[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Version 2.3.1 A lot of under the hood code change. There is a in-game DB reload/dump menu you can open with ALT-F11 while in the spaceport screen (be aware that it mess up R&D unlock, as the stock reload does)

I strongly advise to delete any 2.2.x version laying around as 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 don't deactivate themselves properly when a newer version is around (but they don't break anything either)

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.3.1.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.1.zip

And Version 2.3.2 : This one is here for testing. I seems to work fine here but I do not to advise to distribute it with any mod yet

This version insert itself in the loading screen and does not freeze it. You'll see MM loading message later in the loading process.

Since it runs a bit later it may cause some problem with other mods but I seriously doubt it.

Many thanks to swamp_ig who found out how to do it.

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.3.2.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.2.zip

Edited by sarbian

I think i got an older version of mm, would that explain why when doing science after clicking in the right click menu the button dissapear and no popup with science comes?

Or is it beacuse i have many different sciencedef? Cheers for your time

ahappydude : MM does not change anythings science. Patch in mods change science. So ask whoever made the mod that change something science related for you. I can't help you here.

If you have an old MM then delete the DLL and replace it with 2.3.1

lordkrike : 2.3.2 working as I want to is a step toward the ponies

Question: Is it possible to get a MM config to load BEFORE any other config?

Not necessarily. The :FIRST pass is where any patches that don't specify a later pass get applied. You know that a patch in the :FIRST pass will run before any patch that runs :BEFORE, :FOR, or :AFTER a particular mod, and that running :BEFORE a pass guarantees that you'll run before anything :FOR or :AFTER that pass.

Best practice for patch authors: don't publish a patch that runs in the :FIRST pass unless you actually need to run before any other mod. The fewer patches are in the :FIRST pass, the less likely the patches that need to be there are to get clobbered.

Not necessarily. The :FIRST pass is where any patches that don't specify a later pass get applied. You know that a patch in the :FIRST pass will run before any patch that runs :BEFORE, :FOR, or :AFTER a particular mod, and that running :BEFORE a pass guarantees that you'll run before anything :FOR or :AFTER that pass.

Best practice for patch authors: don't publish a patch that runs in the :FIRST pass unless you actually need to run before any other mod. The fewer patches are in the :FIRST pass, the less likely the patches that need to be there are to get clobbered.

I ask because I ran across This mod which uses MM configs to remove redundant parts if Procedural Parts is installed and I was curious if there was a way to get it to run before anything else, so I will have a go at making a change or 3. Thank you and have some rep.

Version 2.3.1 A lot of under the hood code change. There is a in-game DB reload/dump menu you can open with ALT-F11 while in the spaceport screen (be aware that it mess up R&D unlock, as the stock reload does)

I strongly advise to delete any 2.2.x version laying around as 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 don't deactivate themselves properly when a newer version is around (but they don't break anything either)

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.3.1.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.1.zip

And Version 2.3.2 : This one is here for testing. I seems to work fine here but I do not to advise to distribute it with any mod yet

This version insert itself in the loading screen and does not freeze it. You'll see MM loading message later in the loading process.

Since it runs a bit later it may cause some problem with other mods but I seriously doubt it.

Many thanks to swamp_ig who found out how to do it.

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.3.2.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.2.zip

Thanks sarbian for update, keep up the awesome work. Hope to see 2.3.2 out soon.

However, for legacy support, all patches with *no* pass defined are run in the :FIRST pass.

So to be sure you need to put the patch in some folder beginning 0000 in gamedata....

That shouldn't be too hard, I can just drop it in the Toolbar folder.

I should add a ":LEGACY" pass that runs after ":FIRST". Using FIRST to remove part is legitimate use and it should not require playing with dir name for it to work.

I'd like some feedback on 2.3.2 too. I can't assume the silence means all is fine :)

I should add a ":LEGACY" pass that runs after ":FIRST". Using FIRST to remove part is legitimate use and it should not require playing with dir name for it to work.

I'd like some feedback on 2.3.2 too. I can't assume the silence means all is fine :)

I'll see if I can give 2.3.2 a test drive tonight.

I have been using it without any problems with KSP 0.24.2, and MacOS X 10.9.4 and 10.10 Developer Release 5 without any problems. On the other hand, I do not have any particularly significant changes being made with MM.

skips

Hey I'm trying to write an MM patch to give the VASIMR Real Fuels functionality. The part file has two modules (ModuleEnginesFX) with the same name for hydrogen and argon. Anyone know how to get module manager to recognize the difference?

You should be able to do @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#attribute[value]] or @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],<index> to select a specific one.

Blipman17 : Sorry I forgot to reply.

Here is how it should be for the first 2, but the problem is you have field with space and a space in the first line will break things. You should use other way to identify the parts

//b9 aerospace
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[bac9]]
{
@category = -1
}

//spaceX
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Lazarus Luan],~name[FalconLowerGear]]
{
@category=-1
}

Blipman17 : Sorry I forgot to reply.

Here is how it should be for the first 2, but the problem is you have field with space and a space in the first line will break things. You should use other way to identify the parts

//b9 aerospace
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[bac9]]
{
@category = -1
}

//spaceX
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Lazarus Luan],~name[FalconLowerGear]]
{
@category=-1
}

Can't you use ? as a substitute for the space character? Like this?

//spaceX
@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Lazarus?Luan],~name[FalconLowerGear]]
{
@category=-1
}

One more question. Real fuels already modifies a certain module. Is there any way to write a separate MM patch that ADDS to the first patch without overriding it? (I don't want to touch the original file that came with the plugin)

For example the RF patch says:

@MFGSETTINGS[MFSSettings]
{
MFS_TECHLEVELS
{
blah blah blah
}
}

Can I write something that says:

[COLOR=#ff0000][B]@@[/B][/COLOR]MFGSETTINGS[MFSSettings]
{
MFS_TECHLEVELS