[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

OK.. I think I have issues then. Because none of the buttons react to mouseclicking. Was there a part that I was meant to include?

I have all the files installed in the right parts (AFAIK), including the MechJebRPM, ScanSatRPM and JSI folders.

Well, if you don't install them into the correct locations, they complain right on screen, which you would see, but these are mighty unusual issues -- it's like some kind of global button class failure, and I don't see many ways in which it can fail.

I need your KSP_Data/output_log.txt to get an idea on what's happening. (NOT KSP.log)

I think this should work...

https://db.tt/JqcbhgyC

GameData\ASET_ALCOR-v0.6\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor.dll

GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins\RasterPropMonitor.dll

GameData\Space Factory Ind\PPTS\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins\RasterPropMonitor.dll

There's your problem, you have three copies of the DLL on your system, of which only one should be there -- the one in GameData\JSI.

The latest version explicitly complains if it's installed not where it needs to be, but the old versions didn't have that feature, so meh.

Edited by Mihara
For extra clarity.

Ah. You're a champion. I downloaded from your first post (I thought - although... My 2yo may disagree, we have roughly approximate attention spans these days)... Where's your latest version?

The one in the first post of this thread is always the latest public release. There is always a development release which is linked off the first page of the wiki, but that is the work-in-progress build not guaranteed to work at all.

But it's also meant to be included with other mods that use it, with the idea that the newest version will overwrite the older one (Windows will warn you and show you version numbers of DLL to compare) like with all the numerous mods that use the Firespitter.dll. Unfortunately that breaks if they all don't insist that it is installed into the same place every time.

Well, now the DLLs insist on it themselves, but there are still older versions out there which didn't. :)

Would it be possible to include the other props from the ALCOR pod?

Like all the switches and indicators? I don't know if alexustas made them or you.

It would be great.

greetings,

Themorris

PS: I'm not using the alcor capsule right now, because then my external cameras don't seem to work anymore. But maybe thats just me, because I used the alcor mfd in the past to patch the other vessels and it has speficic camera transforms, which the other pods don't have.

Would it be possible to include the other props from the ALCOR pod?

Like all the switches and indicators? I don't know if alexustas made them or you.

It would be great.

Alexustas made them all, I don't do modeling. And I don't want to duplicate stuff if I can. :) I'll ask him to make some more stock-like props specifically for this package someday, but actually finishing ALCOR takes priority.

PS: I'm not using the alcor capsule right now, because then my external cameras don't seem to work anymore. But maybe thats just me, because I used the alcor mfd in the past to patch the other vessels and it has speficic camera transforms, which the other pods don't have.

Locate and remove all copies of RasterPropMonitor.dll outside GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins.

I Literly copy pasted everything in game data to my gam data, the only difference is the module manager, (I have 1.5.6), and I got this message on my ALCOR:

Yep, initialization failure, check the ALCOR thread opening post for a copy of ALCOR fixed for 0.23.

Be sure to remove the old one and make sure the new one is installed correctly: GameData/ASET/ASET_Lander_Cabin01, GameData/ASET/ExtCamRadialVert

Let me resume showing off. :)

xNSvIgW.png

The nice bit is that all those "AG..." lines are parsed into separate variables and can be used on JSIVariableLabel -- so you can actually label IVA buttons this way. :)

And let me continue my regular showing off sessions.

enGZpvP.png

Most of you probably didn't know that Mk1 lander can actually has a hatch on the inside, because normally you can't turn your head around to see it. Well, now you can.

You will need to, because doubleclicking on that cross will make your kerbal go EVA. Every stock capsule that has an EVA hatch visible on the inside is now equipped with this feature, including the crew cabin -- the kerbal you're currently controlling will be the one that goes EVA. :)

Most of you probably didn't know that Mk1 lander can actually has a hatch on the inside, because normally you can't turn your head around to see it. Well, now you can.

You will need to, because doubleclicking on that cross will make your kerbal go EVA. Every stock capsule that has an EVA hatch visible on the inside is now equipped with this feature, including the crew cabin -- the kerbal you're currently controlling will be the one that goes EVA. :)

ER. MAH. GAWD.

That is beautiful! :D

That is beautiful! :D

...and I'm thinking on how to get the kerbals to move between pods by doubleclicking on the inside stack hatches, too, which would, for some uses, supplant Crew Manifest. That's not walking-in-IVA, but that's as close as I can get you and much closer than before. :)

The problem isn't as much moving them around as it is determining which other pods they can move to from there they are.

I love this thing :cool: .... but I must report that it breaks the Kethane Mod, any solution? (I use it with the ALCOR Pod)

This is a Kethane problem that can be triggered by any mod which includes a plugin that fails to load. Unfortunately, sometimes they're supposed to fail to load.

Kethane searches the other plugins for functions implementing it's API so that the API can actually happen. Unfortunately, the plugin that failed to load also gets found, but then cannot be accessed and Kethane chokes on it. The solution at the moment is looking diligently through the debug log for a plugin that generates an AssemblyLoader exception ("AssemblyLoader: Exception loading thatplugin") and making sure it is updated or failing that, removed.

If you use RPM but do not use SCANsat, SCANsatRPM.dll will fail to load (as intended) and trigger this bug. If you use RPM but do not use MechJeb, MechJebRPM.dll will fail to load (as intended!) and trigger this bug. The same will happen with any plugins that optionally use the Toolbar when the toolbar itself is not installed -- this requires them to bundle a separate plugin which they use to communicate with the toolbar, which will fail to load if the toolbar is not installed.

Majir seems to have fixed it, but he isn't treating releasing the fixed version as a matter of urgency, so you can either install MechJeb and SCANsat or remove MechJebRPM.dll/SCANsatRPM.dll.

Edited by Mihara

Well, shoot. The example prop is sweet, but it really just shows off potential. I actually use these types of devices in my day to day, and with a bit of tweaking, I might fulfill that dream of going to the Mun strictly IVA. NOW CAN WE GET A FIRST PERSON KERBAL MOD ALREADY?!?!

Hi Termaul -- if you do this, could you please post how you did it, for those of us who are also experiencing this problem and aren't as code-savvy? :confused:

No problem , for the quick easy fix : i downloaded a fresh copy of KSP and copied the spaces folder from gamedata/squad/spaces, with out added the texture reduction pack to it. Then place that new spaces folder inside your main KSP directory /gamedata/squad/spaces. Back up or copy the folders just in case .:) Hope that helps

Well, shoot. The example prop is sweet, but it really just shows off potential. I actually use these types of devices in my day to day, and with a bit of tweaking, I might fulfill that dream of going to the Mun strictly IVA.

Alexustas is doing that every day while he's working on ALCOR. :) I barely have time to keep up with his feature requests, so my props are generally a few generations behind.

NOW CAN WE GET A FIRST PERSON KERBAL MOD ALREADY?!?!

EVA, you mean? I think there was something like that out there, never caught on though...

Mihara you may want to look into this even though it is abandoned, it was a great idea

I can't look into something that isn't just abandoned but entirely missing -- there's no link to the code anywhere I can see. :)

No problem , for the quick easy fix : i downloaded a fresh copy of KSP and copied the spaces folder from gamedata/squad/spaces, with out added the texture reduction pack to it. Then place that new spaces folder inside your main KSP directory /gamedata/squad/spaces. Back up or copy the folders just in case .:) Hope that helps

Actually, try using the debloated internals, and unchanged RPM internals with this ModuleManager patch:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532373/debloat-support-patches.cfg

If you report success, I'll post it in the OP.

EDIT: Actually, I just tested it myself. Took a while to get it to work because MODEL nodes don't have a name and I had to dig into ModuleManager source to find the syntax. But it definitely works now, though I think it requires ModuleManager 1.5.6.

Edited by Mihara