KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hello, my brother and I are still having the bug that causes you to be unable to click the buildings. I've done a lot of reading on this post, and still can't sort this out. I was under the impression that the latest dev build had it fixed. I'm running a Debian server, using dev build 0.1.5.2. I've gone so far as to completely re-install both the server and client from scratch, but both computers we're trying to play on end up with the bug. I had read that disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it for some people, but not for us. *sometimes*, maybe once in 7 tries, if I delete the save and kmp folders, then copy in the client files again, suddenly it will start working, and the session will work great. All I have to do to get the bug though, is to leave the game, or even just go back to the main menu, it happens like clockwork.

Does anyone have any insight on this? We've really enjoyed the time we've been able to play together, but due to this bug, we're about to give up.

Thanks!

Z

Hello, my brother and I are still having the bug that causes you to be unable to click the buildings. I've done a lot of reading on this post, and still can't sort this out. I was under the impression that the latest dev build had it fixed. I'm running a Debian server, using dev build 0.1.5.2. I've gone so far as to completely re-install both the server and client from scratch, but both computers we're trying to play on end up with the bug. I had read that disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it for some people, but not for us. *sometimes*, maybe once in 7 tries, if I delete the save and kmp folders, then copy in the client files again, suddenly it will start working, and the session will work great. All I have to do to get the bug though, is to leave the game, or even just go back to the main menu, it happens like clockwork.

Does anyone have any insight on this? We've really enjoyed the time we've been able to play together, but due to this bug, we're about to give up.

Thanks!

Z

Are you running the latest dev version? Try reinstalling KMP (both server and client)

I've been trying to get on a server with non-part mods (Toolbar, Enhanced Navball) but it's stopping me, saying I can't have them installed...

My guess is that it is running a whitelist on all (if any) plugins and as such it bans everything else.

Are you running the latest dev version? Try reinstalling KMP (both server and client)

As far as I know, yes, I am. I downloaded the development server and client from http://chrisand.no-ip.info/kmp/ - is this not correct? I have done a fresh install using these files. I did end up copying the 3 DLL files from my old server install, since they're not included in that download. Is that maybe the issue?

As far as I know, yes, I am. I downloaded the development server and client from http://chrisand.no-ip.info/kmp/ - is this not correct? I have done a fresh install using these files. I did end up copying the 3 DLL files from my old server install, since they're not included in that download. Is that maybe the issue?

It is correct. Although, you may want to grab the new DLLs from your ARM client. I highly doubt that's the issue, but just for safety measures. When did you download the files?

It is correct. Although, you may want to grab the new DLLs from your ARM client. I highly doubt that's the issue, but just for safety measures. When did you download the files?

My friends and i have the same issues and i haven't been able to track down the cause of it either, I've tried disabling mods, methane etc and It didn't appear to resolve the issue, so I can't seem to I have no idea what causing it.

Which version is the most stable one for the purpose of just playing together with 2 people ? We tried the DevBuild but after 2 hours the orbit was full of spacecraft that didn't disappear (non selectable through the center) and the Science Points were heavily bugged as in, first time worked fine but everytime we returned from another mission we kept getting the points from the previous mission and the current points from the mission were lost.

First of all, to both of you: That's some hardcore lurking you have goin' on; Been here for 2 years and 1 ½ years, respectively and have less than ten posts :)

Second of all, to Lancezh: What do you want to play for? Just building stations or like racing, dogfighting, etc? If dogfighting or racing I'd suggest the dev version, otherwise you should try running .23 and an old dev build.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Hey, i did make some posts! But they got wiped in the forum crash... :P For the issue, apparently using the KSP launcher and replacing the persistence files fixes it. And I'm not sure that the formers required.

But yeah, I dont forum post much.

Was going to mention something but I got Lancezh on IRC ;).

If you're interested in playing without so many issues, Then use the last development version for 0.23, which you can get from KMPUpdater-old or here. It should be leaps and bounds better than 0.1.5.1...

Afaik, dogfighting has never really worked in KMP because you can't spawn (or replace) a vessel in the air, so full updates will kill the craft. Holding the full updates while in flight does get it working, which is something I've done in both

and

Getting the orbit branch ready is my highest priority for 0.1.6, it fixes a few positioning-related bugs and removes the need for docking positioning. I'm still concentrating on DMP though until the last few issues of 0.1.5.2 are fixed ;).

Racing was also a little janky in previous versions because of a velocity bug, but that's something that was recently fixed.

I can't say I've solved the issue yet, but before I go any further, through all this fooling around with the server and client, I've managed to lose all our progress in our science tree. Is there a way I can either restore our tree progress from a previous save, or maybe just give each of us some science points so we don't have to start over from scratch?

Thanks,

Z

As for the not being able to click buildings bug, disconnect and exit from the GUI, reconnect and repeat until it works, my friend and I do it all the time to "fix" the problems of the server doing that.

Hi there,

So i've been playing this mod for a long time and have the same bug with the buildings. It does work after reconnecting a few times, but it'd be nice if someone would take a look at it.

Besides this I have a question. It seems that everyone here is playing KMP career in co-op (or at least, that's what i understand from the messages). I've only managed to set up a head to head co-op where everyone has it's own R&D and science tree. Am i doing something wrong or is there a setting i'm missing? 'Cause all i see is the setting to change the server from career to sandbox mode and visa versa?

Hoping to get an answer soon.

Kind Regards,

DragonSlayer666

Hello,

I've been playing this mod for several months now but ever since the latest Kerbal Space Program update, I have been experiencing the following issues:

Release Build:

- In Career Mode I can do everything as normal, including access the buildings but when I try to retrieve my spacecraft/kerbal's they do not actually retrieve and the science is never added. The spacecraft/kerbal will constantly stay where they are too

Development Build:

- I haven't been able to fully test this build to see if the science issue that I am experiencing from the Release Build occurs as as soon as I click into a building, I cannot exit. I have to exit the game to be able to select a new building

I've re-installed the server, as well as KSP on my computer but no change.

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed or is this a known issue that is being worked on?

Thanks,

Cdscottie

@Everyone who has Space Center issue

Can you report your full specs, including OS and .NET version installed? Also, please confirm that you are running the latest KSP version (0.23.464 IIRC) and latest KMP dev version? Can you also confirm that you ran a clean install on a 100% clean KSP install (i.e. no saves, no new ships, no mods, no nothing)? Also, are you running a clean server?

@DragonSlayer666

That is the only possible way to do it as of yet.

Edited by KvickFlygarn87

@Everyone who has Space Center issue

Can you report your full specs, including OS and .NET version installed? Also, please confirm that you are running the latest KSP version (0.23.464 IIRC) and latest KMP dev version? Can you also confirm that you ran a clean install on a 100% clean KSP install (i.e. no saves, no new ships, no mods, no nothing)? Also, are you running a clean server?

@DragonSlayer666

That is the only possible way to do it as of yet.

I've run run it with a clean install and copied the mod parts only (obviously i can't join the server without them) and this issue still appears to be occurring, but it isn't running on a clean server install. This issue occurs on OSX and windows at least and we are running the latest KSP build. This issues has cropped up in all the recent dev builds that I've tried as well, along a variety of client/server combos.

I've run run it with a clean install and copied the mod parts only (obviously i can't join the server without them) and this issue still appears to be occurring, but it isn't running on a clean server install. This issue occurs on OSX and windows at least and we are running the latest KSP build. This issues has cropped up in all the recent dev builds that I've tried as well, along a variety of client/server combos.

Thanks. Can you confirm that the server is a dev build server, alternatively test using a server run on your computer?

Anyone having issues with the gauges or raster prop monitors (if you're using them) freezing up after entering IVA, exiting IVA, and entering IVA again? It seems that everything sticks after leaving IVA for the first time and that's where they stay.

If anyone know if there is a multiplayer setting that allows everyone to use everyones ship and basicly set everything to allowed so we can work together. Is there such thing?

If anyone know if there is a multiplayer setting that allows everyone to use everyones ship and basicly set everything to allowed so we can work together. Is there such thing?

No, sorry :(

I would be happy to throw together a command for it, or try anyways. I don't do C#, but I do program Java.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.