[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

When i am on dark side of Kerbin, i still can see the clouds quite clearly - is there a way to tune that down so the dark side is completely dark ?

change the cloud min light value to 0 (i have mine to 0.01) via the ingame menu Alt + N in the advanced section

That doesn't make them dark though. That only makes them slightly less white.

Hmmm... if you post a picture, I can tell you if that is as dark as they get. They should be able to go almost as dark as Kerbin is on the night side. The problem with lighting is that there is a bit of global lighting in place.

This mod have power, gentlemen! Do it shine!

No more weird clouds...

u49Pahh.jpg

A3gpyfZ.jpg

At the image, 8k Clouds, new HD bump and detail... with shadows... :cool:

Definitive version 10k Clouds cooming soon!

Edited by Proot

I was trying to create a 10k clouds for better aspect of clouds at closer Kerbin cameras or better aspect under clouds... but I can't find a way to use bigger textures than 8k. No matter if I use transparent png or TGAs.

If I use TGA the file seems not be loaded, some jool clouds appears in their place.

If I use PNG (compressed or not) all appears white.

Have this mod some limit at 8k textures?

Or must I jump from 8k to 16K to textures to use better resolutions? No way to use a mid step?

Look the clouds at the bright side of Kerbin in my captures. You can notice "terrain" shadows under the clouds. It's a little trick: two different cloud layers at different distances but same velocities. Bottom layer dont use bump or detail, it just a blurried black copy of the white clouds (0.5 alpha in the .cfg), to make the shadow effect. You can't see the shadows from the ground (like you can`t see the city lights) but from planetary perspective works perfectly, IMMO.

I'm gonna share this, but I was trying to make a bigger texture than 8k for the main clouds...

BTW... I made new city lights too... more subtle and realistic, you can see it from high distances, but not from space. (the kerbals live under earth, so their cities don't make so much luminic pollution as us...)

z1NfMeb.jpg

Edited by Proot

I was trying to create a 10k clouds for better aspect of clouds at closer Kerbin cameras or better aspect under clouds... but I can't find a way to use bigger textures than 8k. No matter if I use transparent png or TGAs.

If I use TGA the file seems not be loaded, some jool clouds appears in their place.

If I use PNG (compressed or not) all appears white.

Have this mod some limit at 8k textures?

Or must I jump from 8k to 16K to textures to use better resolutions? No way to use a mid step?

8K is the largest image possible for Unity. Nothing can go larger.

I have just finished work on a major overhaul on the rendering mechanism, and I need some beta-testers for the next release. I had to do this in order to support volumetric rendering. THIS IS A TEST RELEASE, but I do need feedback: https://github.com/waka324/VisualEnhancements/releases/tag/PQS-TEST-RELEASE

EDITED THE LINK.

Edited by rbray89

PQS? You have my interest. :)

Any changelog or commit history? The commit history even in that branch seem to date only to December, unless I'm using git wrong.

Seperate branch... Looks like I goofed with the label assignment. I just updated the release to point to the correct branch.

https://github.com/waka324/VisualEnhancements/tree/PQS-Sphere

erm.

http://imgur.com/1glQt41,WYCuNHQ,kFCNSSH,mTrvZkj#0 Also, the city lights just instantly coming back and leaving is rather wierd. I do like the way the city lights look on terrain now! Now i wish that i could make a sort of copy of them but change said copy to only appear in the day, add a city texture and bam, happy face.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

This is what I'm seeing at Kerbin with the PQS test build (deleted ve6-7 first)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Pretty good really, but that's just what I had in orbit at the time

Is there a testing schedule? (high/low + equitorial/polar @ kerbin, duna, jool, laythe etc?)

[Edit] When you get a bit lower, the mountains suddenly pop up through the cloud layer

JgRqY7X.jpg

Edited by NoMrBond

I'm having an issue with the clouds on Duna. They look like this:

B44k915.png

394ydy1.png

I'm using the 2-15 aggressive texture compressor, and RSS, but I don't have problems on any other planets. I'm also using the latest version of this.

I used the GUI to reset it to default, thinking maybe something got messed up, and it fixed it, but now there are no clouds at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is what I'm seeing at Kerbin with the PQS test build (deleted ve6-7 first)

http://imgur.com/a/rb8Ov

Pretty good really, but that's just what I had in orbit at the time

Is there a testing schedule? (high/low + equitorial/polar @ kerbin, duna, jool, laythe etc?)

The seam is from the texture... I think it has been reported by others already in the existing versions. I'll have to checkout the orbit issue though. Definitely not expecting that.