[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Can you post the log with the error?

CONTRACT_GROUP [baseMaintenance]

CONTRACT_TYPE [baseCrewRotation]

REQUIREMENT [CompleteContract]

[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: ContractType: 'CrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

The good news is this is now the only red item I have. I have latest version of both MM and CC

CONTRACT_GROUP [baseMaintenance]

CONTRACT_TYPE [baseCrewRotation]

REQUIREMENT [CompleteContract]

[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: ContractType: 'CrewRotation' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

The good news is this is now the only red item I have. I have latest version of both MM and CC

I'll need to see the full log - that error just means that the CrewRotation contact didn't get loaded, but I have no idea why from that snippet.

is this it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3-stuGaWnPQlktRUw3MXhqQlE/view?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry this is output.log I have sent - its rather big as my game crashes about every 30 mins due to out of memory (standard) - not sure you can see what you need here - let me know if you want me to do something else

is this it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3-stuGaWnPQlktRUw3MXhqQlE/view?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry this is output.log I have sent - its rather big as my game crashes about every 30 mins due to out of memory (standard) - not sure you can see what you need here - let me know if you want me to do something else

Everything looks fine from a Module Manager perspective, but you're on 0.2.1 of Base Construction and CosmoBro has released 0.2.2. Update that, and if there's still issues please follow up with a new log file on the Base Construction thread.

Everything looks fine from a Module Manager perspective, but you're on 0.2.1 of Base Construction and CosmoBro has released 0.2.2. Update that, and if there's still issues please follow up with a new log file on the Base Construction thread.

Ok - Updated and same error - reverting to other thread - thanks

Is there any way I can make a patch run before ":Final" patches but after everything else?

I don't think there's a specific pass that runs before :FINAL, but you could make your patch :FOR[zMyMod], which would make it run after almost everything else

Thanks for all you do with this plugin / mod, your other plugins / mods, and your level of involvement with the community. I should have said it a long time ago since I have 35,000 MM edits, more than half made by myself because I like to play the game, how I want (and like) to play the game. I'm one of those people that will take the time to do something like that because I get a great deal of satisfaction from what I'm working on. Though, there is one thing one my mind... With that many edits, that I made by myself,... damn, I need to get out more....

Science and Rocket Science are so much fun though! Especially if you turn the game into and Intermediate / Hard difficulty with the right mods (Plus the correct MM patches and changes!). Once again, wouldn't happen without your work!

I've been playing KSP with mods for more than a year-and-a-half and have never thought to say thanks even though this is the glue for many, many mods, plus all the edits I've done previously. I should have done that earlier. Without this, KSP modding would be quite a bit more difficult, so, once again, thanks for all you do! Keep being awesome, friend!

Edited by FiiZzioN

Hey guys, a little bit of help please.

I want to change to basic stuff about the new career stuff, specifically the attributes that each level for each building will have (want to tweak a little bit).

I've searched extensively but couldn't find anything about it at all. Neither kerbal levels too. Like some things are hidden.

Though I did find a SETI config changing a little bit kerbal level requiredments, so there is something there. And as always appreciating the awesome work done in MM, Thanks!

Hi everyone.

I'm stuck with the problem which I don't quite know how to solve.

It's about variables and string appending. How to mix regexps and variables?

Interesting cases (described in the sample code with comments):

// somewhere
PART{
name=SomePart1
MODULE{
name=SomeModule
someVar=1;2;3;4,5,6
someVar2=Text1;Text2;Text3;Text4,Text5,Text6
}
}
// elsewhere
PART{
name=SomePart2
MODULE{
name=SomeModule
someVar=1,2;3;4,5,6
someVar2=Text1,Text2;Text3;Text4,Text5,Text6
}
}

// In my config
@PART
[*]:HAS[SomeModule]
{
@MODULE[SomeModule]
{
// Get first part of semicolon-separated list of comma separated lists
myVar= #$someVar[0,;]$ // Or it indexes from 1?
// Sum fields from comma separated part of semicolon-separated list of lists
@myVar2 = #$myVar[0]$
@myVar2:HAS[#myVar[*,*]] += #$myVar[1]$
// How to do previous step(s) right?

@myVar2 ...= ... // some other simple math

// Append a string to texts
@someVar2 ^= :^.*$:$0;TextAdded: // Here, it's OK and clear

// Append calculated var
@someVar ^= #:^.*$:$0;$myVar2$: // But here comes a problem, it throws a parse error during Var replacement process.

// Try to append calculated var with yet another way
@someVar ^= :^.*$:$0;#$myVar2$: // This does the appending but not the value placement. Instead I get a string "#$myVar2$" here.

}
}

Anyone able to shed any light as to why this NRE keeps popping up during load and causing KSP to hang?

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

System.String.memcpy4 (System.Byte* dest, System.Byte* src, Int32 size)

System.String.CharCopy (System.Char* dest, System.Char* src, Int32 count)

System.String.Concat (System.String str0, System.String str1, System.String str2, System.String str3)

ConfigNode.WriteNodeString (System.IO.StreamWriter sw, System.String indent)

ConfigNode.WriteNodeString (System.IO.StreamWriter sw, System.String indent)

ConfigNode.WriteRootNode (System.IO.StreamWriter sw)

ConfigNode.WriteNode (System.IO.StreamWriter sw)

ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)

ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.CreateCache ()

ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()

I'm guessing judging by the last lines that it's related to Module Manager.

Hey guys, a little bit of help please.

I want to change to basic stuff about the new career stuff, specifically the attributes that each level for each building will have (want to tweak a little bit).

I've searched extensively but couldn't find anything about it at all. Neither kerbal levels too. Like some things are hidden.

Though I did find a SETI config changing a little bit kerbal level requiredments, so there is something there. And as always appreciating the awesome work done in MM, Thanks!

To change the buildings with MM, that stuff needs to be detailed by a config file. Check out Custom Barn Kit. It makes some of the career and building stuff accessible through config files.

KSP is sat on a game dedicated 500GB drive with at least 250GB of space left. There's no write protection on it and with the exception of task manager, nothing was open other than KSP.

If you are running Windows move your KSP install out of Program Files to a folder in the root of your drive.

To change the buildings with MM, that stuff needs to be detailed by a config file. Check out Custom Barn Kit. It makes some of the career and building stuff accessible through config files.

Thanks XD thats exactly what I was looking for.

edit:

Is there something similar to this but to edit kerbal experience and capabilities?

For some reason I can't get the scientist to get data from experiment and reset it, even though its supposed to work on level 0.

Edited by Gfurst

complynx :

- HAS is used to test the presence of something, not do the same op on multiple values. You can't do that ATM.

- vars are only handled on the right side of the =

- ":^.*$:$0;TextAdded: /" hu :( I see how my parser can be confused. Not sure how/if I can fix that

djnattyd : From the error I guess something is wrong with one of your config files. I ll change MM to no crash when this appends anyway.

Which is located in Program Files, no? This can cause problems because of how Windows applies privileges. So copy it out to a folder in the root of your drive and see if this solves your problem.

It isn't in Program Files no, it's on an external drive which is just for Steam.

djnattyd : From the error I guess something is wrong with one of your config files. I ll change MM to no crash when this appends anyway.

Think you're right Sarbian as the error was showing up first when Realplume was being read and now it's crashing when the config for the NavyFish Docking tool is read by MM.

The weird but is that neither of those two files have been altered in any way since they were installed and KSP worked fine up until two days ago.

That part of the code is called after all patch were processed. What is more likely is that you have an empty cfg file somewhere in GameData.

I'll see if I can add some log to detect those and make sure it will not crash and lock the loading.

Hey all. sarbian thank you very much for this mod.

Having an issue with how to properly use AFTER[]. Essentially, what I am trying to accomplish is a double after if that makes any sense. I tried searching for the answer and have read the handbook and still can't figure this out.

I have 2 mods, we'll call them Mod_Z and Mod_Y.

Here is what happens in the logs:

1. Mod_Y loads up.
  2. Mod_Z loads up.
  3. After Mod_Z loads up Mod_Y uses MM to change a part we will call Part_X, it does this by using "@PART[Part_X]:NEEDS[Mod_Z]:AFTER[Mod_Z]".

Now I also want to modify Part_X but one of the values I am editing is also edited by Mod_Y.

I've tried all of the following (by the way each one loads in the log file in the config section - my comments are limited to the [ModuleManger] part of the log):

@PART[Part_X]:NEEDS[Mod_Z]:AFTER[Mod_Z&Mod_Y] and @PART[Part_X]:NEEDS[Mod_Z]:AFTER[Mod_Z,Mod_Y]

--Nothing appears in the MM log section

@PART[Part_X]:NEEDS[Mod_Z]:AFTER[Mod_Z]:After[Mod_Y]

--After Mod_Y loads MM executes my changes, which do nothing because the module i am editing doesn't exist... it is created by Mod_Z which hasn't loaded yet.

@PART[Part_X]:NEEDS[Mod_Z]:After[Mod_Z]

--After Mod_Z loads MM executes my mod, but then executes the changes from Mod_Y, which overwrite my changes.

I don't have any issue with using & with NEEDS[] just with AFTER[].

I found a solution to my problem, which was simply to name my folder something later in the alphabet than Mod_Z (originally my folder was earlier in the alphabet). That said this may eventually be something I release at some point and I'm hoping for a more elegant solution. :) thx much.