[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

rbray89 i am sorry. seems its not your fantastic mod. i renamed the clouds.dll and still get out of memory crashes.

seems, there is another mod wrecking havoc somewhere..

i think i have to deactivate one after the other to find out :(

rbray89 i am sorry. seems its not your fantastic mod. i renamed the clouds.dll and still get out of memory crashes.

seems, there is another mod wrecking havoc somewhere..

i think i have to deactivate one after the other to find out :(

What?? Why did you rename the dll? If you don't want the volumetric clouds (though given your memory situation, it won't help much) You can open the GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/cloudLayers.cfg file and remove the volume = True line near the top.

What version of ATM are you using? Basic or Aggressive?

i just wanted to get rid of them fast for testing purposes.

i am using basic. and everything is fine until i am landing my shuttle. as soon as i am down under 10km, the memory usage skyrockets. from ~2,5gb all the way up to 3,6.. until it crashes.

i just wanted to get rid of them fast for testing purposes.

i am using basic. and everything is fine until i am landing my shuttle. as soon as i am down under 10km, the memory usage skyrockets. from ~2,5gb all the way up to 3,6.. until it crashes.

Well, renaming plugins does NOT disable them. They have to be removed entirely.

Do the steps I mentioned above to disable volumes. If you are still running into memory issues, try aggressive.

correct me if i am wrong, but when i rename the file ending, i am pretty sure, it wont load anymore.

but regardless, will try it. thanks

edit: deleted the lights+clouds mod completely. still OOM crashes. there must be a memory leak somewhere else. maybe mechjeb.. or the KSO shuttle.. i will try to find out.

Edited by Umlüx

correct me if i am wrong, but when i rename the file ending, i am pretty sure, it wont load anymore.

edit: deleted the lights+clouds mod completely. still OOM crashes. there must be a memory leak somewhere else. maybe mechjeb.. or the KSO shuttle.. i will try to find out.

Oh, I'm sorry, yes, renaming the extension *Should* remove it from being loaded. (for some reason I assumed you renamed just the body of the filename)

That is what I'm starting to think. You can check the output_log.txt file for more info or post it here and I'll try to help you get on the right track.

The KSO shuttle is a killer. That's for sure.

Anyway, here's some more pics, and this time it's doing even weirder stuff. I have added no clouds to Vall, but i keep getting a laythe colored box from vall orbit.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I feel like I'm forgetting something obvious, but how do I access the GUI editor? Is there a certain scene I need to be in to hit alt-n or a config to enable it I didn't see?

You have to use it either in-flight or at the KSC. ALT+N is the default, unless you downloaded a pack that overrides it.

The KSO shuttle is a killer. That's for sure.

Anyway, here's some more pics, and this time it's doing even weirder stuff. I have added no clouds to Vall, but i keep getting a laythe colored box from vall orbit.

http://imgur.com/a/fZqiV

WEIRD! I think there must be some sort of race condition going on that I hadn't considered before. I'll try to see if there is anything I can do about it. Do you have the output_log.txt file?

If you fail to remove textures from the gamedata folder, they will still be loaded into memory. Remove mods entirely when you want to disable them, it can cause all kinda weird stuff doing what you're doing. I mean really it probably takes more effort to do what you're doing anyway...

edit: taking 15 minutes to actually get this posted resulted in several replies ahead of mine...

Edited by Dirt_Merchant

Ok, So I'm making some good progress on replacing the terrain shader to be more beautiful, and letting us mod the terrain!! Just have to work out some annoying transform maths.

WHAT ?!?!?

Let me wake up please !

Mod the terrain as like loading meshes with props ? Or is it modding the colors only?