Riddles

vexx32

On the fruity theme, an apple?

EDIT:When reading a riddle, any word or phrase could be literal, metaphorical, or somewhere between. Especially if it's one of your riddles!

Nope.

And yes, it's metaphorical, but I honestly couldn't think of even a metaphorical connection between something like that and bones... :P

Is it hair? Or the scalp?
Nope. :)
(I'm thinking something along the lines of a boiled egg shell. Could you at least tell us how close we are, if not even remotely? Say, 1-100? Xan's not gonna be able to sleep tonight with this. Not that he sleeps at night anyway...)

EDIT: Amber?

Nope and nope. :)
Scott Manley's scalp!
... strangely creepy. Nope. :)
I'm not sure how it fits much of it, but is it a navel?
Or maybe wool... No, not steel wool. That would make no sense.
Is it tape? Like scotch tape?
Correct! :D (I would also have accepted Sellotape, duct tape, masking tape, packing tape, etc.)

Your move. :wink:

We are that which has many faces,

Found everywhere, in all places,

Higher still, to the furthest reaches,

And in many things, from bread to bleaches.

One of a kind, yet not only one,

We become lighter and burn like the sun.

Heavier, and we become quite strange,

Coming apart like a bomb on the range.

Unstable isotopes?

EDIT: Yeah, no, forget that. Umm... lets see... Antimatter?

EDIT: Forget that even more. Geez man. Okay... Mariyate, what do you think? (Hydrogen or Helium atoms? Specifically, Helium-4?)

Well I guess Nuclear Fusion would burn you like the sun and make you lighter. Not recommended by athletes from... everywhere.

(...Ohhhh I get it^^ That's weak...) Unfortunately yes...

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

Well, time for a breakdown.

We are that which has many faces, - It has many variations

Found everywhere, in all places, - Fairly self explanatory

Higher still, to the furthest reaches, - We cannot know this, for what it is

And in many things, from bread to bleaches. - It is inside every natural thing

One of a kind, yet not only one, - There is only one of it, yet there is more of what it is

We become lighter and burn like the sun. - It loses mass and irradiates energy on a stellar scale

Heavier, and we become quite strange, - If it gains mass through any means, it changes drastically...

Coming apart like a bomb on the range. - And divides itself just as a bomb would during detonation

(I'll stick with my Hydrogen/Helium-4 atoms for now) I'll accompany her with Nuclear fusion.

Not feeling too inspired now, so here's a non-original riddle. Or puzzle, really.

Two men go to watch a film together. It's in a public place and lots of other people are also watching. At the end of the film, one of the men stabs and kills the other. The killer is able to take the victim's body away without attracting any attention. How?

(related: most mirrors actually have a green tinge, so in truth their intrinsic color is in fact green; you can see this by setting up an infinite reflection contraption and looking into it where the reflection is repeated a lot of times)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.