Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

It seems that flight computer doesnt handle node execution with imbalanced crafts wery well..

I learned it high way, both maping sattelites that i brought with mannex expedition useless :)

It seems that flight computer doesnt handle node execution with imbalanced crafts wery well..

I learned it high way, both maping sattelites that i brought with mannex expedition useless :)

flight computer not perfect. probaly flight computer be better when it has kos is better think it was. bah cliph knows whaqt he wanted to do lol.

me i avoid having long delays by haveing stations in key systems to act as a relay. normaly a station in jool and 1 around eve can keep times down

I'm happy with this mod, and don't play KSP without it. Whatever Cilph chooses is good for me, even though I like "Active Vessel" the way it is. I don't understand how the groups will achieve the same functionality, but when I get my hands on it I'll probably figure it out.

I just have to ask, apart from manned command stations in nearby orbit, how do you deal with landing unmanned probes? Do you do it manually, by setting various nodes, by using surface retrogade and calculating dt and dv...? My most almost-successful automated landing on Minmus was using surface retrograde, but the dv exceeded the needed ammount by just a bit, causing the ship to tumble violently at the last moment. I'll try to send a kill rotation command just prior to ending the burn next time.

Also, can you setup multiple nodes? The way I do with Alarm Clock is to add a new maneuver node alarm, delete the nearest node and add a new maneuver alarm. When I load the deleted node from Alarm Clock, the second node gets into the right position automatically. Not so with flight computer, the node seems to point in the direction relative to the orbit without the first maneuver.

Then after executing the first node, the computer shuts off attitude control, instead of keeping pointed at the node. Currently I time a NODE command by hand just prior to the second execution, but it'd be nice if it reoriented itself for a second maneuver.

I just have to ask, apart from manned command stations in nearby orbit, how do you deal with landing unmanned probes? Do you do it manually, by setting various nodes, by using surface retrogade and calculating dt and dv...? My most almost-successful automated landing on Minmus was using surface retrograde, but the dv exceeded the needed ammount by just a bit, causing the ship to tumble violently at the last moment. I'll try to send a kill rotation command just prior to ending the burn next time.

For the Mun and Minmus, I've used surface retrograde and managed thrust in real time. I had to switch from follow-retrograde to hold vertical position (fortunately, that's the default attitude for "custom") or SAS on final approach, otherwise the computer gets confused when you touch down.

For landing on other planets that approach won't work.

Edited by Starstrider42

Hey guys, I think Im having a 'newbie' problem with Remote Tech, or it may be a bug.

I have used low orbit sats with just an omni antenna connecting occasionally - that works as expected.

However, I have just launched a sat with 4 dish and an omni into geosync orbit.

It works fine, I launch, switch to dish pointing at mission control, Then circularise so that mission control is always below.

Thats not the issue.

I then launch a second craft, to compliment the first, and this is where things go weird.

If I:

Direct the second crafts dish at sat1, then 'switch' to sat1, sat1 no longer has a dish link to mission control.

If (after reloading) I point a dish at sat2 from sat1 (A different dish, not the connection to mission control) - the same thing happens.

In short, After losing multiple sats to 'losing target with mission control' on the dish - I am at a loss.

The sats will ALWAYS lose their connection with mission control due to losing their target.

On one sat (my first geo actually) - I even have the dish 'active' - but 'target unknown'.

Any ideas? I am trying to play an ultra realistic career, and this is... well its costly and annoying (Im playing with mission controller as well).

Hey, I've been playing with the RealSolarSystem 5.5 mod, I just changed it to the 6.0 pre-release and it worked perfectly, Kerbin is now like Earth but the Mission control is located in South America, approximately somewhere in Equador. How would I go about changing the location of the Mission Control to Florida, Cape Canaveral, I believe?

Hi guys,

I've been using RT2 with the duplication hotfix for quite some time now in my mod-heavy interstellar quest like game. I've recently started to encounter more and more lockups and game crashes when entering the tracking station, even when directly going there after loading the game. I've turned off RT2 to be able to continue playing. As I really like the mod, does anyone else encounter this issue, and is there a fix I can try?

Cheers,

ATuinhek

Hi guys,

I've been using RT2 with the duplication hotfix for quite some time now in my mod-heavy interstellar quest like game. I've recently started to encounter more and more lockups and game crashes when entering the tracking station, even when directly going there after loading the game. I've turned off RT2 to be able to continue playing. As I really like the mod, does anyone else encounter this issue, and is there a fix I can try?

Cheers,

ATuinhek

Vessel duplication no real fix other than removing them with the tracking station/save file. You can avoid tracking station crashing by going to the launch pad first, it shouldn't crash then, at least map view doesn't.

ive never had the game lockup in the tracking station it might have something to do if there to many satilives and it overloads the game.

Yeah that has been my gut feeling as well. It seems to get more frequent as the number of ships increases. Jumping ship from the launchpad helps, but isn't always an option.

I have not found this on the wiki or searches of the forum, is it intentional that the M-38 Unoccupied Guidance System module not have the requirement for a data connection, ie functions as a manned module?

This has probably been covered already somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm running RT2 with Interstellar on the KSP Interstellar tech tree. All of the dishes show up in the tech tree and unlock when I buy a node, but only one of the two dishes that node unlocks show up in the VAB/SPH. Such as the SS-5 and KR-7, only the KR-7 shows up to build with. I just checked the .cfg file for the SS-5 and am wondering if this is because the category is set as -1? Are there updated .cfg files floating around somewhere, or do I just need to edit them myself?

This has probably been covered already somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm running RT2 with Interstellar on the KSP Interstellar tech tree. All of the dishes show up in the tech tree and unlock when I buy a node, but only one of the two dishes that node unlocks show up in the VAB/SPH. Such as the SS-5 and KR-7, only the KR-7 shows up to build with. I just checked the .cfg file for the SS-5 and am wondering if this is because the category is set as -1? Are there updated .cfg files floating around somewhere, or do I just need to edit them myself?

Actually, that *is* the updated .cfg file. According to the second post in this thread, the SS-5 and LL-5 shouldn't be used anymore. I imagine the category = -1 is specifically to keep anyone from using them by accident.

I love this mod! Doing a career and just unlocked enough tech to begin building my network. Will launch my satellites to train their dishes on the Mun and Minmus so I can begin playing with unmanned rovers on them.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to embed imgur galleries. What did I do wrong?

Edited by federally

Hi Cliph,

I know you are busy working on RT2 for the 0.24 update, but could you please just confirm if the requirements will stay the same for the Command Center in your 0.24 RT2 update?

Unless I am mistaken it was 6 Kerbals on a ship/station that has Large Remote Guidance unit (RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit (Large Probes)), right ?

Edited by Grunf911

Hi Cliph,

I know you are busy working on RT2 for the 0.24 update, but could you please just confirm if the requirements will stay the same for the Command Center in your 0.24 RT2 update?

Unless I am mistaken it was 6 Kerbals on a ship/station that has Large Remote Guidance unit (RC-L01 Remote Guidance Unit (Large Probes)), right ?

There was talk to make it a setting that the user can set which, I think is nice that the user can pick and .24 is more then likely going to break save's.

Hi Cliph,

Settable from the perspective of the part. Default remains 6.

Man, I have so not been working on RemoteTech lately. Need to crank up the pace since I expect 0.24 to hit next month. I'm not even CLOSE to done.

I'll be taking 0.23 offline when the update hits. If I'm not done by then, tough luck. I intend on releasing 0.24 complete with documentation and fully tested.

DYJ and Kommit have signed up to do two new dishes. Starstrider42 is currently taking care of some user documentation. Give them some applause from me.

Edited by Cilph

Settable from the perspective of the part. Default remains 6.

Man, I have so not been working on RemoteTech lately. Need to crank up the pace since I expect 0.24 to hit next month. I'm not even CLOSE to done.

I'll be taking 0.23 offline when the update hits. If I'm not done by then, tough luck. I intend on releasing 0.24 complete with documentation and fully tested.

DYJ and Kommit have signed up to do two new dishes. Starstrider42 is currently taking care of some user documentation. Give them some applause from me.

*Applause for the support team*