[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

What I need to do to include this .dll im my mod? :P

IMO the best way to do that is just post Requires ModuleManager *** and a link to the thread modders that include plugin and the drop out of sight or don't keep the plugin up to date just makes problems or give people a out of date plugin.

Hi

First want to thank Sarbian and the team for making such a great utility

Not sure of the problem, but just upgraded to 2.5.9 as part of USI Kolonization Systems v0.22.6 and system slowed incredibly after the load screen.

I have a 64bit linux system (slackware 14.1 with latest patches, ge260 nvidia graphics card using the latest nvidia drivers).

System does not seem to respond well to the reset of the vsync rate (if that is the only change from 2.5.8 to 2.5.9)

Replaced 2.5.9 with 2.5.8 and went back to original speed, no slow down - just wondering if the change is a linux vs windows issue - certainly want the linux version to be compatible to future changes

Thanks again

is there a option in MM so it will permanently modify my .cfg files instead of rewriting them on every game load?

No. If ModuleManager overwrote the original .cfg files, then you would have to restore them from backups any time you wanted to undo a change (if you removed a mod that contained a patch, or if MM had a bug in it). Currently, MM caches the patched state and runs the full parse process only when something changes, so you get nearly the same performance as permanently overwriting the originals without losing any information about the pre-patched values.

I don't know when exactly this happened but I'm seeing massive breakage all across my modpak. I had a number of "glue" .cofgs that added grabbable to various things and I had a few extra parts based on configs for Procedural Parts but they're all gone now. =( I tried deleting the cache too, quite a few of the broken configs are "standard" to their respective mods, the Extraplanetary launchpads was supposed to make a survey station based on the hitchhiker container but that isn't working either.

Edited by AlonzoTG

Hello, just to add to the strangeness, after having used 2.5.9 and severe lag started, went to the setting page off of the main menu and speed went back to normal - didnt even have to hit a button, just cancel....very strange - must be an interaction with the nvidia driver, the KDE desktop and KSP that somehow vsync is triggering....

Hello, just to add to the strangeness, after having used 2.5.9 and severe lag started, went to the setting page off of the main menu and speed went back to normal - didnt even have to hit a button, just cancel....very strange - must be an interaction with the nvidia driver, the KDE desktop and KSP that somehow vsync is triggering....

Yeah, must be.

Unless...

UNLESS....

Unless there were exceptions being thrown somewhere, in which case log files would really be helpful.

Nothing says lag like the log file being spammed full of errors.

Can I use MM to trim down mod packs using the - or ! operator?

I do this now by removing the CFGs for these parts altogether to reduce the memory footprint of those mods. Would a MM delete also reduce the memory footprint?

No. All textures and models in GameData are loaded into memory whether they're ever referenced by a part or not. Even deleting the part's original .cfg without also deleting the models and textures will leave you with no real savings.

Did not know that. Thanks!

Edit: Can I still delete parts as a whole with -, or is that just for modules and values inside parts?

Yes, you delete top-level nodes (e.g. PART) the same way you delete lower-level nodes: !PART[criteria] { }. "-PART" is most likely synonymous with "!PART", but the "!PART" version is more common in the wild. Include the curly braces so the parser knows that the thing you're deleting is a node.

I'm having trouble editing all parts with ModuleLight, below is what I am trying to use to do everything at once but it has no effect. I use the same code for other modules and it works fine. I don't understand why it isn't working for lights.

@PART

[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleLight]]:FINAL

{

@MODULE[ModuleLight],*

{

@resourceAmount = 0.001

}

}

This on the other hand edits a single part just fine.

@PART[W485_SurfaceLight]:FINAL

{

@MODULE[ModuleLight]

{

@resourceAmount = 0.001

}

}

Any help on what I am doing wrong for the global edit? Is it an issue with my syntax or a MM issue? Would rather not have to go find every part. Thanks.

Oh wow silly me, thanks! It's always the little things. My understanding is the ,* will edit all modules of name x.

Correct. Inside the actual body of the patch you can do things like @MODULE[superCoolModdingModule],* and it will edit every single SuperCoolModdingModule the part has. Or you can do @MODULE[superCoolModdingModule],0 to just do the first one or @MODULE[superCoolModdingModule],1 to do the second one.

My understanding is the ,* will edit all modules of name x.
Correct. Inside the actual body of the patch you can do things like @MODULE[superCoolModdingModule],* and it will edit every single SuperCoolModdingModule the part has.

Probably best to keep it then - I know SurfaceLights have multiple [ModuleLight]s so yeah.. put that back in, heh :P

Hello. I'm regularry getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range. Parameter name: count.Parameter name can be other than count, but its most common one. This happens with 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 on heavy modded install: approx 8.7k config entries after processing. This error completely halts loading. If I remove some mods, game loads fine. Also, sometimes it loads fine without me doing anything. Also, it breaks on different configs every time and sometime I see only one error in log, while other times it may be 2 or 3... Can someone point me in the right direction to debug this issue? I already trimmed my mod install. Before this, I was getting OOM exceptions in MM, that corrupted config cache. Using KSP 0.90 win32.

Last KSP.log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5836960/KSP.log

Edited by Net-burst

Hello. I'm regularry getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range. Parameter name: count.Parameter name can be other than count, but its most common one. This happens with 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 on heavy modded install: approx 8.7k config entries after processing. This error completely halts loading. If I remove some mods, game loads fine. Also, sometimes it loads fine without me doing anything. Also, it breaks on different configs every time and sometime I see only one error in log, while other times it may be 2 or 3... Can someone point me in the right direction to debug this issue? I already trimmed my mod install. Before this, I was getting OOM exceptions in MM, that corrupted config cache. Using KSP 0.90 win32.

Last KSP.log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5836960/KSP.log

I had this issue too, deleting the module manager cache files seem fixed it.

I had this issue too, deleting the module manager cache files seem fixed it.

Not in my case, unfortunately :(

PS. Here's another log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5836960/KSP-1.log

And here's successful log after removal of one minor mod: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5836960/KSP-2.log

Edited by Net-burst

Starwaster

Thanks - the stutter does act up unpredictably and is annoying (and doesnt happen under 2.5.8).

I have tried dissecting the Player.log - found it hard and non-standard based on load - hard to make a consistent diff. I have a lot of mods installed (Umbra Space Industry series, TacLife and remote tech) - appears these load in different sequences making comparison hard. Size is also slightly different in each load. Its almost a meg in size - dont want to spam this thread, should I be looking for some error or an option to prune the chaff in the log? Willing to email 2.5.8 and 2.5.9....

Thanks

Starwaster

Thanks - the stutter does act up unpredictably and is annoying (and doesnt happen under 2.5.8).

I have tried dissecting the Player.log - found it hard and non-standard based on load - hard to make a consistent diff. I have a lot of mods installed (Umbra Space Industry series, TacLife and remote tech) - appears these load in different sequences making comparison hard. Size is also slightly different in each load. Its almost a meg in size - dont want to spam this thread, should I be looking for some error or an option to prune the chaff in the log? Willing to email 2.5.8 and 2.5.9....

Thanks

Put it up on Dropbox then post the link

If I want to add tweakscale to all parts that have a partial title in them............

title = CHAKA / Orion Command Pod Black Edition <------i need to add tweak scale to all parts with the word "chaka"

I would have to somehow get MM to target the word CHAKA only , this is due to his odd naming convention. I would have liked to do it by author , but he was not consistent in the author names. This is making adding a config impossible. Is there some special code that would be able to target this?