Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Why is Jool the best place to make contact? I do not understand. Kerbin Command is right there. So are two other command posts, both within omni range. The polar orbiter even has access to a kerbostationary satellite with both omni and a DTS-M1 dish pointed directly at Kerbin Command. Do I need to point a CommTech-1 at Kerbin or something?

http://i41.tinypic.com/21ndzyq.jpg

Why is Jool the best place to make contact? I do not understand. Kerbin Command is right there. So are two other command posts, both within omni range. The polar orbiter even has access to a kerbostationary satellite with both omni and a DTS-M1 dish pointed directly at Kerbin Command. Do I need to point a CommTech-1 at Kerbin or something?

It's that yo mama is visiting Jool and the combined the mass is so big, that it pulls the communications towards it. :cool:

Maybe someone at planet poked it in the wrong data port accidentally, and it's not accepting input from them anymore. :sealed:

Nope, I have no idea. I have to suggest checking that all the connections you think are there actually are, but since you've probably done that already I don't really have anything. I was going to suggest that maybe it's going for least amount of hops and ignoring the distance, but it should have just as or even shorter path hopwise to the planet it's orbiting, so guess there goes that theory.

Curiosity killed the Martian(no cats on mars, afaik), but what happens if you sever the link to Jool temporarily? :huh: Does the satellite start behaving or does it start pouting and stop communicating altogether? :o

In my main game I noticed that a number of my communication probes in orbit, when I take them in control and exactly when I use the RT2 Flight computer (to change their orientation or to stop rotation), they start shaking violently and are reduced to pieces. I have resorted to only manually control them.

Must say beyond RT2 (ver 1.2.7) I have a number of other mods installed. Is there anything I could do?

In case this could be useful to isolate any bug in RT2, should I provide any further info?

Nope, I have no idea. I have to suggest checking that all the connections you think are there actually are, but since you've probably done that already I don't really have anything. I was going to suggest that maybe it's going for least amount of hops and ignoring the distance, but it should have just as or even shorter path hopwise to the planet it's orbiting, so guess there goes that theory.

Curiosity killed the Martian(no cats on mars, afaik), but what happens if you sever the link to Jool temporarily? :huh: Does the satellite start behaving or does it start pouting and stop communicating altogether? :o

Severing the Jool connection is the only way to keep the game from locking up if I want to actually use the Jool station as the active vessel. Loading in Jool Command = game freeze and RAM leak. There might be a bigger problem here.

Turning off the only connection to Jool does default everything back to Kerbin Command. Turning the Kerbin->Jool dish back on defaults to Jool. The Jool station is the most recent Command Post built.

Edited by BigD145

Idk if i'm doing anything wrong, but i can pilot unmanned vehicles without antennae. I followed the instructions just fine. I can't transmit science without antennae though.

Scratch that, it was an unmanned cockpit from NP...

Edit: anyone knows how to add a part to work with the mod? I've got a list of all the unmanned parts from my other mods but i'm not sure how to make the mod recognize them as unmanned...

Edited by Zidane

Ahahaha. If your signal delay is off, the game sees both routes as equal cost and doesn't care which one it picks. I should factor distance in there...

Ahahaha. If your signal delay is off, the game sees both routes as equal cost and doesn't care which one it picks. I should factor distance in there...

Would signal delay off also cause a Command Post to preference itself and start trying to divide by zero when looking for connections?

Would signal delay off also cause a Command Post to preference itself and start trying to divide by zero when looking for connections?

No, because it can't connect to itself. Not that this would cause a divide by zero.

"Divide by zero" is not always used in the literal sense. It's sometimes used to encompass other math snafus. I'll have to kick up an issue on git for the OTHER thing going on in my system (with a log). The game crashing one. It'll probably be tomorrow. I've run out of time today.

Can I have a bit of info on how the Additive system works with multiples antennas? So far my understanding of it was that ,as I read somewhere: "range between two node = smallest node range + √(smallest node range*long node range).

But how is a given node range calculated, does multiples antennas means the node range is the sum of the antennas?

For example I have two nodes with 6.4Mm distance between them and a clear sight. One has one 2.5Mm antenna and the other has four 2.5Mm. So I tought it would give me 2.5+√(2.5*4*2.5)= 7.5Mm range but the nodes are not connected with each other, am I missing something here? :confused:

PS: after lots of test I find out that the two nodes lose the connection at 5.8Mm, is it normal?

Edited by gwichy

This may have been answered somewhere in this vast thread, but I'm having a problem in Career Mode.

Everything works fine in Sandbox, but in Career mode, the flight computer always says "N/A" and any dish I use doesn't have the option to target anything.

The Red dot is over KSC in Map Mode, but otherwise nothing else functions.

Mods:

Deadly Reentry

KW

TAC

Proc Fairings

KAS

Kethane

Romfarer Lazor Docking Cam/Mount Cam

A long-standing plan of mine is finally complete!

Mobile Field Command Truck on site and on line!

CommTruckDeployed_zps6ae5ed41.jpg

1: A Mk IV superheavy aircraft.

Use a weighted brick to simulate a cargo mass, find the center of mass with selected cargo weight, and prepare the transport by installing KAS winches.

2: Six KAS winches bolted to the cargo bay floor and reinforced with heavy struts.

3: Design a truck that can fit in the bay. This truck weighs ~11,000 kg fully kitted. (Houses 6+ kerbals and has a probe core to make it a mission control) Double check cargo transport center mass with cargo weight to ensure it can hold.

4: Spawn truck on runway fully ready to go, back off runway and put in park.

5: Spawn heavy transport on the runway. Open doors and turn on lights.

6: Drive truck into cargo hold.

7: Get a kerbal to run around and plug the winches into the KAS connector ports.

8: Tighten the winches down to secure load.

9: Fly transport to 10,000 meters and use Lazor system to set a destination and fly there.

10: Wait an hour-thirty while the transport flies.

11: Descend and land... carefully.

12: Deploy load...

13: Have load get stuck because it rides too low.

14: Damage front tires getting the command truck unstuck.

15: Fix tires...

16: Park truck, deploy antennae.

Mobile Field Base online and ready to link satellites on the far side of Kerbin.

Cliph, how about the idea to add some radio functionality to connected vessels, like radio chatterer?

Maybe, merging original RadioChatterer functionality with RT2, with disabling chatterer?

Edited by MaxP

Edit: anyone knows how to add a part to work with the mod? I've got a list of all the unmanned parts from my other mods but i'm not sure how to make the mod recognize them as unmanned...

Open the .cfg files in RT2 folder and copy a section for a pod, change the name in the copied section to the one you want to add.

Can I have a bit of info on how the Additive system works with multiples antennas?
Please don't use NathanKell's range system yet ;) It has a bug that I haven't yet pushed his fix for.

Umm, am I out of date or what's with people using the additive system? That being fixed isn't in the changelog at least. :|

Pretty sure this wont be a cut and paste for the WIKI, but THANK you! I'll give this a shot and see what happens as I am failing at the non boring kind of comms.

Yeaah.... Doing guides really, really isn't my forté ^_^

Still, you were brave enough to give a whirl at making sense of it, so I am curious to hear if you get things working. :)

hi have a noob problem, in almost every capture im seeing an options menú, like face some object with your antenna. i CANT put that menú on screen guys. i need some help

wiki says :

"The first time RemoteTech runs, it creates a config file (Settings.cfg) in you KSP folder in:

\PluginData\remotetech

You can open this in a text editor such as notepad. The available options should be self-explanatory.

You can also press <modifier key> + f11 to access the settings in-flight."

cant see how :S

Edited by razanon

Spaceport link gives me only 1.2.6 ?

Edit: A lie!

Only the headline is still 1.2.6 ...

Which leaves me puzzled - you did extract the RemoteTech folder from the download into the gamedata folder in KSP?

----------

RE: Flight Computer

How can I pre-programme more then one node?

And: If I set a node and let him orient my craft to NODE, enter m/s and delay accordingly, it will burn the last couple of dV.

Edited by KerbMav

Spaceport link gives me only 1.2.6 ?

Edit: A lie!

Only the headline is still 1.2.6 ...

RE: Flight Computer

How can I pre-programme more then one node?

And: If I set a node and let him orient my craft to NODE, enter m/s and delay accordingly, it will burn the last couple of dV.

Check the link on spaceport, the filename says 1.2.7 but the header/title for the page wasn't changed. At least thats the way it was a week or 2 ago when I downloaded it. Duh if I had read your edit first...lol