[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

While both are derived from 'microengine'. The 2nd is copied "+PART[microEngine]" and then renamed "@name = ROAJ10-137".

So modifying the first would be @PART[microengine], while the 2nd is @PART[ROAJ10-137]. No need for any :HAS[...].

Remember to use :AFTER[RealismOverhaul]

For changing propellant usage you'd use the current propellant at the time of your patch, so :AFTER[RealismOverhaul], would imply using the resources that :FOR[RealismOverhaul] changed.

While both are derived from 'microengine'. The 2nd is copied "+PART[microEngine]" and then renamed "@name = ROAJ10-137".

So modifying the first would be @PART[microengine], while the 2nd is @PART[ROAJ10-137]. No need for any :HAS[...].

Remember to use :AFTER[RealismOverhaul]

For changing propellant usage you'd use the current propellant at the time of your patch, so :AFTER[RealismOverhaul], would imply using the resources that :FOR[RealismOverhaul] changed.

Thanks a bunch. Currently, there's no 'Add reputation' button on mobile, so it'll come once I'm home :)

Moving onto MKS modules, I want to implement a simplistic catch-all modifier for mass and cost. I've thought up for this:

@PART
[*]:HAS[#author[RoverDude], #category[Science]]
{
@entrycost *= 0.2
@cost *= 0.1
@mass *= 0.3
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[#author[RoverDude], #category[none]]
{
@entrycost *= 0.2
@cost *= 0.1
@mass *= 0.3
}

The objective here is to modify parts that belong to RoverDude, but are not engines.

Anything to comment on or have I missed something?

Edited by TruthQuark

As long as the author field is nothing but RoverDude, should work...might catch a few things you don't want. If there is any other way to get just the MKS you want I'd go that route. Not sure how many parts it really is, might just be better off listing them individually. Not sure. Don't use MKS

As long as the author field is nothing but RoverDude, should work...might catch a few things you don't want. If there is any other way to get just the MKS you want I'd go that route. Not sure how many parts it really is, might just be better off listing them individually. Not sure. Don't use MKS

If I understand correctly, the two HAS in brackets creates an X AND Y search, not an X OR Y, right?

, is AND in HAS, yes. Note, however, spaces are death. Don't use spaces.

Going back a bit, re: engines.

If someone bothered to copy over the default config into the ModuleEngines node (as RO patches used to do, but no longer bother with) that will work. Otherwise as Story says it's going to break things.

How do I make this thing stop corrupting my career saves? It keeps changing all the tech tree url's to "TechTreeUrl = GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree".

No such file exists, and even when it does exist this one annoying line breaks my saves. When ever I change it back to the squad tech tree it simply reverts my fix back to this broken state, it's now impossible to play career mode, and I didn't have this problem with 2.6.4.

I have a ModuleManager.Techtree now and it's still the same problem. Any saves with ModuleManager.techtree as the url will freeze in the VAB or SPH.
No logs => no way to know why you don't have a ModuleManager.TechTree => no help

How To Get Help

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

Edited by Starwaster

I have been trying to figure out something, but I cannot for the life of me.

I am making an anti-mass part mod.

I have successfully added my "Anti-Gravitons" new resource in the mod.

It works great, but only for parts that hold it...

I would love to have every part on my ship have an (invisible?) tank of it, with a capacity equal to the parts mass.

Secondly,

I'd love for my resource to 'decay'

I can mimic this in a part (a generator that outputs negative value on the resource), but with parts they can be damaged and ejected and thus the decay would end... which is why I was thinking of having this effect be part of a cfg or dll.

Please help =(

Thanks!

How do I use MM to edit part detail text? I'm doing research into the optimal radiator setups for the USI reactors with the NFE config, but I thought 'is there a way to edit the part description text via MM?' since otherwise, it'd have to be placed into the default reactors text.

How do I use MM to edit part detail text? I'm doing research into the optimal radiator setups for the USI reactors with the NFE config, but I thought 'is there a way to edit the part description text via MM?' since otherwise, it'd have to be placed into the default reactors text.

@PART[MyAwesomePart]
{
@description = some text
}

@PART[MyAwesomePart]
{
@description = some text
}

@PART[partnamehere] 
{
@description = put new part description here e.g. optimal radiator setup is XYZ
}

You can add on the desired text to the current text if you want, RP-0 does it, check that for the syntax.

Okay, thanks. :)

Edit: What is RP-0?

Edited by smjjames

Okay, thanks. :)

Edit: What is RP-0?

RP-0 is Realistic Progression Zero, a career mode addon for Realism Overhaul.

More to the point, the way to add a sentence to the description is as follows:

@PART[partName]
{
@description ^= :$: Additional description here.:
}

Mind that your new sentence doesn't have any colons in it (or if it does, then use a different symbol for the patch, e.g. "-$- Additional description here.-"), and keep that space at the beginning so it doesn't get squeezed against the last period of the old description.

Can someone give me a little boost?

I am looking for a way to have MM add a very small resource tank to every part on my assembled ship.

Its capacity is equal to the parts mass.

and that's 'empty' mass, for fuel tanks.

Any pointers?

You can't operate on parts just on an assembled ship (you would need a plugin for that). MM will affect every instance of a part in the game.

You can't operate on parts just on an assembled ship (you would need a plugin for that). MM will affect every instance of a part in the game.

On the other hand, you could just add a resource tank to every part in the game.

I'm not sure how to do that, but I'm sure others can help with that.

LGG

RP-0 is Realistic Progression Zero, a career mode addon for Realism Overhaul.

More to the point, the way to add a sentence to the description is as follows:

@PART[partName]
{
@description ^= :$: Additional description here.:
}

Mind that your new sentence doesn't have any colons in it (or if it does, then use a different symbol for the patch, e.g. "-$- Additional description here.-"), and keep that space at the beginning so it doesn't get squeezed against the last period of the old description.

Wait a second... you can use other symbols in that thing? We really need a manual for this thing...

Can someone tell me why this isn't working?

// Adds life support to NFT Mk3 pod

@PART[mk3-9pod]:FINAL
{
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 1.097
maxAmount = 1.097
@amount *= 2
@maxAmount *= 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 0.725
maxAmount = 0.725
@amount *= 2
@maxAmount *= 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 111.038
maxAmount = 111.038
@amount *= 2
@maxAmount *= 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 95.913
@maxAmount *= 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0.1
@maxAmount *= 2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0.924
@maxAmount *= 2
}
}

Can someone tell me why this isn't working?

I can't see anything syntactically wrong (though obviously there must be something wrong) however I'm wondering why you're setting the maxAmount, and then multiplying it by 2? Why not just set it to the multiplied by 2 amount?

If I had to guess, I'd say that's the problem. Maybe ModuleManager doesn't expect you to reference the same variable twice.