbal-sized is for weak :-D

This was not the question. The question was if someone is creating the 1/10 rescale (the one on the first page doesn't work anymore). I think there are a lot of people who would want that, who don't want the kind of domino effect where everything else in the game needs to be modded too. Stock scale would also improve the ground detail on planetary landings, which is currently not designed for such huge planets.

I am personally trying to learn the game from scratch, and I like it. But there are many things not working right for me now (deltaV and clouds is one thing). At least I would like to have an alternative, if RSS scale does not work for me. I would do it myself, but currently lack the knowledge ..