[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I just tried something. I used photoshop and feathered the edges of the cloudlet pngs in the folder and it had a fairly dramatic effect

from this

http://i.imgur.com/e3SsSRT.png

to this

http://i.imgur.com/K1x0Jv5.png

I`m not sure which I prefer.

Hmmm... this is definitely something to keep in mind when looking at weather. Different clouds for different situations.

Please pardon my ignorance, but how do you get that GUI relating to this mod to appear in-game? Unfortuinately, my PC isn;t up to handling the volumetric clouds (it's a refurbed Dell Optiplex 745 with teh original graphics card which cant be replaced because the box takes non-0standard cards only :-( ). To give you an iodea of what I see, if I go to a sattelite in orbit of Kerbin and look directly down, what I see is three jagged hexagonal patches of flat pink that track teh motion of the sattelite (I'd add that re-entry effects also appear as flat neon pink too. Sigh..). The non-volumetric clouds work beautifully, so I'd like to be able to turn the volumetric ones off, if possible. Durned shame, as I really, really wanted those Dunan dust-clouds... ah well, maybe next year :-}

ALT+N You can also edit the config manually and remove the volume=true line in the top of the file.

Hmmm... this is definitely something to keep in mind when looking at weather. Different clouds for different situations.

I imagine this would also reduce the billboard spinning effect somewhat also making their edges less noticable, and yeah could produce some differently 'moody' weather types. Reminds me of this pic I saw a while back.

1367539008008.jpg

I'm starting to wander if there was some way multiple cloudlet billboards could have a shading effect applied 'as a whole' to produce an entirely darker underside as seen in this? (As opposed to individual shading on each.. actually I don't even know if shading is possible atm..)

Also any luck with hight variance with the volumetrics?

Edited by pingopete

ALT+N You can also edit the config manually and remove the volume=true line in the top of the file.

Rbray89; many thanks! I just love your mod - can't wait till one day I have a PC that can handle those volumetric clouds :-) I'm flying west from KSC at the moment, first major flight above the clouds.. - beautiful!

Could you release the new bitmap? I think I like your version better. :)

http://www./download/x4u568an1c4c3x4/softer_particles.zip

Here they are but they are not really mine, I just softened the edges so they would feather more. I think I overdid it and got rid of too much texture. The `hole` is more visible now. Might have another go in a bit.

Just unzip into GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures\particle.

Proot, I'm no artist. Don't put all this on me man.

(Yes, I know you're joking)

Thanks Thesonic for making this entirely by yourself.. ;)

In all seriousness

Thanks Rbray for the clouds,

Proot for the mod,

And Sonic for the tweaks

:D

Edited by pingopete

Proot, I'm no artist. Don't put all this on me man.

(Yes, I know you're joking)

As far I can see, you seem very capable to understand how I made some of my little tricks. We are all artist. Art is to lie. Art is a lie. In the best of cases, when art is worth, it's a lie to expose the truth.

Seriously, the color is quite gotten, is a good job. :)

Thanks Thesonic for making this entirely by yourself.. ;)

In all seriousness

Thanks Rbray for the clouds,

Proot for the mod,

And Sonic for the tweaks

k_cheesy.gif

This mod is a creation of Rbray. I only use the power inside it in my compilation.

Edited by Proot

You might want to play around with AtmosphereFromGround if you want to edit atmospheric shading, rather than just adding cloud layers. You can also play around with the ramp used for the corona that handles the rim glow (Alternis Kerbol does this, you can see how in NovaSilisko's source).

If you don't want to write a plugin, you can use RSS *only* to change AtmosphereFromGround.