Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Alas this did not work, only the original ground station "came into being"

I also tried with them all having the same name just in case that was the issue. No dice

You want, I send you a cfg ?

Edited by Mecripp2

You don't have lat and log -- do you know them ? is this for RSS ?

Both Vasious's original post and the edited version did have lat and long. I removed them because they seemed concerned about spoilers.

Vasious, I'm afraid I've run out of advice on the subject. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I quote:

"Lastly, there is the command one. Currently only provided on the large probe stack by default, it allows a vehicle consisting of 6 or more kerbals to act as their very own Mission Control. While science transmissions need to route back to the Kerbal Space Center at all times, these do allow you to give control to any vehicle connected to them."

What is a "large probe stack".

I have a ship with 42 Kerbals on board, but it doesn't seem to function as a Mission Control.

Also, any idea what "Antenna Locked" means ?

I quote:

"Lastly, there is the command one. Currently only provided on the large probe stack by default, it allows a vehicle consisting of 6 or more kerbals to act as their very own Mission Control. While science transmissions need to route back to the Kerbal Space Center at all times, these do allow you to give control to any vehicle connected to them."

What is a "large probe stack".

I have a ship with 42 Kerbals on board, but it doesn't seem to function as a Mission Control.

There is a probe core with IsRTCommandStation = true, it's internal name is probeStackLarge, human readable name is RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit, I believe you need to have that core on board of a vessel in addition to 6 or more kerbals in order for it to act as a mission control.

Also, there has been a config for AIES posted not far back in this thread, I believe (although I didn't test it) beside other things it adds remote control functionality to every AIES core (which is not necessarily a good thing).

The overlapping text in the texTimeQuadrant (warp/met in upper left of screen) was getting to me. https://www.dropbox.com/s/twad3h3z733pp7w/RemoteTech2-texTimeQuadrant-fix.zip. Just merge with your GameData folder and overwrite the file.

Thanks for this. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Didn't have a clue how to fix it myself...

For all you smart guys who are going to fix this. After letting the game run for about 8-9 hours in normal speed, my satellite duplicated and exploded. This is with the DLL that supposedly fixes it. There may be some very small bug that causes the duplication to still happen after long periods? Or maybe under an extremely exact circumstance? Just tossing in a bug report is all.

For all you smart guys who are going to fix this. After letting the game run for about 8-9 hours in normal speed, my satellite duplicated and exploded. This is with the DLL that supposedly fixes it. There may be some very small bug that causes the duplication to still happen after long periods? Or maybe under an extremely exact circumstance? Just tossing in a bug report is all.

Please post to https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues, following the bug report guidelines, including an output_log.txt. Knowing there's a bug around is handy, but knowing when it does and doesn't happen is much better.

Thanks!

EDIT: Possible duplicate issues are https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/217, https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/187. Did you see any terrain problems in your case?

Edited by Starstrider42

how do i get output.log? If it happens again I'll snag it, I reloaded to a quick save I had.

Thinking there is 2 logs but 1 , I'm drawing a blank, But in your KSP folder you will see a KSP.log it's a text file.

Thinking there is 2 logs but 1 , I'm drawing a blank, But in your KSP folder you will see a KSP.log it's a text file.

Everything in KSP.log is also in KSP_Data/output_log.txt. Please do not send the RT2 team (or any other mod developers, for that matter) KSP.log; it's much less informative for bugfixing.

Edited by Starstrider42

Please post to https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues, following the bug report guidelines, including an output_log.txt. Knowing there's a bug around is handy, but knowing when it does and doesn't happen is much better.

Thanks!

EDIT: Possible duplicate issues are https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/217, https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/187. Did you see any terrain problems in your case?

The symptoms i had was after detaching a probe and switching to it, the space the controls became unresponsive, and when i went to Space Center, I had terrain texture problems. It looked almost if as I have fallen through the Kerbin planet, but could see sky. When I restarted KSP, came back to the probe, there were 2

This sounds like an issue I've noticed, as follows:

1. I fly an airplane.

2. I activate the five F.A.R. flight assist controls during my flight

3. I land successfully and turn to another mission -- either a launch or a new flight.

4. In vacuum, with SAS on, I get SAS and FAR flight assist fighting with each other, leading to what feels like an uncontrollable vessel with massive "phantom forces" and wobble

You have to turn FAR off for the second craft, or indeed whenever you get out of the atmosphere. Otherwise FAR will continue to try to orient your craft relative to the "ground" right below you.

I'm having some major huge issues with the flight computer being basically completely unusable and I'm curious if there is something I'm missing.

The major issues I'm seeing:

When selecting a attitude hold mode (NODE for example), this ship will wildly rotate toward the node vector, but will massively overshoot it. Appears to be failing to account for maximum torque vs current angular momentum or something. I can tell from the code that it attempts to prevent this issue, but it is failing miserably as far as I can tell. I overshoot the maneuver node by 60-70 degrees and begin oscillating around the node

After settling on the node (using time warp to freeze rotation). Sometimes when either new command is added or coming out of warp the computer will decide I'm no longer aligned and (particularly common with the GRD+/- vectors) my orientation will be slightly off and the ship will rotate aggressively....in the opposite direction of the vector.

Maneuver node execution fails to account for delay when calculating burn time and so executes late

Canceling a maneuver node causes the gui to crash when opening the flight computer queue. Log shows a spew of:

[Exception]: OverflowException: Outside range [MinValue,MaxValue]

Maneuver node execution lacks ability to control accuracy. Worse when combined with the above attitude hold causes oscillation issue, maneuver node execution ends up completely broken. When the craft gets down to the last few m/s and the node begins to drift the ship thrashes about wildly as it tries to follow the node.

So... if this mod is NOT 0.23.5 COMPATIBLE what are we supposed to do? I really wanted to use it :/

It is not SUPPORTED, that is very different from not being COMPATIBLE. As has been stated many times it DOES WORK IN 23.5! The minor bugs that are present, such as the tracking station connection lines, will not be fixed. There is no reason not to use it if you want to as many including myself do use it without major issues.

RemoteTech2 works with 0.23.5? That hasn't been my experience. I don't see any of the communication dishes in the VAB and I can't get any communications to unmanned craft. Even if I send up one docked to a manned craft: as soon as I undock the other craft becomes uncontrollable.

Is there something I have missed?

Edited by cpottinger

RemoteTech2 works with 0.23.5? That hasn't been my experience. I don't see any of the communication dishes in the VAB and when I can't get any communications to unmanned craft. Even if I send up one docked to a manned craft: as soon as I undock the other craft becomes uncontrollable.

Is there something I have missed?

Is it installed correctly? GameData/RemoteTech/ not somewhere else. Do you have one and only one copy of ModuleManager in your GameData folder? And if you're in career mode have you actually unlocked the dishes in the R&D center?

I have a little issue when using dish antennae:

when I'm selecting "Mission control" as a target - it displays "No target" for target. The connection still works. It's only a matter of info displaying.

Many thanks for this mod support! The updated antenna angle markers are super!