[Discontinued][0.22+] Dynamic Warp

StratoK

The keys do not seem to be remapped. Is this supposed to happen?

Yes.

I don't have 0.23 yet, so i decided to upload arsenic87's version. Maybe he can help you out. Currently I can't ('til I have .23).

But i can make a non-Numpad .22 version if you like?

Edited by StratoK

Yes.

I don't have 0.23 yet, so i decided to upload arsenic87's version. Maybe he can help you out. Currently I can't ('til I have .23).

But i can make a non-Numpad .22 version if you like?

Don't Worry i figured out how to change the source code to let me use minus and equals like in the older versions. Thanks anyway for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

All keyboards have some ability to emulate the numpad keys on the right (even non-English keyboards.) This is most often an issue with laptops due to size considerations, but desktop keyboards can be made without the permanent numpad keys as well.

How you go about emulating the numpad keys will vary VERY widely by keyboard manufacturer and the intended market for the keyboard / laptop. Generally, you may note that many of the keys on your non-numpad keyboard have secondary characters in them, often printed in shaded or off-color tones so as to distinguish the keys from the primary QWERTY layout. Often, there is a "secondary function" key somewhere, sometimes labeled "fn" or "{f}", or possibly something in no way similar to that. Worse, maybe the symbol you're looking for has been rubbed off of the key entirely, if it's old enough.

At any rate, some careful google-fu will likely tell you how to use numpad key references on a keyboard that has no numpad on the righthand side, but I am absolutely convinced that there is no such thing as a keyboard that is completely incapable of it.

And indeed, since use of those secondary function keys often remaps the entire keyboard while the activation key is pressed, this may create for some awkward flying situations in KSP where the remapped key is something you also need access to, like throttle controls or what have you. I know that you can get separate external USB-enabled numpads for very cheap, often for less than $10 over the internet.

Seems the mod doesn't work with 0.23.

I changed the variable in question to the new one and updated real quick..

I'm having a problem with your version, when I press Alt and Num -/+, then the time does warp, and can be unwarped, but it "doubles" itself. pretty much I press Alt+Num- and it says Dynamic Warp: 0.5 and under it Dynamic Warp: 0.25. sometimes it gets a 3rd one in aswell, I tried redownloading this multiple times and it didn't help :/

I'm having a problem with your version, when I press Alt and Num -/+, then the time does warp, and can be unwarped, but it "doubles" itself. pretty much I press Alt+Num- and it says Dynamic Warp: 0.5 and under it Dynamic Warp: 0.25. sometimes it gets a 3rd one in aswell, I tried redownloading this multiple times and it didn't help :/

Check out the Jan-5 version. This should be fixed ;)

(snip)

......some careful google-fu will likely tell you how to use numpad key references on a keyboard that has no numpad on the righthand side, but I am absolutely convinced that there is no such thing as a keyboard that is completely incapable of it......

(/snip)

This guy never owned an Asus G74SX :sticktongue:

For whatever reason, Asus, in their brilliance, decided that gamers didn't NEED true numpad, so they put a numpad on the keyboard (separate from the main numerical keys, mind you) that... get this... emulates[ the main numerical keys instead of functioning as numpad keys. I know! Brilliant, right? They later released a BIOS update which would correct the issue; however, their notoriously difficult BIOS updates assumes that everyone owns a USB stick formatted to FAT32, which you can flash the bios from instead of just making their WinFlash utility actually work correctly... *cough* anyways, rant over. Just had to chime in that there are an unfortunate few without the use of a Numpad. XD

... Is this not exactly the same as the games timewarp function?
Could you perhaps explain what this does differently from the stock time warp?
Yes, what's different?

1. It lets you slow down time. Very useful for seeing exactly how something is failing, or doing some tricky piloting, or just watching awesome slow-mo explosions

2. The normal in-game physics timewarp works by increasing the amount of time passed per physics step. Your PC does the same amount of work, but there is some distortion in the physics calculations when it's done this way. With Dynamic Warp, it instead just makes your PC perform the normal calculations more often. This lets you speed up time without distorting physics, which is great for flying planes long-distance or for doing simple routine launches. Using the two in combination lets you reach higher than normal warp speeds, which is very nice for long ion drive burns.

Im a Bad programmer , I know. :)

I am very busy with school stuff atm.

I don't have a Windows machine, I am using Monodevelop in ubuntu. That means if it works for me it doesn't have to for you.

And it's pretty much guessing if it does in Windows/MacOs

I haven't really looked at Spaceport yet. Maybe I'll get familiar with it today.

Please use the older .23 release.

Next up: GUI

Im a Bad programmer , I know. :)

I am very busy with school stuff atm.

I don't have a Windows machine, I am using Monodevelop in ubuntu. That means if it works for me it doesn't have to for you.

And it's pretty much guessing if it does in Windows/MacOs

I haven't really looked at Spaceport yet. Maybe I'll get familiar with it today.

Please use the older .23 release.

Next up: GUI

If you're doing a GUI, I'd reccommend Blizzy's toolbar (most of us are already using it as well.)

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming the release in OP is the current one, I noticed a couple problems with your code that explain why slow speeds tend to "jump" instead of moving smoothly. What you want is to change Time.timeScale and Time.fixedDeltaTime by the same percentage and leave Time.maximumDeltaTime alone. Also, the previous limit on 1/64'th speed was due to the fact that at lower speeds the physics engine breaks (probably floating point errors) and your craft is exploded and taken by the kraken to its secret lair. (not kidding)

I edited and compiled my own (also with limit as 1x being the fastest because all it did was lag at higher speeds, as well as changing the keys to semicolon and quote and removing the alt key requirement) but I don't want to post it without permission.

First, tanks for the info.

Second, of course you can post. This is what's so great about the wtfpl license. You can do what the f* you want to ;).

I currently have like 2 tests a day and I'm not the best student :). But this weekend I will have time again, and I will release an 'official' version w/ blizzys toolbar integration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.