[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Planet Factory

Ah, thank you sir. My first guess was procedural fairings.

I really wish people would stop being so lazy and spell it out, these abbreviations are not universal ya know.

Those are some nice pictures by the way Astronomer, nice little ship design as well.

Edited by JonBar
Added props to Astronomer

I really wish people would stop being so lazy and spell it out, these abbreviations are not universal ya know.

Well typing EVE is much easier then typing Environmental Visual Enhancements.

Could be worse - some game forums, entire posts bar conjunctions and such can be acronyms: "I SS BLS - opp. BTH but I FL"

Well typing EVE is much easier then typing Environmental Visual Enhancements.

Surely it is, but what advantage is there to being even more lazy than most people already are?

I mean come on, you are just moving your freakin' fingers!

Surely it is, but what advantage is there to being even more lazy than most people already are?

I mean come on, you are just moving your freakin' fingers!

I tend to have to go through and fix typos in my messages due to the way I type, so less words is better, and you should really have learned what these abbreviations mean. You've been on these forums just about as long as I have according to your join date.

I tend to have to go through and fix typos in my messages due to the way I type, so less words is better, and you should really have learned what these abbreviations mean. You've been on these forums just about as long as I have according to your join date.

I do know most, but some can be confused with each other; PF could be Procedural Fairings or Planet Factory, or a few others for sure.

Like I said, you are only moving your fingers, not much effort there.

I just have a quick question regarding the volumetric clouds. I apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread - I tried searching for it. Anyway, I've noticed that no matter what the normal cloud layers look like (such as from map view), there will always be volumetric clouds above you. For example if it looks like I'm launching on a cloudless day, or flying through a part of Laythe where I see no clouds in map view, there will still be volumetric clouds all over the place at certain altitudes. Are the volumetric clouds not intended to match the visual cloud patterns in map view?

I just have a quick question regarding the volumetric clouds. I apologize if this was covered earlier in the thread - I tried searching for it. Anyway, I've noticed that no matter what the normal cloud layers look like (such as from map view), there will always be volumetric clouds above you. For example if it looks like I'm launching on a cloudless day, or flying through a part of Laythe where I see no clouds in map view, there will still be volumetric clouds all over the place at certain altitudes. Are the volumetric clouds not intended to match the visual cloud patterns in map view?

Do you have the prerelease overhaul and Texture Replacer? If yes to both of those questions you have to go into your texture replacer folder and open @default.cfg. Find:

// Prevent unloading for textures whose paths are matching the following  // regular expressions. Some mods access and modify textures so they shouldn't
// be unloaded.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
keepLoaded = /FX/ MFD ^BoulderCo/Clouds/ ^Romfarer/textures/ ^WarpPlugin/

and change it to:

// Prevent unloading for textures whose paths are matching the following
// regular expressions. Some mods access and modify textures so they shouldn't
// be unloaded.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
keepLoaded = /FX/ MFD [B]^BoulderCo/Atmosphere/[/B] ^Romfarer/textures/ ^WarpPlugin/

that'll fix it.

-Snip-

I don't think I have texture replacer, and I have the version of EVE that's linked in the OP of this thread. Does that mean anything?

EDIT: I'm using Astronomer's Visual Pack which I understand might not be compatible with the overhaul versions?

Edited by Cashen

I do know most, but some can be confused with each other; PF could be Procedural Fairings or Planet Factory, or a few others for sure.

Like I said, you are only moving your fingers, not much effort there.

Well there is only one EVE, and I'm pretty sure there are no other issues with conflicting abbreviations besides the one you mentioned.

It won't work with overhaul no. It uses a different config format so if you want to use any packs then you need 7-3.

Alright. I'll just deal with the ever-present volumetric clouds for now until such a time I can change that.

I've just tested overhaul9.2 on 0.24 and it works just fine, only difference is I can run 3 times as many part mods and hd textures now without half the memory glitches I had before... and that's without even using ATM. It's way more stable than the 3rd party 64x mod.

..Now just for that overhaul 9.3 ;)

Haven't launched KSP for 2 months, but now that .24 is here and 64bit has fallen from the sky.... I'm doing the rounds of the mods I follow.

I hope everything is ok for you Rbray in real life, and I'm still very much looking forward to your fantastic EvE project. Thanks for your continued involvement. :)

I found this in my windows KSP64x log:

ERR 16:02:26.582] [ModStatistics] Error while inspecting assembly Terrain. This probably means that Terrain is targeting a runtime other than .NET 3.5. Please notify the author of Terrain of this error.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'Terrain'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModStatistics.ModStatistics.getAssemblyTitle (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0