[0.24+][Dev slowdown]Nagging Nadia v0.13 beta

SolarLiner

Rho, there's a small 7 dB of difference between the music and the KSP sounds, which makes KSP almost 3x louder ... for me it was very fine, or maybe it is YouTube glitching and it compressed the sound for no reason, I admit it, I didn't watch the uploaded version. My local version is fine though, at least from what I can hear ...

If you find the sounds annoying you can either turn the Voice volume slider down on the settings or change the sounds if you can, and if you do please send me some samples, as a way to hear what other people like !

But I won't be mad at you if you don't like it and/or find it annoying, it was made after a little inspiration from other threads, and whereas some will like it, some will not. It's just a matter of not being like "ermagherd i don't like this mod why did you make it !?" and have some criticism over what's wrong for you with this mod.

Have fun with or without my mod flying or crashing planes ! :)

I'm just checking this out on my phone, but it does seem that the speech volume is a little low; regardless I did get a good feel for the voice and I'll be using it!

The only thing I'd want in a future version is a GUI. I hate to sound uninspired, but a volume slider and an on/off toggle would be rad.

Yes, it really is, I just renamed it as it includes GPWS, but also includes various other warnings, it is really what the Kerbin version of a Bitchin' Betty (Nagging Nadia) should be !

@Sugoi: Yes, GUI is in the way, but I have no idea on how to start making one :D It will contain the slider for the volume, toggle buttons for each type of sound (so you can get rid of the ones you don't want) and a "STFU" button that will stop the current alarm.

EDIT: Okay, yes it seems that youtube compressed the sound, because the music is not as loud as this on my local version. So yeah, for my second video, I'll make it the way I always do them: with voice over, without editing. Sorry for that ...

Edited by SolarLiner

how it says pull up when you are landing with a parachute

Sinply because from the altitude the capsule is moving too fast down. The mod needs some more tweaking and options still !

at a mac i don't hear the sounds with your latest alpha version

Please do a short flight and send the content of the KSP log file right away. It seems to be a serious bug ... Does it shows the Screen Messages ?

Why do mods continue to make Kerbal voices sound like chipmunks? They should sound nothing alike.

Because I wanted the sounds to stay understandable while being "not so usual" ... since most of the sounds we hear from Kerbals are pitched, I decided to take english samples and pitch them up.

I could've done high-pitched spanish-reversed samples because there's text on the screen giving advices but I'm not sure if the text will stay or not, so, here's understandable but somewhat "unusual" voice samples for the mod.

Please do a short flight and send the content of the KSP log file right away. It seems to be a serious bug ... Does it shows the Screen Messages ?

Just chiming in, I have OSX 10.8.5 and it works. If you need to see the Pastebin to collate something, just let me know.

As for the voice, some might need a little work, but I really like the direction you've taken! What are you basing your "pull up" callouts on? I guess I'm coming down harder then I've realized all this time.

What are you basing your "pull up" callouts on? I guess I'm coming down harder then I've realized all this time.

The mod follows a curve that goes from 400m to 0m, with the maximum vertical speed on the other axis. Basicaly it checks for your current altitude if the max vertical speed has been reached or not. If yes, it triggers the alarm. If not it stops it.

nnad_pullup_curve.JPG

(This is roughly the curve used here)

Just chiming in, I have OSX 10.8.5 and it works.

Meh, iOS ... [personal opinion]I don't really like it[/personal opinion]

But anyway, I only have a windows install so I can't really test on other OS. I can run Linux though Virtual Machines but it would get too complicated (and I'll not retry the dual boot as it broke two times my HDD for no reason). So yeah, thanks for testing !

Edited by SolarLiner

The mod follows a curve that goes from 400m to 0m, with the maximum vertical speed on the other axis. Basicaly it checks for your current altitude if the max vertical speed has been reached or not. If yes, it triggers the alarm. If not it stops it.

nnad_pullup_curve.JPG

(This is roughly the curve used here)

Thanks for the info! I was getting a "pull up" message right before I touched the runway, so that was what was piquing my curiosity.

I saw your first release and moved on with barely a glance. But that new video just sold your mod to me. I like it!

Changing the name was a good idea, too. :) Nagging Nadia will be a welcome addition to my little fleet.

• 1 month later...

Does this work with .23?

Edit: I tried it and it appears to work fine, other then some issues,

When a Kerbal jumps (on the mun at least) it says over g

During launch, if you turn your rocket slightly and abruptly, it says over gee, but if you keep holding to key to turn it, aka turning more, it doesn't say it.

It sounds like a chipmunk that inhaled a rockomax jumbo's worth of helium, but That might be intentional, idk. :)

Great mod! :D

But one suggestion: give it a diferent voice, I wouldn't mind if it was random babble, or reverse Spanish,

Maybe give it neil armstrongs voice or something :)

Edited by Deadpangod3

I was never fond of such things like chatterer, but surprisingly liked this mod!

However, this

is quite irritating, and

During launch, if you turn your rocket slightly and abruptly, it says over gee, but if you keep holding to key to turn it, aka turning more, it doesn't say it.

seems to be a problem too.

I personaly don't remember getting much "over g" on launching, but the g meter string keeps randomly appearing and disappearing in the center of the screen, which is very annoying too. I don't really understand the purpose of this message, it repeats the stock g indicator...

But I do like the voices, they are matching the spirit of the game well for me!

Probably, more customization, like selecting what messages you want to hear and see, will be good to have.

Even if through a config file, I think it will go for the first time.

I actually very much like the voice! It wouldn't hurt if there were a few voice-sets to choose from, since not everyone agrees.

I also approve of plain english over kerbalese since these messages are trying to tell us something urgent.

Keep up the good work, I'd love to see this fully fleshed out. :)

Dear Krakern, this has been a long time !

I wonder if you can use other sounds for the callouts,

because i am used to the callouts from Orbitersound

Mhh ... Could be a feature to add, but not for now. Sorry :/

I saw your first release and moved on with barely a glance. But that new video just sold your mod to me. I like it!

Changing the name was a good idea, too. :) Nagging Nadia will be a welcome addition to my little fleet.

I felt that something to showcase the mod would be nice, and since a set of pics doesn't help (meh, can't hear sound) so I gavea go to a video. This is now my most watched video :D

Is there any support for DRE? Such as having the over G call out coinciding with pulling to many G's and almost killing your kerbals from G forces? If you catch my drift, not sure how clear I was

DRE? I based the G-curve on the curve of the Deadly Reentry mod, as a function of time. The longer you put G forces on, the narrower the "G-margin" gets and you will have to be less agressive if you don't want to hear the OverG callout.

Would it be possible to have a text warning flash on the screen? Deaf/hard of hearing here.

A "Nagging Nadia" is something that makes annoying sounds by default, so no flashes. I'm afread that MOD cannot deserve your needs. What I can do is release a "Flashing Nadia" version for the ones you doesn't like having sounds and the ones that's can't hear them well.

Does this work with .23?

Edit: I tried it and it appears to work fine, other then some issues,

It sounds like a chipmunk that inhaled a rockomax jumbo's worth of helium, but That might be intentional, idk. :)

Great mod! :D

But one suggestion: give it a diferent voice, I wouldn't mind if it was random babble, or reverse Spanish,

Maybe give it neil armstrongs voice or something :)

Sorry, for the default voice I'll stick with the "Chipmunks" english voice, to suit the "game voice style" whilst be understandable (you don't want to be like "What is wrong?" when you're about to crash).

What you can do is replace the sounds of the mods, the filenames are pretty self-explanatory.

I was never fond of such things like chatterer, but surprisingly liked this mod!

I personaly don't remember getting much "over g" on launching, but the g meter string keeps randomly appearing and disappearing in the center of the screen, which is very annoying too. I don't really understand the purpose of this message, it repeats the stock g indicator...

But I do like the voices, they are matching the spirit of the game well for me!

Probably, more customization, like selecting what messages you want to hear and see, will be good to have.

Even if through a config file, I think it will go for the first time.

I'm happy to see that you like the voice style !

The "Over G" message at the bottom is the current "max G" the crew can take before the G force alarm kicks in. Customization is on its way, but as I get stuck trying to make a proper GUI. Config file is perfectly doable, I didn't think of that for a first version.

I actually very much like the voice! It wouldn't hurt if there were a few voice-sets to choose from, since not everyone agrees.

I also approve of plain english over kerbalese since these messages are trying to tell us something urgent.

Keep up the good work, I'd love to see this fully fleshed out. :)

Thanks alot mate ;)

I hope I see a more serious version. nonetheless, good work!

"More serious" version? Something that isn't as crazy as somes' flying styles? :D

Ohh dear, I'm so sad that I left that there, I'm right beck to development ! It's hard to make IRL life and projects here and there work together ...

Hope the current version isn't too buggy with 0.23 !

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.