Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

You can also easily adjust the angle after you attain a KSO orbit, it will require some warp time (and a minuscule amount of fuel) to do it though.

1. Circularize to a 6hr 2868km orbit.

2. Drop or raise your periapsis by about 100km according to the target angle you are trying to attain.

3. Timewarp until you get to a phase angle at apoapsis you are content with.

4. Circularize.

Edited by Dante80

Ive been looking around, but couldn't find an answer, so here it goes: What do the four little buttons on the bottom right hand corner do? I know one shows the path of connection, but the other three are a mystery.

Ive been looking around, but couldn't find an answer, so here it goes: What do the four little buttons on the bottom right hand corner do? I know one shows the path of connection, but the other three are a mystery.

Left to right;

path of active connection to KSC / Command center

visual indicator for cone angles (if you have any dishes targeting planets/moons)

potential connection paths (cycles: omni, dish, omni+dish, none)

menu for setting up dish targets (needs an active connection (i think))

path of active connection to KSC / Command center

This is not always drawn for me, even when it should (probe ship with working connection to KSC).

Something I noticed, Infinite EVA Fuel in the debug allows signals to go through the planets. A few pages ago someone asked if there was a way to do that.

Huh?! :D

This is not always drawn for me, even when it should (probe ship with working connection to KSC).

Only works for the active ship and when it is focused, if your focus is for example the body you're orbiting, the connection path to the ship isn't drawn.

I've had a couple issues outside of that where the path wasn't visible, but nothing I've been able to reliably replicate :/

Something I noticed, Infinite EVA Fuel in the debug allows signals to go through the planets. A few pages ago someone asked if there was a way to do that.

I agree with KerbMav, "huh?" with a slice of wth? :D

I was surprised when I noticed it, I thought something had glitched with my game, hit ALT-F12, and infinite EVA fuel was on from earlier messing around. Turned it off and the connections went back to normal, toggled it a few times to be sure.

Getting the correct phase angle's not too hard though.

Just needed to find the right math for it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IX6ykVb0xifBrB4BRFDpqPO6kjYiLvOcEo3zwmZL0sQ/edit?pli=1

Get a graphing calculator to do that, or you can follow one I already plotted below:

A hohman transfer to a target from a 200 km (circular) orbit to a 2868 km orbit has a phase angle of ~92 degrees.

That means, for your burn, your destination position needs to be 92 degrees ahead of you at the time of your transfer burn. When burning for arranging keosync satellites, your 'target' is going to be an imaginary spot above your desired coverage position. Don't worry about getting it down to a degree or two. You've got enough play with distances at that altitude that it doesn't really matter.

When putting up a constellation, just imagine your target spots in relation to an existing satellite.

So in short. Set up for a 200x200 km orbit. Wait until your vessel is coming up on a right angle from your target point in KEO, and do your burn.

Also, if you use Mechjeb, to set a geo-stationary sat right over mission control, set up a 40 degree ascent angle, with start gravity turn at 12k and end at 2866k. Your sat ends up at 2866k directly over mission control, use a little rcs to tweak your ap to 2868 and then circularize, and make sure you fine tune your orbital period to 6 hours. then just add more sats where you want them.

Am I the only one that gets lag with this mod? It works fine with a few satellites in orbit, but once I get a good sized relay in orbit around Kerbin and its moons, I get a large fps drop and my game stutters every few seconds. By stutter I mean it stops playing music and stops updating the frames. It only does this when I load the save game. I do have a rather large amount of mods if that matters. I could try building another satellite relay and bring the amount of mods down to only a couple and see if it still lags. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Define "good sized relay". Also have in mind that lag depends on the total number of flights the game has to track (and that includes debris and flags too), its not only relevant to mods or active vessel part count.

Am I the only one that gets lag with this mod? It works fine with a few satellites in orbit, but once I get a good sized relay in orbit around Kerbin and its moons, I get a large fps drop and my game stutters every few seconds. By stutter I mean it stops playing music and stops updating the frames. It only does this when I load the save game. I do have a rather large amount of mods if that matters. I could try building another satellite relay and bring the amount of mods down to only a couple and see if it still lags. Any help or suggestions would be great.

The more ships and parts you have in the solar system, the slower things are going to get. Mods or no mods.

i cant go out of Kerbin’s SOI

i want to go to duna and my satellite tells me i am connected but nothing works

i dont have any ting @ duna

and any idee why my satellite's going crazzy ? start spinning

can any one help me ?

Edited by Spooks

Here's a quick ModuleManager file that will add RT2 to any probe type command pod that doesn't already have it, for those of you who run mods and don't want to add each pod manually.

@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Probe],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Just save this as anything .cfg and put it in your RT2 folder.

Define "good sized relay". Also have in mind that lag depends on the total number of flights the game has to track (and that includes debris and flags too), its not only relevant to mods or active vessel part count.

By "Good sized relay [network]" I meant enough satellites to reach mostly everywhere in the Kerbin system (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus). So about six around Kerbin, two around the Mun (and a probe lander on the close side of it), and a lander on the north pole of Minmus. I was still adding more satellites until I was confronted by this odd stutter that renders the game rather unplayable. Is there any way I can fix this lag or am I just going to have to wait until the game is optimized more or I decide to get a better computer?

Edited by Deejay2000

Here's a quick ModuleManager file that will add RT2 to any probe type command pod that doesn't already have it, for those of you who run mods and don't want to add each pod manually.

Beautiful! Just this morning I was dreading going in and upgrading all my AIES probe cores, and now I don't have to. Thank you.

a lot of ppl seems to have same issue...

its IMPOSSIBLE to see on screen "comms status" window. so its imposible to lists com sats etc. any clue? any HELP?

i cant control any sat if i cant see the proper window. no one can help me? on space port some one posted the same as last comment. so something is happen!

Edited by razanon

a lot of ppl seems to have same issue...

its IMPOSSIBLE to see on screen "comms status" window. so its imposible to lists com sats etc. any clue? any HELP?

i cant control any sat if i cant see the proper window. no one can help me? on space port some one posted the same as last comment. so something is happen!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-22-RemoteTech-2-v1-2-6-November-16-Flight-Computer!?p=804772&viewfull=1#post804772

Or does that button not work/exist? Or are you talking about something completely different?

One feature that I wish RT2 had was the ability to schedule raising and lowering of antennae. With two I can do it: antenna A is active, B is inactive, set A to lower in 60 seconds, and B to raise in 6060 seconds. For 6000 seconds the craft is not connected but it automatically raises with a delay allowing the connection to resume. This saves lots of power on long flights to hibernate the connection.

The problem is that bringing several large antennas is impractical just to schedule the lowering and raising at the same time. You can't do that for a single since only the currently-available action is schedule able. If action groups could be added to RT2's repertoire that would workaround the issue.