[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I think MM's backup generator is acting too aggressively in certain situations. Whenever both needsSave and needsBackup are set to true it will go through every .sfs file in the save folder and overwrite the original while generating a new backup.

Even if the originals are placed in a new backup folder it can be more than a little disconcerting to find that all of your quicksaves and backups have been replaced with an identical .sfs file.

For the backups - you're right really. Had intended on removing this behaviour at some stage.

Quicksaves are a bit more debatable - if you don't fix the quicksave then if you reload it and it's not fixed, then there's potential for broken ships.

The fixer won't destroy information, it will only fix things that are broken.

Fair enough Sarbian, stuff happens.

In the mean time I've been through and added all the changed from the first MM config to the part configs manually. No change. Not surprising considering that part was already working. It's just the second config that's supposed to be multiplying the resource amounts, that isn't working.

I want to add the the reflection plugin on all the parts for the spaceplaneplus mod. Right now the only way i know how to do it is to go into every part cfg and add the module for the reflection plugin right there, but that doesn't "feel" like the smartest way to solve this problem. Is there a way to reduce the workload and create a cfg in wich i easily add the reflection plugin to all the Spaceplaneplus parts?

I want to add the the reflection plugin on all the parts for the spaceplaneplus mod. Right now the only way i know how to do it is to go into every part cfg and add the module for the reflection plugin right there, but that doesn't "feel" like the smartest way to solve this problem. Is there a way to reduce the workload and create a cfg in wich i easily add the reflection plugin to all the Spaceplaneplus parts?

See the latest post in the Reflection Shader thread. Someone was kind enough to hand you a silver platter with a solution on it.

I tried a couple more things today. I tried making different Nodes use the :FINAL tag, but they all caused an exception to be thrown as well. Then I tried using :BEFORE, on the off-chance I might get a different result, but I didn't. So I'm still having the same problem.

Yess! I finally figured it out!!! It was all KSP MOD Admin V1.4.0's fault. Somewhere along the line it deleted the ModuleManager.2.1.4.dll and replaced it with the v1.5 DLL from one of the mods. I put the up-to date DLL back and it's working like it was.

As the final straw, I'm getting rid of KSP Mod Admin. It's an awesome idea, but so far for me it's been more trouble than it's worth.

See the latest post in the Reflection Shader thread. Someone was kind enough to hand you a silver platter with a solution on it.

I wholeheartedly appreciate the effort that person took to make that cfg, but I think for the future, I'd like to make a feature request, if I may. Similar to the NEEDS, FOR and all that, how about a WITHIN, to apply changes to all parts inside a certain Gamedata subdirectory. MM can already detect them (for FOR, NEEDS, and AFTER).. how big of a coding leap is it to implement this idea?

I'm planning on making everything unspecified default as if it were FOR whatever subdir they're defined, rather default to the first pass. This makes BEFORE and AFTER much more useful.

WITHIN isn't too bad an idea really, but it does all take time and effort :)

I want to give Mechjeb to all parts that have modulecommand with a minimum crew of 0... so basically all probe cores. I want to make sure I have this right before I load it up and potentially break something.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand] :HAS[@minimumCrew[0],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:Final

{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings {stuff

}

}

}

have I done it right?

I want to give Mechjeb to all parts that have modulecommand with a minimum crew of 0... so basically all probe cores. I want to make sure I have this right before I load it up and potentially break something.

have I done it right?

Depends on what... 'stuff' is.

Also, using !MODULE[MechJebCore] as a conditional makes %MODULE[MechJebCore] superfluous.

Your conditional is set up to preclude any possibility of ever finding a PartModule named MechJebCore to edit. Also, if you do use % for something, make sure everything inside that node also uses it instead of @

And, finally, you might want to stick a :NEEDS[MechJeb2] in there with the rest of your conditionals. (I don't since I have no installs that lack MJ2 so would be pointless)

and finally finally, this is what I use. Still works fine. (I suspect this is what the 'stuff' in your config was for but just in case wanted to provide you with something that is known to work)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor
{
unlockTechs = flightControl
}
MechJebModuleSmartASS
{
}
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner
{
unlockTechs = advFlightControl
}
MechJebModuleNodeEditor
{
}
MechJebModuleTranslatron
{
}
MechJebModuleWarpHelper
{
}
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment
{
}
MechJebModuleThrustWindow
{
}
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow
{
}
MechJebModuleRoverWindow
{
unlockTechs = fieldScience
}
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance
{
unlockTechs = unmannedTech
}
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance
{
}
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance
{
}
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance
{
unlockTechs = advUnmanned
}
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow
{
}
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance
{
}
}
}
}

Hmm. Doesn't work. Here's what I have:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand] :HAS[#minimumCrew[0],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
{
}
MechJebModuleSmartASS
{
}
{
}
MechJebModuleNodeEditor
{
}
MechJebModuleTranslatron
{
}
MechJebModuleWarpHelper
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
MechJebModuleRoverWindow
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
}
}
}

I'm not sure how else to go about putting MechJeb on JUST the probe cores without naming them specifically, which I'd prefer not to do so I don't need to add new code for any mods I install.

Hmm. Doesn't work. Here's what I have:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand] :HAS[#minimumCrew[0],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
{
}
MechJebModuleSmartASS
{
}
{
}
MechJebModuleNodeEditor
{
}
MechJebModuleTranslatron
{
}
MechJebModuleWarpHelper
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
MechJebModuleRoverWindow
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
{
}
}
}
}

I'm not sure how else to go about putting MechJeb on JUST the probe cores without naming them specifically, which I'd prefer not to do so I don't need to add new code for any mods I install.

Looks like you have a space in it don't think you need

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]]:Final

EDIT Glad it worked :D

Edited by Mecripp2

Ok, so I am trying to edit the modular fuel tanks tankgtype.cfg file to add tanks to the various default tank types and to add some tank types. I noticed in the kethane patch it adds kethane to the default tank type. I noticed this because originally I just edited the tank types file by hand and noticed kethane want listed. So this is what gave me the idea. I made two files to add types to the tanks here is one when i booted all the tanks said they could not hold anything, and I have not messed with it to see what one is causing it because it's late, but I figured I would ask if this will work in theory or should I tell it it's :for(mft).

Thanks for the help, and sorry about any mistakes I'm using my phone atm... Thanks again!¡!