Riddles

vexx32

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on a new riddle, I'm afraid. I need sleep for this kind of thing :P

A rule against unsolvable riddles? Hmm. I dunno. Like, if it's really super specific and not something you might be able to pick up from around the place, sure, it's a bad idea, but something general like a decently well-known character should be okay. If I start restricting things we can make riddles about, people are just gonna go looking for loopholes and asking for exceptions all over the place. Just have to trust people to use common sense, I think... Besides, worst comes to worst, we all spend a week or so of being frustrated, give up, then get a new riddle going.

Edited by vexx32

But some things have to be restricted, like most people (me for example) haven't even watched Doctor Who, it's like if I would make a riddle about a person and the answer is Herr Nilsson. Do you know who that is? Most likely, no.

If you're curious now, Herr Nilsson is the original name for Pippi Longstocking's monkey.

The point is, some shows are not all that known all over the world and should therefore not be factored in to the riddles.

Is it actually fair that some people can't solve some riddles because they are dependant on that everyone has seen a certain TV show?

Eh, I'll give it an "I advise against" clause.

Now then... Oh, I'm too stressed to think of a real riddle at the moment, sorry guys. You've probably heard of this one before, but hey. Give it a go.

Ripped from my mother's womb,

Beaten and burned,

I become a bloodthirsty killer.

What am I?

Clues:

Mother's womb: Indicates that is is a non-monotreme mammal (i.e. NOT platypus/enchidna/etc.)

Beaten and burned: I have no idea. Maybe a baby permanently traumatized since before birth due to abuse to the mother and her getting burned somehow? (I'm thinking of the accident scene in Out of the Dust.

I become a blood thirsty killer.: Anything that kills would fit this line.

Thus: a murderer?

Hopefully this isn't one of your hard ones.

Gold or other precious metals?
No, not really. I don't see how precious metals themselves are bloodthirsty killers.
Clues:

Mother's womb: Indicates that is is a non-monotreme mammal (i.e. NOT platypus/enchidna/etc.)

Beaten and burned: I have no idea. Maybe a baby permanently traumatized since before birth due to abuse to the mother and her getting burned somehow? (I'm thinking of the accident scene in Out of the Dust.

I become a blood thirsty killer.: Anything that kills would fit this line.

Thus: a murderer?

Hopefully this isn't one of your hard ones.

You're taking it far too literally, friend :D
Gold/precious metals in general have caused fights in the past for wealth, so maybe?

Along with the fact that supernovae often make these elements....

Perhaps the "mother" is a star?

Nope. Something that causes a fight is not itself bloodthirsty.

Disease?

A birth defect?

Cancer?

Early birth?

Can we get a hint?

This is hard...

None of the above. You're considering the idea of a womb far too literally. A womb is merely a beginning.
is it a white dwarf star?
Nope :)

Yes, iron ore it is. :) (I suppose copper fits, too, that was used for weapons before the Bronze Age)

Next time I'll have to stop being lazy and make a properly difficult one, ehehehe. Your move :D

I'll make one Monday afternoon, coming home from vacation VERY late Sunday and school Monday. Is that fine by you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.