[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I haven't looked at the values yet, so no. I usually just have MechJeb keep me oriented parallel so all I have to worry about is translating into position. I haven't done a fully manual docking in quite a long time, but even then I usually just faced one craft normal and the other anti-normal.

If it's getting the wrong values from RPM in the first place, there's probably little I can do. I can tweak and rearrange the displays as far as how the info is laid out, but anything wrong with the source code, that's beyond me.

I haven't looked at the values yet, so no. I usually just have MechJeb keep me oriented parallel so all I have to worry about is translating into position. I haven't done a fully manual docking in quite a long time, but even then I usually just faced one craft normal and the other anti-normal.

If it's getting the wrong values from RPM in the first place, there's probably little I can do. I can tweak and rearrange the displays as far as how the info is laid out, but anything wrong with the source code, that's beyond me.

Well from your screen shot it appears like it may be working on your computer. Exactly zero degrees delta x and y and 90 degrees delta z. (I guess your autopilot gets precise values.) This has me completely stumped. I'm wondering now if there's a mod conflict but I've tried it removing damn near every mod in my folder.

Well from your screen shot it appears like it may be working on your computer. Exactly zero degrees delta x and y and 90 degrees delta z. (I guess your autopilot gets precise values.) This has me completely stumped. I'm wondering now if there's a mod conflict but I've tried it removing damn near every mod in my folder.

I just installed the Lazor docking cam to test, loaded up the same craft, then undocked so I could redock. The Z axis doesn't seem to always work. Both the X and Y axis seem to work properly - rotating left or right increases the value of X, and up or down increases value of Y. This time however, the Z axis didn't change, it always stayed near 0 regardless of how high or low, or off-center I was.

Mihara : I think the problem with the Dev version of MJ are not related with the version number but with this COMMIT.

core.target.Orbit was renamed in core.target.TargetOrbit to avoid confusion with core.target.orbit ( lower case o ). So it's most likely the origin of the problem.

This did it, thanks.

Hmm well I think I did update, but I'm actually using the SuperHyomoto configs, which obviously have the older version number displayed, as well as some custom changes to the screens (my PFD screen actually shows overall velocity and altitude at the top, which was something I felt it was missing.) I could really care less about separating horizontal and vertical velocity TBH.

1.) Will using the v1.1 MFD cause any incompatibilities with RPM, Module Manager, or my ATM config's that you can think of? I've been getting intermittent crashes since trying to use the SuperHyomoto config and always end up going back to the "vanilla" v1.2 (still not completely stable, but better).

2.) Can anyone with a stable working RPM/Hyomoto MFD config answer what versions of ModuleManager they're using, and whether you have custom Active Texture Management configs/any other nuances that you've had success with? I'm really trying to get this working with stability but I"m not having much success.

3.) Do I need to do something special to get the docking button to work? I always get "cam not available", and have been using a "flawed" workaround of HullcamVDS standard camera to eyeball docking maneuvers (not fun).

4.) MechJeb within RPM/Hyomoto MFD: the smartASS module says "not present" despite me having mechjeb clearly installed...should I not be using dev versions of mechjeb?

---

God, I'm needy--any help on these would be greatly appreciated!

<snip>

1, No. Well, none that I can think of. The only ATM config I have touches the base RPM, not Hyomotos.

2, I have MM 2.0.5, but I haven't really played much since getting that version. 2.0.1 played nicely with it though. This is the MM ATM config I mentioned in 1:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = JSI
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
JSI/RasterPropMonitor/.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
filtering = Bilinear
make_not_readable = true
}
JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ExampleMFD/
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
filtering = Bilinear
make_not_readable = true
}
}
}

3, You need to select a docking port as the reference part in the Target Management menu.

4, Correct - the dev builds of MJ are not compatible with RPM. The only one I know for sure that is, is the one off of Spaceport, 2.2.1 I think as that was the one 0.16 of RPM was compiled against.

The RPM config was partially flawed FYI this is the correct version

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = JSI

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

filtering = Bilinear

make_not_readable = true

}

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ExampleMFD/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

filtering = Bilinear

make_not_readable = true

}

}

}

Hmm well I think I did update, but I'm actually using the SuperHyomoto configs, which obviously have the older version number displayed, as well as some custom changes to the screens (my PFD screen actually shows overall velocity and altitude at the top, which was something I felt it was missing.) I could really care less about separating horizontal and vertical velocity TBH.

Sort of an odd chime-in: The purpose for showing separate velocities is mainly for landing, as I need to know if that 4m/s is lateral or not. RPM doesn't support some features that would really let me go wild with custom views so its sort of a fight for usability versus practicality. Just wanted to explain my reasoning for doing so.

Sort of an odd chime-in: The purpose for showing separate velocities is mainly for landing, as I need to know if that 4m/s is lateral or not. RPM doesn't support some features that would really let me go wild with custom views so its sort of a fight for usability versus practicality. Just wanted to explain my reasoning for doing so.

That actually makes perfect sense, thanks!

3, You need to select a docking port as the reference part in the Target Management menu.

Sorry, a bit confused by "Target Management Menu". I'm not aware of a dedicated menu, unless you're referring to something within RPM/HyomotoMFD?

You mean by physically clicking on a docking port on another ship and setting it as a target?

Sorry, a bit confused by "Target Management Menu". I'm not aware of a dedicated menu, unless you're referring to something within RPM/HyomotoMFD?

You mean by physically clicking on a docking port on another ship and setting it as a target?

You can see the target management menu in one of the screenshots in the first post of this thread. It's the same screen for both 'vanilla' rpm and hyomoto. Although I think with hyomoto you have to click the target tab at the bottom of the screen as an extra step to get there. If all else fails, just press buttons until you find it. It's pretty easy to find. :)

You can see the target management menu in one of the screenshots in the first post of this thread. It's the same screen for both 'vanilla' rpm and hyomoto. Although I think with hyomoto you have to click the target tab at the bottom of the screen as an extra step to get there. If all else fails, just press buttons until you find it. It's pretty easy to find. :)

Thanks!! Ill check it out.

♥ this mod! I just wish that there would be some more data available...for things like rendevouz with stuff in an high eccentric orbit. Maybe something like map view.. i donno...

♥ this mod! I just wish that there would be some more data available...for things like rendevouz with stuff in an high eccentric orbit. Maybe something like map view.. i donno...

The orbit screen does a decent job of drawing your trajectory like the map view, probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch to implement a screen that also allows you to add and edit maneuver nodes. I've been messing around with Forced IVA, and the only way to delete nodes is through the map view, let alone adding and changing. We sorely need a screen to edit maneuver nodes!

Also, might I suggest another idea?

Would it be possible to name the cameras in the VAB? Then when in IVA it could display the camera name at the top of the screen? When having many cameras, this would be immensely helpful identifying which camera is which.

i was wondering if the SCANsatRPM.dll file included here in RPM mod is supposed to be in the GameData > SCANsatRPM folder, cuz when i moved the SCANsatRPM.dll file to the GameData > SCANsat main folder, i get this message that i placed the dll file in the wrong directory, but the mapping for the monitor in the cockpit starts to work

i was wondering if the SCANsatRPM.dll file included here in RPM mod is supposed to be in the GameData > SCANsatRPM folder, cuz when i moved the SCANsatRPM.dll file to the GameData > SCANsat main folder, i get this message that i placed the dll file in the wrong directory, but the mapping for the monitor in the cockpit starts to work

You should never move files out of their original location. This is the quickest way to screw up mods, it might still work, or seem to work, but it's always a bad idea. Even parts-only mods can depend on their files being in a specific location.

My apologies if this issue has already been noted here already.

In stock pods with RPM, when navigating options in the MechJeb, SCANsat, and VesselView screens, the 'Back' key sends the menu to the top-level MOD select screen instead of just up one level. So, if I go a few levels into any mod's options, it's not possible to back out and change options down other trees. On the ALCOR pod, everything works fine, just none of the stock or B9 pods.

My apologies if this issue has already been noted here already.

In stock pods with RPM, when navigating options in the MechJeb, SCANsat, and VesselView screens, the 'Back' key sends the menu to the top-level MOD select screen instead of just up one level. So, if I go a few levels into any mod's options, it's not possible to back out and change options down other trees. On the ALCOR pod, everything works fine, just none of the stock or B9 pods.

You're using Hyomot's version, yes? Check the KSI thread for details on how to fix that (it's basically commenting out that button's function in the cfg).

Also, might I suggest another idea?

Would it be possible to name the cameras in the VAB? Then when in IVA it could display the camera name at the top of the screen? When having many cameras, this would be immensely helpful identifying which camera is which.

This would be good.

Myself I`d like to give the cameras priority so you could have a few cameras that are number four but only the highest priority is shown on screen, then when the stage drops the next number four in priority is shown so you don`t get blank screens due to having staged the camera.

The priority would give explicit control of the order they appear (then you could have for example the number four camera be 1,`look down at launch from stage 1` then 2,`look internally at stage 1 dropping` then 3,`look internally at stage 2 dropping` then 4,`watch the landing leg for landing` then 5,`look down from ascent stage during takeoff`)

I feel this would give much utility to the cameras and expand the options greatly from the current 8 hopefully without causing too much of a headache to program.

just 5 prioritised camera positions for each monitor would enable 40 cameras on the whole craft...

I tried this mod for the first time the other day with a quick Munar insertion. Did it all IVA+Map mode. Why it took me so freaking long to install it I'll never know. Really well done.

Hi, I just installed this and it's awesome, however I got some issues with the Mk1-2 pod and Mk1 cockpit. I digged a bit through the thread but I haven't found this being reported before:

The interior of the Mk1-2 pod is almost completely black. Only a small part of the cockpit is visible, and a hatch. The windows are also all black, no view of outside. The instruments are there though.

The Mk1 cockpit isn't as bad, as I can see outside, but the interior is partially black and some parts are strangely blue.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Other crafts are fine.

Has anyone else got this bug?

Hi, I just installed this and it's awesome, however I got some issues with the Mk1-2 pod and Mk1 cockpit. I digged a bit through the thread but I haven't found this being reported before:

The interior of the Mk1-2 pod is almost completely black. Only a small part of the cockpit is visible, and a hatch. The windows are also all black, no view of outside. The instruments are there though.

The Mk1 cockpit isn't as bad, as I can see outside, but the interior is partially black and some parts are strangely blue.

http://imgur.com/a/fkh5k

Other crafts are fine.

Has anyone else got this bug?

I remember I did at one point, it turned out to be that I was using the Squad Texture Reduction pack which changes the location the textures are stored at or something. If you have steam just verify your game cache before launching the game and see if that works.

I tried this mod for the first time the other day with a quick Munar insertion. Did it all IVA+Map mode. Why it took me so freaking long to install it I'll never know. Really well done.

Same here, simply amazing. Even better with the Through the Eyes of a Kerbal for 1st person EVA.