[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I wonder if using the base dir name as default FOR[x] would be a good idea.

It could be a good idea except that just assuming an implicit :FOR[] is not enough, you'd also have to schedule a parsing pass based on the base directory name regardless of whether it already has one scheduled for its dll. (which dll.... first one found or all?)

I see some inconsistent behavior possible if modders through negligence write some of their configs using :FOR and some with :FOR omitted. It will make it difficult for a third party to know for sure whether their desired configs for mod X are actually going to happen :BEFORE/:AFTER mod X's :FOR pass since it necessarily would have to have 2 or more.

What I'm really starting to wonder is if it's really such a good idea to use the presence of any of a mod's DLLs to schedule parsing passes at all? Shouldn't it only use the base directory for that mod?

That would (should) do more to ensure consistent behavior.

I just released 2.0.5 which contain the bug fix from 2.0.4 and log messages when it find a patch line it can't process :

"[ModuleManager] Skipping a patch with unbalanced square brackets or a space (replace them with a '?')"

It's the new official version. Get it if you use a previous 2.x or wait for your mods to switch to 2.x.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-ModuleManager-4/ModuleManager.2.0.5.dll

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-ModuleManager-4/ModuleManager-2.0.5.zip

Edited by sarbian

I just released 2.0.5 which contain the bug fix from 2.0.4 and log messages when it find a patch line it can't process :

"[ModuleManager] Skipping a patch with unbalanced square brackets or a space (replace them with a '?')"

It's the new official version. Get it if you use a previous 2.x or wait for your mods to switch to 2.x.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-ModuleManager-4/ModuleManager.2.0.5.dll

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-ModuleManager-4/ModuleManager.2.0.5.zip

Your Zip link is bad just a FYI Grab the dll its good.

Hey, I am trying to give all the unmanned command pods Remote Tech module but I can't seem to get the locator correct.

Here is what I have:

@PART[*]:HAS[ @MODULE[ModuleCommand] : HAS[ #minimumCrew[0] ] ,!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final

Is this right, if not how am I to do it?

Hey, I am trying to give all the unmanned command pods Remote Tech module but I can't seem to get the locator correct.

Here is what I have:

@PART[*]:HAS[ @MODULE[ModuleCommand] : HAS[ #minimumCrew[0] ] ,!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final

Is this right, if not how am I to do it?

I been using thing 1 for the past 4 MM

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[1]]]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

IsRTCommandStation = true

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive

TechRequired = unmannedTech

OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER

{

PacketInterval = 0.3

PacketSize = 2

PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

Have seen in 2.05 1 of my cfg dont work for removing MAXQ :confused: It give's all in command the pod's , Probes

And looks like you have spacing you don't need and think you deleted the module with !module

Yes, spacing bad.

the other thing no. where he has !MODULE[ModuleSPU], that's a conditional that tests for the absence of ModuleSPU

Thanks so 2.05 is picker lol and thanks NathanKell , I miss that.

Here's a tip that will ensure that you NEVER have mismatched {}, (), [] or whatever.

Every time you place a {, immediately place the } then move your cursor in between and start putting whatever code is going to go there. (programming tip really but it works for writing configs.

So.....

MODULE
{

then I immediately type the }

MODULE
{
}

cursor up a few lines, hit enter and press tab then start typing. (indentation is important. Makes your stuff easier to read, especially for others.. Always hit the tab when needed)

MODULE
{
// typed some stuffs. This is a comment line. Indentation makes for easier to read code/configs
}

Edited by Starwaster

*chuckles* You know, I've been doing that the whole time without even realizing until you pointed it out Starwaster? Guess old coding habits die hard ;) (I still mess up on occasion when cut&pasting other code though :P But brackets and braces are one of the "always check before restarting KSP" bits for me too)

I just released 2.0.6. It's a non mandatory update that adds info (and errors) on the loading screen (and the log of course)

DLL : ModuleManager.2.0.6.dll

Zip : ModuleManager-2.0.6.zip

I request the option to reduce the quantity of logged messages, to restrict them to actual failure errors. easiest way would be via config file.

Since upgrading to 2.0.6 the font size and layout of the GUI in the CLS mod has changed! How did you managed that! I will tkae a look at your code to see if I can work out how they are influencing each other....

It affects the font size in the VAB tooltips too, for example the parts tabs.

Before (with Module Manager 2.0.5): https://flic.kr/p/nrj1J5

After (with Module Manager 2.0.6): https://flic.kr/p/npehww

Note the label positioning is thrown off too, I had the cursor pointed right at the utility tab in both cases.

Edited by cantab