Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

so for some reason my sat wont recon with MC @ kerbin

there are 2x 50Gm sat dishs attached

(snipped photo)

any help would be greatly apriciated

This is the old Remotetech. This thread is for the new one by Cilph (Which btw does not have a 50Gm dish).

This is the old Remotetech. This thread is for the new one by Cilph (Which btw does not have a 50Gm dish).
What remote tech is that? That doesn't look like RT2.0.
I have no clue what's going on with your satellite because I have no clue how it's built or setup. As far as I can tell, you don't have RemoteTech installed.

thanks guys i see the prob, will try again with new remote tech

Hello there been playing around with remote tech recently and I just noticed that the Reflectron SS-5 shows up in my tech tree, registers as purchased but yet isnt available in the vab/sph. I tried deleting the mod and "reinstalling" a fresh copy still nothing. It doesnt show up at all in a sandbox save but at least in the career I can see the part in the tree hence why I started wondering where it was haha. Any ideas?

Hello!

Is there any faq on Flight Computer? As it is useless unless you know how to operate it, obviously. If not, than is it possible to set flight computer docking command?

Thank you for the help!

Hello!

Is there any faq on Flight Computer? As it is useless unless you know how to operate it, obviously. If not, than is it possible to set flight computer docking command?

Thank you for the help!

I made a tutorial vid, check my sig.

I'd be impressed if you managed to dock using the flight computer!

Is there ANY way to disable Communication delay? When I sent a lander to Laythe, it crashed because of the communication lag, which is why I want to know how to disable it.

If you go into the remoteTech folder and edit the settings file, there should be a field for signal delay that you can set to "FALSE"

Hey,

I have a small problem here and im not sure what to do anymore. The situation is this: I have a satellite orbiting around Duna with a Reflectron GX-128 (400 Gm dish range) and a CommTech EXP-VR-2T (5 Mm omni range).

http://i.imgur.com/mAgI4Vo.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZH7r1D4.png

As you can see, it has a connection. I also have an unmanned lander with the CommTech EXP-VR-2T: http://i.imgur.com/bnR2Iqs.png

It is within a 5 Mm range of the satellite and it even shows me that they are connected on my map but i still dont get a connection on my lander. http://i.imgur.com/hrpj8Pw.png

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of help here. My RT2 simply seem to have completely stop working.

I already replaced the gamedata folder thinking would solve but nothing. As you can see on the following printscreen, none of my coms relay sats have any kind of connection between them not even with base and maned station with 5 kerbals there.

No connection from small antennas 2.5m, no connection from 50M dishes and no connections from all 60G, 350G and 400G dishes. Also 500K antenna seem unable to connect to the base on the launchpad. Got a bunch of relay sats all equipped with 500Km, 5M, 60M and 350G antennas and dishes... none working :(

Is there anything I could do, to make RT2 to work again or the only way is to restart my game and ditch RT2? Any tips are really appreciated. Many thanks

57EC3F6DA166A2FA313CDC82890EE84789E7BEF6

Something of which I am always wary of is the "active vessel" setting.

If you use it while flying to another planet it will work. But as soon as you put your satellite (with the long range dish) into orbit and try to control the lander, the dish at home will target your lander and not built a connection to your satellite - your lander has no long range dish though.

Might be the case here?

Question: How did you land??

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of help here. My RT2 simply seem to have completely stop working.

I already replaced the gamedata folder thinking would solve but nothing. As you can see on the following printscreen, none of my coms relay sats have any kind of connection between them not even with base and maned station with 5 kerbals there.

No connection from small antennas 2.5m, no connection from 50M dishes and no connections from all 60G, 350G and 400G dishes. Also 500K antenna seem unable to connect to the base on the launchpad. Got a bunch of relay sats all equipped with 500Km, 5M, 60M and 350G antennas and dishes... none working :(

Is there anything I could do, to make RT2 to work again or the only way is to restart my game and ditch RT2? Any tips are really appreciated. Many thanks

Start by uploading KSP_Data/output_log.txt.

Hey,

I have a small problem here and im not sure what to do anymore. The situation is this: I have a satellite orbiting around Duna with a Reflectron GX-128 (400 Gm dish range) and a CommTech EXP-VR-2T (5 Mm omni range).

http://i.imgur.com/mAgI4Vo.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZH7r1D4.png

As you can see, it has a connection. I also have an unmanned lander with the CommTech EXP-VR-2T: http://i.imgur.com/bnR2Iqs.png

It is within a 5 Mm range of the satellite and it even shows me that they are connected on my map but i still dont get a connection on my lander. http://i.imgur.com/hrpj8Pw.png

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Does the ship have a connection to Kerbin via "active vessel" targeting, or is the satellite at Kerbin targeting the relay ship? Because when you switch from the ship to the probe, the active vessel wont be the relay ship anymore, so if it doesn't have a dedicated connection it's not going to be in a condition to relay the signal to the probe.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Guess the forum didn't like me being lazy and copypasting my previous response to a similar situation.

Something of which I am always wary of is the "active vessel" setting.

If you use it while flying to another planet it will work. But as soon as you put your satellite (with the long range dish) into orbit and try to control the lander, the dish at home will target your lander and not built a connection to your satellite - your lander has no long range dish though.

Might be the case here?

Question: How did you land??

Ah, that was the problem >.< I forgot to point the Satellite at Kerbin to my satellite at Duna. Can´t belive i missed that. Thanks a lot for your help.

To your question: I didn´t land it yet. The unmanned probe is a rescue mission for Jeb who is stranded on Duna. It hopefully has just enoguh fuel to land and put him back into orbit around duna and then he can get into the main ship.

I thought the two had some problems (the kOS terminal not catching space or backspace keypresses, for example), but I was able to use them together without noticing any problem the other day.

I kind of meant whether kOS and RemoteTech are functional. Are they aware of each other or are you able to use kOS even out of RT range?

Unfortunately, kOS has some sort of range implementation, so it is important that that gets overridden.

Last I checked, right now kOS ignores signal delay but also loses all control when out of remotetech contact. The range system of kOS has to do with accessing the ground archive, not control.

Last I checked, right now kOS ignores signal delay but also loses all control when out of remotetech contact. The range system of kOS has to do with accessing the ground archive, not control.

Depending on your playing style that could amount to the same thing :) I understood work was being done to have KSP do the one or the other, but whether that was actually implemented I do not know.

Hi everyone! Some time ago I've seen a nice picture somewhere in this topic, but I can't find it now... It was about "how make almost 100% signal coverage of the Mun using only two satellites". I mean variant with satellites on same Kerbin's orbit, as the Mun, but one with +phase angle, just ahead of Mun SOI and second behind.

Could anyone help me with that? O:-)

Hi everyone! Some time ago I've seen a nice picture somewhere in this topic, but I can't find it now... It was about "how make almost 100% signal coverage of the Mun using only two satellites". I mean variant with satellites on same Kerbin's orbit, as the Mun, but one with +phase angle, just ahead of Mun SOI and second behind.

Could anyone help me with that? O:-)

Hi, I can't point you to that picture (I don't think to have seen that), however I know how to make as you described. I call it "faking the use of the lagrangian points L4 and L5" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point), as in reality one could use L4 and L5 to station vessels in a stable orbit, but in KSP (thanks to its simpler calculation of gravity, always restricted to two-bodies) you can do the same by just entering the same orbit of the secondary body, just keeping outside the sphere of influence of that body is enough. According to the KSP Wiki, Mun's SOI is 2429.56 Km, so if you get in a circular orbit @ 11400 Km altitude from Kerbin, almost 0° inclination, at a distance just a little more than the Mun's SOI, you are in the perfect position. One satellite forward (L4), one satellite behind (L5), both with dishes pointed at Mun: voilà.

BTW, once you reach the orbit, the most important value to match is the orbital period, has to be the same as Mun's: 1 d 14 h 36 m 24.4 s (you don't need exact matches instead for apoapsis/periapsis nor eccentricity=0).

Edited by diomedea

@diomedea: Yes, I know about L4&L5, but this is not an option. 1) Largest omnidiractional antennae have only 5Mm range, 2) L4+L5 Sats left ~16% of Mun surface uncovered. Instead of >95% coverage on optimal positions...

@diomedea: Yes, I know about L4&L5, but this is not an option. 1) Largest omnidiractional antennae have only 5Mm range, 2) L4+L5 Sats left ~16% of Mun surface uncovered. Instead of >95% coverage on optimal positions...

I don't know how you get those figures. However:

1) You can use the omni antenna (Communotron 32) with 5000Km range: that has way more range than required as you can sit your satellites just outside of Mun's SOI at 2429.56 Km. However I would prefer to use dishes, so don't have even that range restriction.

2) With any satellite while at a distance of 2429.56 from Mun's center, you have visibility of 45.89% of the surface. Two such satellites on (almost) opposite sides cover 91.77 % of the surface (they don't have to be exactly opposite, as the angle each of them has between Mun's center and the tangent to the surface is 4.72°, they may be at an angle of 4.72° in relation to the Mun's center). Of course, the more distant the satellite, the larger the surface covered. At 5000 Km from Mun's center, Mun's radius is seen at an angle of 2.29°, each satellite covers 48.0% of the surface, and two such satellites 96.0 %.

EDIT: Fourth: For you coder types, there's a new kOS integration implementation on my github. It's been there for a while, but I haven't passed it off to testing yet. Feel free to compile and try?

Not specifically noted toward Cilph, but rather anyone who can help. I managed to compile the source from one other plugin in the past, I think it was the subassembly loader back when that was needed.

I got the RT2 source from Git, but can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm missing something (literally, and figuratively), I dunno. This is only the 2nd time I've tried something like this so I guess you could say I'm a n00b as far as this goes LOL. When I try to build from the RT2 source (using RemoteTech2.csproj in xamarin studio 4.2.2, on win7) it says there is an error, but doesn't say what it is. In the window pane that lists all the files, it shows GlobalSuppressions.cs, but it's not found (highlighted in red). I imagine the problem is somewhere with that....

Ok, I decided to try one of the other suggested compilers from the wiki (SharpDevelop) and it at least told me what the problem was. I think I was missing some MSBuild extensions so I got those, then I discovered (duh me) that there are file paths in the project file that point to where everything is on the developers system, so I changed those to match what I have as far as where my copy of KSP is. Then it was giving me an error about the line where it creates the zip file. Even after changing it to match my KSP installation and such it still gave me a problem so I just removed that line and the build completed successfully. I have yet to run it though so I don't know if it's gonna work or not lol. I did make a backup of my persistent and quicksave files though just in case. ;)

There seems to be a bug with the gx-128, it doesn't work.

When using it on a long range satellite and facing them on eachother through targetting they still are not connected.

The strange thing is that when i focus it on a other satellite which uses a Communtron 88-88 it does get connected. i know the angle of a long range version is smaller but like i said they are both faced to eachother through targetting.

This makes long travels with a satellite rather impossible, unless you make a huge one with a computer control.

As you can see here, http://cpdv.home.xs4all.nl/KSP%202013-12-10%2021-55-15-41.jpg it is suppose to be connected however it shows as not connected.

Edited by Daisai