KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Mind=blown. It's awesome how you send players into the past/future to prevent TW issues (Where were going, we don't need boosters...)

EDIT: Do you have to mess around with IP addresses and port forwarding, or can you just load up the server on any Computer and call your friends?

Edited by TimMartland

This potentially destroys hanging around the new KSC or simultaneous take offs or tower buzzing and things like that..

I'd prefer that there is a launch schedule that you need to apply for. So for example you hit launch and the system replies "your launch window opens in 40 seconds" so when the window opens you have around.. 30 seconds to use the launch pad, if you don't clear the pad in time, your ship gets removed.

Perhaps something to look into for a future version--for this release I naturally just needed something that was simple and would work.

Mind=blown. It's awesome how you send players into the past/future to prevent TW issues (Where were going, we don't need boosters...)

EDIT:Do you have to mess around with IP addresses and port forwarding, or can you just load up the server on any Computer and call your friends?

Depending on your local network configuration you will likely need to update firewall settings etc (as with most any dedicated server) to get things working.

This is fantastic. I had been thinking about something similar myself (KLF-based shared game file), but never started it. Some ideas I had:

- handle mods by having "allowed mods" files on the server and comparing the client's mod files to the server ones. If there are any present that aren't on the server, won't allow connect

- same for plugins if you want to use it for a competition style mode. If client has something like HyperEdit running, not allowed to connect

A tool for allowing competitions would be extremely popular, and I think these would be two steps towards that. Perhaps difficult to enforce though if people want to start re-compiling the source code without those checks.

This is all wunderbar and stuff (also, if my problem is fixed. i will have a 24/7 server)

Avast gives me a heavy virus warning and refuses the .exe of the server software to be on my computer.

so i gave it a try on a old laptop and i get a weird error when someone joins: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8983610/screenshozzle.png (i am running windows 7 64 bit)

The server runs as a separate application, and can totally be hosted on the same box as a client (I do this all the time for testing).

Sweet, and thanks fro the rapido reply :) Testing later this evening once all the very small kebals have gone to bed :) (just have to wrestle the machines from the larger kerbals in this house)

First try with the server: crash when I connected. By the log I saw that Assembly-CSharp was missing. Copied it from KSP, everything went normal. Until, at random times, I get this error:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
near "839999999616": syntax error
à KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
à KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)
Stacktrace: à System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
à KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
à KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

But else, tested it locally, and it is so much fun and well done !

First try with the server: crash when I connected. By the log I saw that Assembly-CSharp was missing. Copied it from KSP, everything went normal. Until, at random times, I get this error:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
near "839999999616": syntax error
à KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
à KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)
Stacktrace: à System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
à System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
à KMPServer.Server.handleMessage(Int32 client_index, ClientMessageID id, Byte[] data)
à KMPServer.Server.asyncUDPReceive(IAsyncResult result)

But else, tested it locally, and it is so much fun and well done !

I haven't seen that error before either, but thanks very much for the report. This one seems more involved than others I'm seeing so far, so please feel free to report it on Github too. The stacktrace gives a good clue as to what's going wrong here, but will perhaps take a bit more testing to unveil what's going on under the hood. If you see it again, can you also copy+paste the last few messages from the console?

I've tryed to start the server with my localhost, but when i try to connect to the server, the server automatically crash, there are too some problems with the KMP save, Kerbal say that the save must be converted...

What version of KSP are you running (should be 0.22)? Do you use Steam perchance?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.