Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Oh, and if you are curious, the error is:

-RemoteTech 2 exclusive parts do not show up in VAB or SPH. Not in the tech tree, not available for vehicles, nowhere no how. It goes so far as to even say that they don't exist, and that vehicles made with them have invalid parts. Sandbox works perfectly fine.

-HOWEVER, any ships already launched with said parts (in career mode) will retain them, and I even loaded up a ship that still had it's communication dishes, it mostly appears that the game *thinks* that they are an item that doesn't exist for selection purposes, but not for gameplay.

Thank you, Metalsand. That is exactly the behaviour I experienced (except that I didn't have any ships already launched with RT2 parts).

And, a re-install did fix the error. I am now seeing the RT2 parts and my comm sats are operational - I had to launch a manned mission to dock with each one and extend the communotron, but it works now.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Warren and I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've been a long time fan of RT2, and it saddened me to hear that nobody was able to pick up the baton. I'd like to step up along with some of the other developers who have voiced interest to continue Cilph's excellent work.

I'd like to arrange a meeting over something like Google Hangouts this weekend between myself and other developers to discuss the future of the mod and where priorities should lie. If you're interested in getting involved, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Warren.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Warren and I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've been a long time fan of RT2, and it saddened me to hear that nobody was able to pick up the baton. I'd like to step up along with some of the other developers who have voiced interest to continue Cilph's excellent work.

I'd like to arrange a meeting over something like Google Hangouts this weekend between myself and other developers to discuss the future of the mod and where priorities should lie. If you're interested in getting involved, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Warren.

I'll be there. PMed

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Warren.

Yea! U can count on me. The last few days I had already fixed some bugs for KSP 23.5 on my github RT2 Branche :wink:

Btw. Thanks Cilph and JDP and the other for this great mod!!

Edit: PMed

Edited by Peppie23

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Warren.

Ha, lurker here as well. PMed.

Can someone upload it to Mediafire or something?

There's a download link here: https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/releases

EDIT: Well poopie, that's a source download, not a release like I thought it was. Alright, let me take a look at licensing to see if we can redistribute.

EDIT2: Redacted because I didn't read the fine print.

Edited by Raven.

There's a download link here: https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/releases

EDIT: Well poopie, that's a source download, not a release like I thought it was. Alright, let me take a look at licensing to see if we can redistribute.

Hi Raven,

We're already working on the 1.4.0 release, which will hopefully be out soon. I've asked the others if they're ok with reposting the 1.3.3 release in the meantime, I'll know one way or the other later today.

Hi Raven,

We're already working on the 1.4.0 release, which will hopefully be out soon. I've asked the others if they're ok with reposting the 1.3.3 release in the meantime, I'll know one way or the other later today.

That's good to hear. I look forward to hearing from you. Is the 1.4 release going to have all the new features that Cilph was talking about earlier?

Hey guys,

I was experimenting with RemoteTech, at first because the gameplay mechanic was getting tedious to me, but since the mod stopped working-ish it also became a project to get it to work.

Anyway, long story short I removed the gameplay mechanic(need to set up communications network), and fixed all the parts so they function like stock transmitters. They all work and I was able to condense everything to just the parts, no dlls and plugins here.

[Removed by the Moderation team]

So yeah, if you love the look of the dishes and antennea as much as I do this edited mod is for you.

Edited by sal_vager

Hi Lanceo90, unfortunately you will need the permission of the makers of those parts to redistribute them, this is part of the license from the first post:

The source code of this project is freely available under the GPLv2 license. Artwork belongs to their respective creators and may not be redistributed without their permission. This means the plugin as a whole may not be redistributed.

Hi Raven,

That just sounds awesome :)

That's good to hear. I look forward to hearing from you. Is the 1.4 release going to have all the new features that Cilph was talking about earlier?

Unfortunately, no, those will have to wait for a later version. Cilph's new features were a little too ambitious to put together on short notice. However, the new release will have full 0.23.5 compatibility, along with a ton of bug fixes.

That said, the old version of RemoteTech is now available for download from the new repository. This is not the new release (seriously, I was asked to make that very clear). We're working to have version 1.4 out in about a week, but it's not here yet.

Cilph, can you please update the OP? Thanks!

Unfortunately, no, those will have to wait for a later version. Cilph's new features were a little too ambitious to put together on short notice. However, the new release will have full 0.23.5 compatibility, along with a ton of bug fixes.

That said, the old version of RemoteTech is now available for download from the new repository. This is not the new release (seriously, I was asked to make that very clear). We're working to have version 1.4 out in about a week, but it's not here yet.

Cilph, can you please update the OP? Thanks!

Starstrider42, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you. If there's anything I can do, then let me know.

Edited by Raven.

Just making sure here... This mod's development is far from over right ? There are people that are willing to step up to the task ?

Because my upcoming mod release will be dependent on this mod for all components to work in a "perfect" symmetry.

[...]We're working to have version 1.4 out in about a week, but it's not here yet.[...]

Better take one week more and test carefully than rushing a bugged version. But i'm really happy to see that it is going on.

Did anyone think of the problem that as soon as the connection is lost, you can't return to Space Center?

Did anyone think of the problem that as soon as the connection is lost, you can't return to Space Center?

I've never heard of that one. Please post on the issue tracker, with a description of when it does/doesn't happen, persistence file, modlist, KSP_Data/output_log.txt, etc. Anything that will let us reproduce the problem.