Getting a rover and Jeb to and from Eve

I'm looking to slap ALL of the science on a rover so Jeb can drive around Eve and do some science, dispose of some bodies... you know, Kerbal stuff. I just need some suggestions on how to reattach his rover to his ship.

Edited by vexx32

I'm looking to slap ALL of the science on a rover so Jeb can drive around Eve and do some science, dispose of some bodies... you know, Kerbal stuff. I just need some suggestions on how to reattach his rover to his ship.

Well, if it's an Eve only expedition you could just transmit all the data home and leave it there... otherwise I'd suggest a well placed docking port...

but don't listen to me, i've never even been to eve...

Edited by vexx32

I've been there once, but I had to cheat to get off... I landed 7 Kerbals there before I even knew how to get anyone off Duna...

I want all of my science to come back, I don't want to lose most of it by transmitting it.

You don't lose any science by transmitting it, why? Because you can send it back MORE THEN ONCE.

Overall, you get the same amount of science

Well, my first instinct is to tell you to send the rover with the lander, and only bring home the lander, while leaving the rover there.

Also, you might want to make the transfer stage with a docking port and a bunch of extra fuel so that you can dock to that and go home.

Or, go Apollo style and make a separate transfer stage with command pod and EVA the kerbals over to bring them home.

You don't lose any science by transmitting it, why? Because you can send it back MORE THEN ONCE.

Overall, you get the same amount of science

I would even add to this, you get the same amount of science in only one mission ;) So transmitting is overal a lot more efficient

Taking off from eve is HARD. Most who do it, including me, only send a chair and a kerbal back. The final stage on my eve-return lander, worth over 4000 m/s dV, was a small fuel tank, probe core, chair, and rockomax 48-7s.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.