[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Just letting you know, AVC is popping up telling me that RasterPropMonitor Ver. 18.3 was built for KSP .25

That's because it is. Downloading the dlls doesn't change the .version file, nor is it an official update. For all intents and purposes, we are all using an out of date mod here. You can change the .version file yourself to include 0.90, but I like to keep it there to remind me that I need to update it or I'd forget otherwise.

That's because it is. Downloading the dlls doesn't change the .version file, nor is it an official update. For all intents and purposes, we are all using an out of date mod here. You can change the .version file yourself to include 0.90, but I like to keep it there to remind me that I need to update it or I'd forget otherwise.

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm using CKAN... and that's not giving me an update. I'm confused, is there an updated .dll? Should I be installing a dev version manually?

Sorry I didn't see this, I'm still pre-coffee. Should I be using this instead of what CKAN installed?

I'm not having any issues that I know of with the version I have, other than AVC giving me pop-ups, but it would be good if theres an update, for CKAN to be updated, it really does make life moderately hassle free. :)

Edited by KerBlam

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm using CKAN... and that's not giving me an update. I'm confused, is there an updated .dll? Should I be installing a dev version manually?

The version from CKAN does not include the patches for the default pods. You'll have to install them manually (just the "RPMPodPatches" folder). I found that out the hard way.

You can change the .version file yourself to include 0.90, but I like to keep it there to remind me that I need to update it or I'd forget otherwise.

That doesn't work for me. RasterPropMonitor.version reads

"KSP_VERSION": {

"MAJOR":0,

"MINOR":90,

"PATCH":0

}

and KSP still complains.

Should I be using this instead of what CKAN installed?

Probably. I don't know what CKAN installed for you (one of the reasons I don't particularly care for it - I can no longer assume people are installing what they should be installing). AFAIK, no-ones put MOARdv's dlls on there so what you have is likely the default dlls you get from the OP which are outdated. And my point still stands - AVC is reading what the .version file says and neither CKAN nor updating the dlls change that file.

it really does make life moderately hassle free. :)

You mean apart from this time, right? And all the other times it's failed? [/minorCKANrant]

EDIT:

That doesn't work for me. RasterPropMonitor.version reads

and KSP still complains.

Hmm.. now I think of it, this is probably because https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/master/GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/RasterPropMonitor.version (i.e. the remote url than AVC checks against for updates) still reads 0.25 and only Mihara can change that. Changing the .version file only changes what version it supports which is different to saying there's an update available. My mistake, I didn't realise RPMs .version file was that robust.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Probably. I don't know what CKAN installed for you (one of the reasons I don't particularly care for it - I can no longer assume people are installing what they should be installing). AFAIK, no-ones put MOARdv's dlls on there so what you have is likely the default dlls you get from the OP which are outdated. And my point still stands - AVC is reading what the .version file says and neither CKAN nor updating the dlls change that file.

I just updated the .DLL all the same.

You mean apart from this time, right? And all the other times it's failed? [/minorCKANrant]

I can only talk from my own (admittedly limited) experience, when I say that so far it has made installing and keeping mods updated easy, except for this instance.

I'm still a bit confused about it. Has CKAN not been updated to the latest version because of some gripe with CKAN?

edit:

Hmm.. now I think of it, this is probably because https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mi...onitor.version (i.e. the remote url than AVC checks against for updates) still reads 0.25 and only Mihara can change that. Changing the .version file only changes what version it supports which is different to saying there's an update available. My mistake, I didn't realise RPMs .version file was that robust.

Has Mihara dropped the project? No judgement, I'm just asking.

Edited by KerBlam

CKAN has version 18.3 sans the ModuleManager patches for the stock command pods, so it needs to be manually updated with MoarDV's .dlls and the patches from Mihara's regular pack.

Hmm.. now I think of it, this is probably because https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/master/GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/RasterPropMonitor.version (i.e. the remote url than AVC checks against for updates) still reads 0.25 and only Mihara can change that. Changing the .version file only changes what version it supports which is different to saying there's an update available. My mistake, I didn't realise RPMs .version file was that robust.

Ah, that actually makes sense.

Please disregard my previous post.. CKAN does indeed have 18.3. I need coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

CKAN has version 18.3 sans the ModuleManager patches for the stock command pods, so it needs to be manually updated with MoarDV's .dlls and the patches from Mihara's regular pack.

I have MoarDV's .dll where do I find these other patches?

I can only talk from my own (admittedly limited) experience, when I say that so far it has made installing and keeping mods updated easy, except for this instance.

I'm still a bit confused about it. Has CKAN not been updated to the latest version because of some gripe with CKAN?

edit:

Has Mihara dropped the project? No judgement, I'm just asking.

Veering ever so slightly off topic - there is (or at least, was) issues with CKAN fully downloading required dependencies (ref. KAX and its Firespitter resources), mods not being installed to their correct place (KerbalAlarmClock instead of TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock), conflicting versions present on it (Landing Aid vs Horizontal Landing Aid).. that and pretty much every response to a new mod is 'CKAN?'. It's the new 'can I have a non-Curse mirror?'. That's my issues with it and it's enough to make me not want to bother. Can't beat manual installation (checking every file that goes in should go in) and keeping an eye on the thread for unofficial updates. But that's just me.

As for Mihara, I have no idea. Haven't heard from him since the last update to RPM (although last online 3 January, last post was in October) :/ It'd be sad if he has as Hyomoto has basically stopped with his MFDs (the only way I can use RPM).. so yeah, I hope not. Time will tell.

They're included in the download from https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases . (Folder: JSI\RPMPodPatches)

The whole folder?

As far as CKAN goes, I think of it as an accessibility mod. Not every end user is as savvy, or has the time up their sleeve to spend ensuring that every dependency is met and every patch is applied (sometimes it can be quite obscure, as in this instance) so for a modder it is helping you to expand your audience, surely that is a desired result.

It is, like almost everything in the community, a WIP, and it is getting more proficient at ensuring that things are going in their right places and conflicts are getting ironed out. I have around 40 mods installed through CKAN and have not had a single issue. Even this one I'm not calling it an issue, more of a slight annoyance caused by a pop-up, no biggy.

Edited by KerBlam

Even this one I'm not calling it an issue, more of a slight annoyance caused by a pop-up, no biggy.

KerBlam, would you mind terribly to open up an issue over at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support and shortly describe the issue so it does not get forgotten / overlooked?

We would love to make the CKAN experience as excellent as possible for everyone :)

KerBlam, would you mind terribly to open up an issue over at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support and shortly describe the issue so it does not get forgotten / overlooked?

We would love to make the CKAN experience as excellent as possible for everyone :)

Yeah no worries I'm always happy to help! I'm not exactly sure what the issue is exactly though...

If it's this I don't know if lodging it with Github will help.. :

Hmm.. now I think of it, this is probably because https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mi...onitor.version (i.e. the remote url than AVC checks against for updates) still reads 0.25 and only Mihara can change that. Changing the .version file only changes what version it supports which is different to saying there's an update available. My mistake, I didn't realise RPMs .version file was that robust.

I could be mistaken but I think that CKAN uses the same metadata to keep updated that AVC does.

edit: And as I think of it, CKAN has the correct version, it just doesn't have the correct patches, the issue I had came from AVC, and it's simply a pop-up saying that RPM was made for v0.25, which is due to Mihara not changing the .version file. as pointed out above. It doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest, everything works perfectly.

Edited by KerBlam
Propa Ting

i'm wondering if you might be able to help me please.

I installed your mod and I like the look, but the video display screens are all grey and I'm not sure why or how to fix it, I tried reading your manual you have but it just confused me and I honestly didn't have much of an idea of what you were explaining about. I also tried MFD by kerbal industries but this did not correct the issue.

can you offer any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to correct it?

p.s. I did try searching this thread but couldn't find anything related using the key words "blank" "grey" and "display"

i'm wondering if you might be able to help me please.

I installed your mod and I like the look, but the video display screens are all grey and I'm not sure why or how to fix it, I tried reading your manual you have but it just confused me and I honestly didn't have much of an idea of what you were explaining about. I also tried MFD by kerbal industries but this did not correct the issue.

can you offer any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to correct it?

p.s. I did try searching this thread but couldn't find anything related using the key words "blank" "grey" and "display"

If you are running ATM try this You need to go to Gamedata/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs and open "ASET.cfg", after that you just need to replace "true" by "false".

[MOD - I've just edited Mihara's OP to include a link to MOARdv's post on 0.90.0 fixes for JSI RPM, to save people from asking for the download link repeatedly. Hope this helps :)

-sumghai]

Thanks. (10char)