KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hmmm...after checking the latest dev version a bit, I've experienced the space center bug. I've noticed though that the KMP gui works as does the toolbar plugin. I'm curious, has anyone bothered to try the SceneJumper mod to work around this problem?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66116

Yes, it does help to bypass the issues that you're not able to go to other scenes.

No, sorry :(

I would be happy to throw together a command for it, or try anyways. I don't do C#, but I do program Java.

That would be nice, because there are always left over ships, that nobody can delete in game or fly in game, and we are friends so we don't really need to protect our ships from being stolen.

I'd like to know how to delete unneeded ships in game. Because it seems to bug game when i do so. (maybe it's because i use mods?)

That would be nice, because there are always left over ships, that nobody can delete in game or fly in game, and we are friends so we don't really need to protect our ships from being stolen.

I'd like to know how to delete unneeded ships in game. Because it seems to bug game when i do so. (maybe it's because i use mods?)

That should be working, try opening an issue on Github :)

As for the command, I'll get right on it when I get home :)

I mean yeah it is working but deleteship sd65f4sdf4-4s6456-sdf64-sdf546s-sdf654sdf654 is not really fast and comfortable way to do it you know? So i seem to have problem flying my friends ship and even my own. I can't delete them, i even allowed piracy, maybe it's those few mods i have or some sneaky config i edited. Could use some really nice hint here. :)

Hmm i set my players as admins and it did not help.

Nope still can't delete ships as admin. Damn this mod is tricky.

To the moon!

Edited by cpx

I am having an issue similar to Cdscottie where no one on my server can reclaim or terminate flights. All users are using KSP 23.5 and the 1.5.1 Client and Server. The issue is that the reclaim vessel button can be pressed and you are returned to the Space Center, but the flight is still there. In the Tracking Station, clicking Reclaim pops up the confirmation dialog, but the confirm button does nothing.

Things I have tried:

Making me an admin

Deleting KMP_Universe.db and the backup

Allowing piracy

Looking for a new version of KMP (I don't know how to get dev versions...)

I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

I gave KMP (the latest devel version as per May 7th or so) a try with a friend last night. The KMP-Server is unmodded.

My friend glitched out while on EVA in the sense that he not only lost hold of the ladder as it happens every now and then but suddenly he was 1.3 kms or-so away from the craft, unable to close the gap. The rocket seemed to retreat with the same speed from him, no matter how much he used the jetpack fuel. Has anyone had this?

Anyway, I decided to launch a rescue mission and got my command capsule with 2 empty seats right next to him. As he tried to slowly glide onto the hatch he just slid thru the whole command pod, and came out on the other side. A few seconds later he suddenly was 700m away from the pod.

In both cases his Kerbal "blinked" to the new location, no accelleration or anything noticable. He was near the pod one second and hundreds of meters away the next, with very small relative speed (10m/s or so, nothing that explains the sudden change in position).

I guess both instances are somewhat related. Any clue what might have happened?

Another question: Although on his attempt to board my capsule he literaly slid right thru the hatch he didn't get the "[F] grab" prompt and even pressing F without the prompt didn't make him grab the pod. My vessel was set to public BUT at the time of the docking the "lock public / private" popup thingy on the right of the sceen wouldn't show up.

As a first time KMP user this is all very weird :) - any insights would be greatly appreciated :).

On a different note, how exactly does the /register [username] [token] command work? I've tried various tokens (passwords?) consisting of trivial letters only but the server always says "supplied token is invalid". That aside, what's the actual benefit of registering users? I'm asuming this will allow "private" vessels to be owner-controlled only after a reconnect? Is there anything else to it?

Thanks in advance :)

I think the glitching or instant transport away is caused simply by the ping.

The thing is in a normal shooter you have a speed of some m/s but something arround 10. You glitch if you are laggy by ping some centimeters here and there or if some prediction is build in your are rubberbanding like in bf since bf2 (cause the older once had not some prediction system you had to simply aime on someone with a high ping more in front of his path)

But at above 2000 meters per second in kerbin orbit at a ping of 20-30 milliseconds (if you have good connection and server is same country mostly more like 40-60 ms) that would be 400-600 meters and that is the range that is exactly the way of 700 meters distance instant transport you describe and that is the thing that will not leave ksp/kmp without a prediction system if this is not beeing managed with a way arround we will never have smooth docking or getting a kerbal in a capsule controlled by another player.

Cause in LAN the jumping is there but not that big accounted for a lower ping of arround 1-5 ms.

Thats my two cents.

Edited by Nightmare

@Xavienth: "add voice chat" - I'm a big fan of using mumble for things like this - It's basically a free version of teamspeak. I do run a mumble server that people can jump on if they like, but it's in australia and it's probably a better idea for someone with a proper VPS to host one for the community. The address is the same as the build server, and it uses the default port. I'm never online on it though unless I'm streaming for a DMP or KMP release.

@RatoZumbi: "Server list is down. Is there any other server list?" - Err... It shouldn't be. Perhaps my internet dropped out for a bit there :-/

@Nightmare: Yet another reason I'd like to remove docking mode and convert to using the orbital parameters.

Edited by godarklight

I think the glitching or instant transport away is caused simply by the ping.

The thing is in a normal shooter you have a speed of some m/s but something arround 10. You glitch if you are laggy by ping some centimeters here and there or if some prediction is build in your are rubberbanding like in bf since bf2 (cause the older once had not some prediction system you had to simply aime on someone with a high ping more in front of his path)

But at above 2000 meters per second in kerbin orbit at a ping of 20-30 milliseconds (if you have good connection and server is same country mostly more like 40-60 ms) that would be 400-600 meters and that is the range that is exactly the way of 700 meters distance instant transport you describe and that is the thing that will not leave ksp/kmp without a prediction system if this is not beeing managed with a way arround we will never have smooth docking or getting a kerbal in a capsule controlled by another player.

Cause in LAN the jumping is there but not that big accounted for a lower ping of arround 1-5 ms.

Thats my two cents.

My friend and I seem to have narrowed it down to that or dropped packets, were not sure what exactly is cause it.

@Xavienth: "add voice chat" - I'm a big fan of using mumble for things like this - It's basically a free version of teamspeak. I do run a mumble server that people can jump on if they like, but it's in australia and it's probably a better idea for someone with a proper VPS to host one for the community. The address is the same as the build server, and it uses the default port. I'm never online on it though unless I'm streaming for a DMP or KMP release.

@RatoZumbi: "Server list is down. Is there any other server list?" - Err... It shouldn't be. Perhaps my internet dropped out for a bit there :-/

@Nightmare: Yet another reason I'd like to remove docking mode and convert to using the orbital parameters.

I have a UK hosted teamspeak server if people prefer.

Ok my friend had another go for a few hours so here's my weekly bugreport ;)

- there's quite a few duplication issues. Mostly it seems to affect Kerbals going on a quick EVA for the biome reports, when timewarping quickly after reentering the capsule. It seems that if you wait a bit after going back "in" it's much less of a problem. My guess its to do with the time to propagate the "merging" of two vessels back to the server before entering timewarp but I'm sure godarklight can isolate that one better .). At one point I observed a duplication of my empty ascend stage after staging but that was just once. Usually it seems to work. I don't see any difference between that particular staging event and others that went fine.

- My friend got disconnected from the server (happens quite a bit but thats not an issue, really) and after he reconnected all his science research was gone. The research facility was still open and accessible but all nodes he had researched were locked again. He still did have the 6 science points leftover that he has had before the d/c. We tried reconnecting, restarting both client and server but nothing helped. Even tried hacking the persistent.sfs file on his machine to get him the points back but the KMP Server seems to store this somewhere else as the points were not applied after restarting both client / server again. I even had a very brief look into the SQLite database but while I found the scenarios I couldn't find the science points.

- I had my own disconnect oddity after which the research facility was closed and all science instrument yielded the usual "you're getting the suspicion you're not learning anything" messages and the like that you get when you try to do science in a Sandbox game. A client restart on my end fixed this however, my tech tree was still unlocked to where it should be and the instruments are yielding science again.

- Ok I just had another thing that really annoys me. I have a probe in 200km / 1200km orbit around Jool which has 5 detachable probe landers. Once I detach one of these (small decoupler) thay end up in a random suborbital trajectory that always leads to their death. That's extremely annoying, especially considering how long it takes to get to Jool in the first place. My client and the server run on the same machine so I guess lag issues are not to be faulted here.

Edited by MrOnak

How do you get rid of the yellow text that comes up at the side. It's always there, and covers from the top to the bottom of my screen, even if I disconnect and log back in. Don't know if it has anything to do with me owning the server or what, but it is extremely frustrating!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.