[Discontinued][0.22+] Dynamic Warp

StratoK

First, tanks for the info.

Second, of course you can post. This is what's so great about the wtfpl license. You can do what the f* you want to ;).

I currently have like 2 tests a day and I'm not the best student :). But this weekend I will have time again, and I will release an 'official' version w/ blizzys toolbar integration.

Cool. Just a further note, if you do allow time-speeds above 1x, your current method is kinda ok, and my method will NOT work. What my version does is actually increase the precision as the game slows down, so going the other way will just garner the same effect stock KSP has. You could implement something where each direction is different calculation wise, but to be honest, I don't see where greater than 1x speeds are helpful because all it does is lag your computer.

EDIT: I'll explain a little better. When yours sets the time speed above 1x, it literally tells the game to spend up to one second calculating physics (processor intensive) and then render a frame (gfx intensive). If you increased the time speed while maintaing accuracy without murdering the framerate, the unity engine would actually just undo your effect by slowing down the physics to render frames (like in stock when the MET counter goes red), and you would get no change in game speed.

Also, heres a little clip of the smooth slowmotion for you and anyone else who might want to see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32dkgmjg1wm75c4/Slowmo.mov

And my compiled version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqf2qrq2bn88jtr/DynamicWarp.dll

Edited by Xaiier

I went ahead and made a little GUI with a slider and a toggle, I'm going to post it in a new thread, I'll link it here.

If you want to, you can keep care of this plugin. I'm not really into this game at the moment. But as I said, only if you want.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.