Riddles

vexx32

It's BEES!
I do believe that Majorjim hit the nail on the head. :D

He did indeed.

Always changing, never the same, -- A colony of bees is constantly moving.

But always one in nature and name, -- A colony of bees is one name. And it's natural.

Always wandering, always collecting -- Worker bees are always wandering, collecting nectar intentionally, pollen unintentionally

But never travelling, and never detecting -- A beehive doesn't move (and never detecting runs on to the next line)

What their true importance is to us all, -- They don't know how important they are by pollinating plants

For without them, even the mighty could fall, -- Well they say if bees went extinct, plants would start dying out, and most land-based animal life might too, but how true that is, I'm not sure. Hence could and not would.

They all have their lives, they all have a quest, -- They live. They survive.

But one of their number is more than the rest. -- The Queen Bee.

Their movement defies the laws of nature, -- Bees wings appear too small for their bodies. Ultra-high speed cameras show they move their wings in a unique way to get more lift. Rather like an infini-glider (no, not really...)

Never knowingly make them hate-yer. -- Because you might get stung.

EDIT: So it's Majorjim next

Edited by TheMoonRover

I do believe that Majorjim hit the nail on the head. :D

Woohoo! My first correct answer! It was "But one of their number is more than the rest" That convinced me it was a Bee hive.

:D I enjoyed that.

E D I T:

There's no way I could write one of these...

Edited by Majorjim

I feel ya. I was thinking it was some sort of physiological thing since animals were deemed wrong. (But I guess that's what happens when you sleep in all the time.)

Yeah, "animals" wasn't specific enough. So I made sure I worded my "no" in such a way that the word animals was wrong, without saying animals were wrong.

<snip> but the answer is not animals

EDIT: Majorjim, I've not been here long, but as far as I can tell, what usually happens if the person who won the riddle doesn't want to write one or takes too long about it, someone else can post one. It doesn't have to be really difficult though. It doesn't even have to rhyme.

Edited by TheMoonRover

Phew.. Now someone can write a proper one!

Well, I didn't answer quickly enough, but I guess I could give another one so everyone can have time to come up with their own.

Running without legs

Screaming without voice

Slicing without knives

All without choice

Howls without ring

Rumbles without quake

For to hear one sing

Is to die in its' wake

What is it?

Edited by Xannari Ferrows
I see what you mean, MoonRover. This is ridiculous.

Wind? ie a tornado?

Sadly, no. Try again! (Remember: water is a decent first guess; what does it sound like?) Oh god I'm probably giving away the answer like that, but whatever.

(although I will admit, tornado fits pretty well, but falls apart at the 3rd to last line)

- - - Updated - - -

Something I need to mention. The answer is a little more specific than a generalized answer, so it may be a bit harder to find if you think in generals. Try to think specific phenomenon! (Oops, did I just give it away?)

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.