KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I just docked on KMP today. Did your friend sit in the target ship? If so, try without him there.

I can solo, but never do I see another's ship, let alone dock. Does anyone have video proof of this even working?

@fresh_sms: Making some progress. They are stored slightly strangely.

@Wilmotron: I guessed joystick because some joysticks have return to centre buttons that are interpreted as an axis. It confuses me why KMP brings up the issue though.. Did you try starting ksp with it unplugged?

@meeces2911: Sounds helpful, Gimp should put this in the OP.

@inigma: Yes, but in 0.1.4.0/2. It jitters a fair bit and it's quite difficult to do, but it is possible. Something seems wrong with 0.1.5, docking mode seems to be one-sided, ill confirm that later

Docking mode works by comparing the other ship to where is says it is and putting it in the middle of those 2 points, hence the jiterryness (I think... Gimp might weigh in)

I generally recommend getting one of the players to sit still, and get the other player to do the rendevous burns / warping. When he is close and killed relative velocity, get the other player to sync to your time.

@Reeposter, you have to add the mecheb parts to KMPModControl.txt on the server. Because it adds parts it should also go in the required section. Someone made a part list program for the old KMPPartList.txt file, its generally easier to use that (not sure if link is in the op but I know its on spaceport)

@inigma: Lol yes, this is not a hoax. It works (mostly...)

Quick question about the server joining and such, as I've been thinking about trying this.

Any server on that unofficial sever list I'm welcome to just pop in, right? Like I wouldn't be intruding on other people?

If that is the case then would there be any other ones I could go to? I really don't know about servers, communities and such as I don't tend to play in public multiplayer too often.

@Jimasaurus: It means exactly that. But more specifically, it means you didn't copy the saves folder into your KSP folder.

@Beekerson: They are public servers for everyone, The server admins are friendly (they don't bite) and most hang out in the IRC channel with us, some of them are also devs. Jump on and say hi :)

@fresh_sms: I'll try to finish it today, seeing as how I'm mostly free with KMP for now - Just have to write a little documentation for some of these frequently asked questions.

I've made something that has potential, but need some opinions on it, it involves never seeing the "Disconnected for running too slow" message ever again.

EDIT: @fresh_sms: I'm having trouble running this mess on mono. I can't seem to use a ConfigNode, which means getting the data will be impossible for me. https://github.com/godarklight/KMPVesselDumper

It's complaining about a missing System.Core 2.0.5.0 - Which doesn't exist on mono (Referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll) :(

It works if you comment out the confignode.count line, but only debug dumps vessel guids and owners...

Edited by godarklight

Just a friendly reminder for the Servers!!

**Just released MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.0**

Easily control the mods in your server with this application.

Especially now Server Mod Control is introduced I hope modding in KMP will increase and I think my app can help with that!

Go to my forum page to download it:

MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.0

ChangeLog

v3.0

*Fixed the bug haunting v2.x causing some cfg file to be missed because they were "empty" according the scanner.

*Moved around the layout a bit.

*Code rewritten and cleaned.

*KMP Server Mod Control compatible.

Have fun Multiplaying!

Edited by CreationMe

How can I edit the message that pops up when a player is missing a mod? I'm hosting a server for a couple of friends who are fairly new to modding. I have a shared google drive folder with the mods necessary for them, and I'd like the error message to reflect this in case they didn't know. Thanks in advance! BTW, this is a freakin awesome mod.

@Wilmotron: I guessed joystick because some joysticks have return to centre buttons that are interpreted as an axis. It confuses me why KMP brings up the issue though.. Did you try starting ksp with it unplugged?

Indeed, I did. Perhaps I need to go trolling the source code and see if something fires when focus is lost.

How can I edit the message that pops up when a player is missing a mod? I'm hosting a server for a couple of friends who are fairly new to modding. I have a shared google drive folder with the mods necessary for them, and I'd like the error message to reflect this in case they didn't know. Thanks in advance! BTW, this is a freakin awesome mod.

Unless you are knowledged about C# and general programming, you wont be able to do that. All error messages are hardcoded into the mod.

I was afraid of that. Thanks for letting me know.

I can however tell you that somebody on the irc dev channel was talking about some kind of in-game mod manager some time ago. Dont know how far they got with it or any other detail for that matter... Perhaps godarklight can clarify that ?

How do you enable career mode? I tried entering '/mode' in the console and it says unrecognized command, doing mode=career in the config file does nothing. I still see all possible parts in VAB. What am I doing wrong?

/mode career

Remember to change it before you start the server with /start... You can also use /help for info on the different commands...

/mode career

Remember to change it before you start the server with /start... You can also use /help for info on the different commands...

So you have to disable autohost? I tried adding

/mode career

/start

to a batch but that doesn't work. How do you have an auto starting server with career enabled?

So you have to disable autohost? I tried adding

/mode career

/start

to a batch but that doesn't work. How do you have an auto starting server with career enabled?

You only set the mode ones per server instance. After which it will be saved in the kmpserversettings file. And you dont need to disable autoHost.

You only set the mode ones per server instance. After which it will be saved in the kmpserversettings file. And you dont need to disable autoHost.

**** I never realized it would generate a cfg file if I didn't have one. lol Ihave been making one from scratch for months

thanks

I'm having an issue where every time I run KSP and connect to my local server, the KMPModControl.txt file seems to get reset. I've added the mods to the file using MultiPlayer Part Manager and it seems to work, but after running KSP the mod entries have been removed. The result is that I get the "prohibited parts" message whenever I try to launch anything. Any thoughts? Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.